Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, your ancestors went through heartache, stress, illness, death, childbirth, having hopes and dreams, basically the whole sprectrum of life experience, all so you, wonderful you, could swan around being a social media influencer lol. Is like girl, girl, please....you make a living filming yourself frying an egg and moaning about your pants not fitting.

I honestly think is the peek self involved moment I've seen yet. I've always imagined what these influences look like in the wild " anyone seen Joey B toonz on youtube" and think they look so much less glamorous when you see them actually there not involved in the world but in themselves with their sad little phones out all the time. Never just being in the moment. Yes of course, if your ancestors could see you they would topple over with amazement, "it's all for you Rachelllll, our whole bloodline was for yoooouuuu". She believes her own hype so much and is lost in her curated online personality.

Should I pod? I've got an hour to kill while I tidy 😅 Because I could well be the dumbass, and taken it way out of context.
---

Edit. Sorry. Heard 2 seconds. Can't do it
---

📝had a quick scan of the transcript.

Yes basically she paints the scene of being blonde and barefooted wearing long flowing dresses living in a shack, her against the world, Costa Rica Boho dream. She went to a shaman cocoa ceremony.
Of all the people in the really full room he locked eyes on her and said, you, you're last. Then bla bla bla, she's special , uses the word rare actually, yes her precious bloodline and she's the chosen one and her whole family suffered abuse for generations all so she could stop it. And she's crying and everyone's looking at her.
The rest of the transcript I couldn't be arsed because it was just every other word seemed to be I. 🤮

She talks of letting go alot, but from my experience, mediation and letting go is to tear the story down you tell yourself, not build up this massive hyped narrative where you're the bees knees m8.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Oh no! Even when I was a fan and I listened to the audiobook she told that story and I skipped that part. 😂 It was so blatantly obvious she was embellishing and also just cringe. Okay Rach, so you went to a super sacred not like any other cacao ceremony ever not like those ones you’ve seen in other places, we get it, it was different. Reality: Rachel was a tourist at the time and did one of the most common tourist things, (not hating on it, cacao is a sacred and still major crop and medicinal plant in Costa Rica today, but tourists come from all over and try it there for a reason), a cacao ceremony.

Reactions: 8
Is she talking (again) about the same ceremony she details in TLALG where she claims her trip not only healed herself but also everyone else present because she was ~*tHaT*~ divinely gifted and special?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I have never read the book, but sounds the same as you describe. I listened to just that story bit of the pod, and yes she really drills down that the shaman is saying she's really important and rare and everyone for generations and generations have been waiting for her, it's all for her. And her daughter will be the first child born without the generational trauma, "and it's all thanks to you" literally she has no humility or self awareness of how arrogant that whole story sounds. Makes me cringeeee

Reactions: 4
Sadly Lea’s trauma could come one day when she realizes every single day of her childhood was used in some way for her mother’s branding or as some form of entertainment for millions. She never for one moment of her life had privacy all her own.

But who knows, maybe one day that’ll be the norm. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Rachel’s idea that she is the chosen one who will heal all her family’s trauma is especially annoying given the fact that Rachel is in no way “healed”. She is a narcissistic privileged diva with immense health anxiety who loves to create drama and is just downright mean to people, like the Regina George of the “wellness world”
---

Sorry rach, think you’re just continuing the line. And I’m sure we will see that as her children grow up
---

Also this is gone from her stories now but did anyone see her post a pic of a cabin the other day saying “new goal, buy a cabin like this somewhere beautiful”…. She can’t be thinking about buying property number 462857 already after just buying her “dream farm”… Rachel please stop. Please be happy with what you have for once. Live in the moment. You know, all that stuff you spew to your followers but don’t reallly live by

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
This new podcast is so ducking tone deaf.

Of course Rachel, a person whose lineage is Swedish, a country with the highest happiness and satisfaction rating in the world, with no substantial history of war, persecution or poverty, is the bearer of the most significant amount of family trauma.

