Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
GOOD!
That must piss her off a lot.

Do you know the name of her company in Sweden or do you have a link, I’d like to look into that please. I’d like to know the ins and outs of her ‘business’.
Guess it does 😅

There's actually two companies registered in Sweden: Yoga Girl Sweden AB (2016) and Rachel Brathen AB (2021).

---

OK, so there has apparently been a lil “buzz” in Sweden about YG’s choice of birth. Not about the home birth per se, but the combination of having a home birth and not doing regular check ups during pregnancy. People find her approach as an act of self-realization where she values herself and her “magical instincts” higher than the safety and the health of the baby. One midwife said she would never assist a home birth where the mother hadn’t done screenings and check ups prior to birth. “Magical instincts” and “sacred intuition” won’t tell you anything about high blood pressure, infections or blood sugar levels etc. The fact that YG has 2M followers can inspire others to be a “freebirther” and have “wild pregnancies”, which can potentially be dangerous. People also question her rhetoric regarding experts/doctors/midwifes as “bad” and “freebirthing warrior moms” as “good”.

Well, this is basically what the “buzz” is all about.

---

Congrats to everyone who had "make broth" on their Boring Rachel bingo cards.
We must stop providing her content ideas 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
The originality of tasting and rating semla buns is ZERO. Just copy/paste from every other Swedish influencer right now. Zzz. Must be so boring content for people from other countries. Not that her content is exciting at all these days.

Finally found a comment section about her in Swedish. The absolute majority thinks she’s an elitist crazy antivaxxing megalomaniac giving bad vibes, and spends too much time drinking tea and fighting “the system”.

They also believe that she’s not actually eating cheese, drinking champagne etc. She just says that to provoke and then being able to prove people wrong when her baby is (hopefully) born healthy. She comes off as a privileged cuckoo that can afford being ignorant against the health care system (bc privilege).

On another note, she has a company registered in Sweden since 2021. Get the feeling they (Rakel) decided on (glue) baby nr 2 ONLY IF they moved to Sweden. Rakel was pushy about that for sure, so that she/they could get paid leave – soo convenient, huh? I think Dennis will get that benefit, too, since they are married.
This is great to hear that she is rubbing people wrong in Sweden 😍, only a matter of time before Sweden cancels her too god willing. 🤣 She sounds like she’s on her way, from her podcast ramblings of negative press, and now this news you shared. 💃🏼

Reactions: 6
Congrats to everyone who had "make broth" on their Boring Rachel bingo cards.
It’s as if people have never just chucked a bunch of veg and left over chicken bones into a pot of hot water?! Why do you need a whole book on it?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This is great to hear that she is rubbing people wrong in Sweden 😍, only a matter of time before Sweden cancels her too god willing. 🤣 She sounds like she’s on her way, from her podcast ramblings of negative press, and now this news you shared. 💃🏼
Yes, I am calling her next move after she gets run out of or sick of Sweden as Costa Rica. She’s already complaining about the dark cold winters making her moods low (last pod). How long do we give Sweden? 2025, 2026?

Reactions: 8
Yeah, this has to be rigged. Who is insane enough to vote for a "plant spirit ritual"??? What does that even mean?
For sure, both because "plant spirit ritual" is a nonsensical sequence of words, and because I'm sure she wants to make it seem like she was being drawn away from yoga by the universe ("This is just what people organically want from me! It's not because I don't do yoga anymore!").

For sure, both because "plant spirit ritual" is a nonsensical sequence of words, and because I'm sure she wants to make it seem like she was being drawn away from yoga by the universe ("This is just what people organically want from me! It's not because I don't do yoga anymore!").
Exactly, it's the perfect cue for her to be all "my audience has grown with me, it is such a beautiful gift, we all evolve, the universe calls me, nature, ancestors, cows, stringing words together that sound meaningful but are empty."

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah, this has to be rigged. Who is insane enough to vote for a "plant spirit ritual"??? What does that even mean?
Yes, I think it was rigged. I didn't know what it meant either. She just wants to talk about it.

I googled it and it comes up as some sort of shamanic technique (https://blog.pachamama.org/plant-spirit-shamanism-call-plants):

“The Shamanic Technique of Gazing
Spend some time with the plant once you have met it, merging your consciousness with it while sensing its qualities and healing intentions. By consciously extending and refining what we take in with our senses, we can cross the boundary of the physical world of plants and enter into the higher dimensions of plant life. Such mindfulness forms the basis for recognizing the essence of the plants and how they work within the human soul. This is a shamanic technique known as gazing, according to Heaven and Charing in Plant Spirit Shamanism.”

Nothing wrong with that, I don’t know much about it, but is Rachel trying to now be some sort of shaman? The woman can never be just a person trying something new, but has to hold forth as some spiritual leader/expert in every new thing she tries even though she has very limited depth, knowledge, or experience in it (cough cough, YoGa? GuRL). She pillages ancestral practices, exploits them until she gets bored with them, and moves on to the next one.