Not people linked to the african diaspora, not families impacted by religious persecution, not people from war torn countries, or who lost their cultures and identities to colonization. No. It’s white, wealthy Rachel in happy sweden who has the biggest burden to bear. Literally duck all the way off

• Haha
Reactions: 18
It honestly just makes me sad that she thinks she’s being some kind of badass rebel or something by acting recklessly while pregnant. And these people in her comments who are like “I did __ while pregnant and everything turned out fine!” The professional recommendations aren’t based in a high incidence rate; some of these potential negative outcomes are rare BUT THEY ARE DEVASTATING when they occur. I swear Rachel has lost her head from being online too much; she’ll do dangerous shite just to stir up some drama and engagement and make herself feel like she’s exceptional in some way. Or maybe it’s just that her mind is developmentally stuck in teenage-hood. But it’s so cringe to watch.

Does anyone have the tea on what happened with her mom? Did the alt-right sympathizer (holistic psychologist) tell Rachel to cut her off or something?

Rachel's rebel pregnancy is just one more proof of her privilege. She's just so lucky to fall pregnant on a whim, she thinks it's easy and no big deal. I have friends who are going through harrowing fertility struggles. I bet you anything that when they get pregnant they won't be going around disparaging Western medicine and calling guidelines nonsense and drinking. They know how easy it is to miscarry, how hard it can be to become pregnant.

I have less and less patience for Rachel lately.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Guys we are talking about a woman who in the middle of a pandemic that killed millions and left millions jobless described it as the most beautiful time in HER life, with zero self awareness of how awful that sounds. Not even a, silver lining is…just nope this is the most beautiful time ever, just took a pandemic! I remember cause that was one of the biggest alarms to me that she was actually just a grifter and not truly someone who cared about the world around her and spreading good.

Reactions: 9
Have enjoyed zero YG content of late, but did see the latest pod title. Recycling content again, diving into her diet again. Let it gooooo. If anyone listened I’d love to know if it’s as predictable as it seems. I’ll venture a guess:

-She says ancestral about a million times, so much so the word loses any meaning.
-I’m 100% sure she has to tell the world about bone broth like she discovered it because that’s such a trend. Not negating benefits, but trendy is trendy.
-Vegans are constricting and judgmental. This one irks me because I’m married to one and I enjoy my pescatarian diet fine, sorry she was a tit vegan, but that community has grown and evolved past her close-minded beliefs.
-Magic eggs? mystical bovine? Any magic meat?
-And maybe more “facts” about veganism being awful for the planet because the food is packaged. 😂 Big leap from claiming that’s veganism’s fault and not the entire food industry.

For a person so grounded in her choice, this incessant need to shove her label-free life down people’s throats, although she’s basically labeled herself as anti-vegan anti-medicine privileged white girl right quick, drips with insecurity. 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Have enjoyed zero YG content of late, but did see the latest pod title. Recycling content again, diving into her diet again. Let it gooooo. If anyone listened I’d love to know if it’s as predictable as it seems. I’ll venture a guess:

-She says ancestral about a million times, so much so the word loses any meaning.
-I’m 100% sure she has to tell the world about bone broth like she discovered it because that’s such a trend. Not negating benefits, but trendy is trendy.
-Vegans are constricting and judgmental. This one irks me because I’m married to one and I enjoy my pescatarian diet fine, sorry she was a tit vegan, but that community has grown and evolved past her close-minded beliefs.
-Magic eggs? mystical bovine? Any magic meat?
-And maybe more “facts” about veganism being awful for the planet because the food is packaged. 😂 Big leap from claiming that’s veganism’s fault and not the entire food industry.

For a person so grounded in her choice, this incessant need to shove her label-free life down people’s throats, although she’s basically labeled herself as anti-vegan anti-medicine privileged white girl right quick, drips with insecurity. 😳
I did listen. You pretty much summarized the whole podcast:
-She did say ‘ancestral’ a lot of course, but also threw in an ‘ancient’ here and there as well.
-She told the story of the first couple of times she made bone broth. Of course the bones were from cows raised on her grandmother’s grandfather’s (or vice versa) land so that made it super ancestral and ancient.
-She rants about horrible judgey vegans and how it’s such a label and box, and yes, constricting. She goes into how she really bullied Dennis into being vegan. What a b.
-There was a very long story about a magical chicken, the very first one she bought, cooked and ate. Somehow it teleported itself from a roadside stand she visited (but before she got there) to a grocery store she happened to be shopping in later. (Don’t ask. 🙄). FFS, this story went on for what seemed like 30 minutes plus.
-Bad vegan packaging was mentioned at least once.

Yes, she should let it go already. Nobody cares what you eat, Rachel. It’s just all the drama and judgement she creates around food that is so annoying. I definitely got impressions of disordered eating here and there while listening to the podcast.

She thinks that animal protein has cured her of course. I haven’t been checking in on her IG much since the first of the year. Is she all healthy and better? 🙄

Finally, her ads in this pod were for Walgreens (which I thought had bad western medicine drugs) and some sort of game ( the kind you play on your phone). WTF? Seems very off-brand. Is she just desperate for money these days or are her numbers tanking and she doesn’t have much choice in ad offers?

Last edited:
  • Haha
, her ads in this pod were for Walgreens (which I thought had bad western medicine drugs) and some sort of game ( the kind you play on your phone). WTF? Seems very off-brand. Is she just desperate for money these days or are her numbers tanking and she doesn’t have much choice in ad offers?
[/QUOTE]

Dang! I really should’ve bet some money! Seriously that’s insane and I don’t know if it’s funny or sad or both. 😳 How did she go from aligned and purposeful ads to Walgreens and phone games? She stopped making money for helping others and it just all goes to lining her many properties, shame.

Funny thing is the topic is interesting, how our bodies need different foods in different seasons, but she’s so obsessed with showing she’s right or her way is the universe’s way. It would be sad if she wasn’t so judgmental and preachy still. She professes about no longer being a judgmental vegan 😂 but she just judges vegans now!

Reactions: 5
, her ads in this pod were for Walgreens (which I thought had bad western medicine drugs) and some sort of game ( the kind you play on your phone). WTF? Seems very off-brand. Is she just desperate for money these days or are her numbers tanking and she doesn’t have much choice in ad offers?
Dang! I really should’ve bet some money! Seriously that’s insane and I don’t know if it’s funny or sad or both. 😳 How did she go from aligned and purposeful ads to Walgreens and phone games? She stopped making money for helping others and it just all goes to lining her many properties, shame.

Funny thing is the topic is interesting, how our bodies need different foods in different seasons, but she’s so obsessed with showing she’s right or her way is the universe’s way. It would be sad if she wasn’t so judgmental and preachy still. She professes about no longer being a judgmental vegan 😂 but she just judges vegans now!
[/QUOTE]
I saw the title and skipped. Cant listen to that agaiiin. Not even for background cleaning. It d be interested if she would invite a guest on the show, a nutrionist or someeething.Show different pov. But that may not serve her narrative.

Reactions: 2
How is she possibly justifying doing ads for Walgreens alongside her "wild" (except when it doesn't suit her) pregnancy? I guess she still wants the option of grabbing a bottle of Tylenol, or perhaps that's where she's really buying her super ancestral bone broth?

Ads for Walgreens and phone games sounds strongly to me as if she's struggling to find brands to pay her...

Reactions: 4
How is she possibly justifying doing ads for Walgreens alongside her "wild" (except when it doesn't suit her) pregnancy? I guess she still wants the option of grabbing a bottle of Tylenol, or perhaps that's where she's really buying her super ancestral bone broth?

Ads for Walgreens and phone games sounds strongly to me as if she's struggling to find brands to pay her...
Yep, they definitely sound like bottom of the barrell advertising offers.

Reactions: 2
A few other nuggets from the pod:
-She talks about eating the moose her brother shot. And also they (her and Dennis) are thinking about getting hunting licenses. She says something to the effect of she wants to take her place at the top of the food chain and wants to be part of the natural life-death cycle and she thinks she is getting closer to nature this way and that this is the best way to honor the life of the animal. I think she means taking the animal’s life herself is the best way to honor the animal and be part of nature. She also references getting chickens for eggs but would eat them when the time is right.
-She had some candy and a can of Coke. She is being less restrictive and vigilant then she was when she was a vegan.
-Woo to Q much? 🙄

• Sick
Reactions: 5
This woman projects a lottttttt of her own psychological baggage onto the food. Not sure why everything she eats needs such a long winded justification?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.