I guess we will find out soon what is going on.

Reactions: 7
Her story today about giving herself permission to slow down etc slow down from doing what exactly? Most of us have 40+ hrs to work, kids, meals to cook etc but what’s she need a break from? Tea, talking into a microphone when she’s not talking into IG? Surely not yoga anymore. Must take a lot of energy to conspire ways to feed this mirage of enlightenment and con folks out of money.

Imagine being Lea and watching mommy have more conversations out loud to a phone than she probably does to her. Add another little one who will have to dance when told to as the record button is pressed.

honestly breaks my heart because she was a huge inspiration to my yoga education and to watch someone you looked up to unravel and show how far away from yoga she truly is is disappointing.

Her story today about giving herself permission to slow down etc slow down from doing what exactly? Most of us have 40+ hrs to work, kids, meals to cook etc but what’s she need a break from? Tea, talking into a microphone when she’s not talking into IG? Surely not yoga anymore. Must take a lot of energy to conspire ways to feed this mirage of enlightenment and con folks out of money.

Imagine being Lea and watching mommy have more conversations out loud to a phone than she probably does to her. Add another little one who will have to dance when told to as the record button is pressed.

honestly breaks my heart because she was a huge inspiration to my yoga education and to watch someone you looked up to unravel and show how far away from yoga she truly is is disappointing.
I feel exactly the same! She went downhill once she had Lea and her content moved away from actual yoga to ‘diaries of a toddler’ 🙄

If she really wants to slow down she should do a social media detox.

Reactions: 4
"Because if they're not grass fed, organic cows then you're a peice of tit. I eat meat but when I do it, I do it better than you"
And what is this crap, "pro metabolic marshmallows"?! And she never gives credit, just pretends that she came up with all the weird recipes herself.

---

And this, that she posted yesterday, is she Gaelic/Celtic now too? Or can someone explain? I'm confused.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
And what is this crap, "pro metabolic marshmallows"?! And she never gives credit, just pretends that she came up with all the weird recipes herself.

---

And this, that she posted yesterday, is she Gaelic/Celtic now too? Or can someone explain? I'm confused.
She appropriates every culture that suits her.
---

"Because if they're not grass fed, organic cows then you're a peice of tit. I eat meat but when I do it, I do it better than you"
Yes exactly! It’s organic milk/gelatinous harvested by virgins wearing gold 🙏🏻 so pure and nourishing. Only the best of the best for Rakel.

Reactions: 5
From vegan to gelatin eating in such a quick time. She probably loves an ikea hotdog or 3 as well

• Haha
She eats in restaurants, eats liver pate and this industrial cheese crap. No way that this is all made from happy grass fed animals who only had "one bad day in their lives" 🙄
She really must be bored if she is making gut healthy marshmallows. What ingredient makes it healthy I wonder. The gelantine? So stupid...

She eats in restaurants, eats liver pate and this industrial cheese crap. No way that this is all made from happy grass fed animals who only had "one bad day in their lives" 🙄
She really must be bored if she is making gut healthy marshmallows. What ingredient makes it healthy I wonder. The gelantine? So stupid...
I imagine she thinks they're healthy because unlike store bought marsh mallows, they're made with maple syrup, not high fructose corn syrup. But marshmallows aren't meant to be healthy imo 🤣

I can't stand the Teletubbies voice she puts on in her stories whenever she's walking outside her farm. "gooooooooood morniiiiiing *stupid smug grin* it is a beauuuuuuuutiful day. Blue skies." Blah blah blah

So todays podcast reads it’s an “Ask Rachel” but really it’s just listen to Rachel defend every dumb decision she’s making in the name of her privileged rich life and then she’ll talk about tea cause she doesn’t have enough of that content. 😂

No need to listen just read the descriptions they tell enough, we could probably write out what she’s gonna say.

“None of these questions are heard beforehand.”
Means, I had my team pick a question where I could just vomit about my pregnancy. Lol she’s already done this podcast, and she’s just doing it again and hiding it behind an “Ask Rachel.” I haven’t listened, but I guarantee that’s all it is. Recycled content once again. 🙄 Sacred ancestral content.

Last edited:
Tell me you are a privileged asshole, without telling me you are a privileged asshole:

Well I’m pregnant with excellent health coverage and access to the best care in the world,

But no no no, I was told to push too much during childbirth and my blood is probably being used for global domination and medical systems are evil, but I’ll give one sample here so I can get paid leave from my job which is….

Basically I spend my days baking and judging local pastries and posting all of that on Instagram.

Anddddd oh yeah, I tit all over other cultures, because yes folks yoga and veganism both have cultural roots, they weren’t just discovered by YG.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.