Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In her mind it's "feminist" because feminism apparently = a (white) woman (loudly) declaring her own life decisions despite what the patriarchy (and scientists and historical context and minorities) tells her she *can't* do with her own (cis) (abled) (wealthy) body.

Reactions: 4
Poor Lea has made a to-do list over there on Rachel’s stories, including tasks like eating, making a snowman, having a snowball fight. This is the second 5-6 year old child I have seen imitating their influenster mom in a sad way. The other one made a list of things she wanted to improve about herself in the new year. The narcissist influencer moms are enamored with their little gurus and call it things like ‘manifesting’ and ‘being intentional’. I just think it is sad. It doesn’t seem like 5-6 year olds should be worrying about these things.

Reactions: 6
Poor Lea has made a to-do list over there on Rachel’s stories, including tasks like eating, making a snowman, having a snowball fight. This is the second 5-6 year old child I have seen imitating their influenster mom in a sad way. The other one made a list of things she wanted to improve about herself in the new year. The narcissist influencer moms are enamored with their little gurus and call it things like ‘manifesting’ and ‘being intentional’. I just think it is sad. It doesn’t seem like 5-6 year olds should be worrying about these things.
Yes! Something about that list felt so sad to me (adding in the fact that it always feels like such a gross violation of little Lea's privacy when Rachel shares these things). This poor child can't have anything to herself/kept private

It feels SUPER disingenuous of Rachel to spend several stories talking about how she's allowed to change her mind, she's not trying to speak on anything food-related as if she's an expert, she's just sharing her opinion, etc. What an absolute all-out LIE! How many stories has she posted or how many 'anecdotes' has she shared on her podcast trying to 'educate' folks on proper nutrition, mentioning how the body responds to or absorbs nutrients, sharing 'facts' about her birthing choices, etc. She has 10000% constantly trying to frame herself as an 'expert' on tit she knows nothing about, until she has to be accountable for the nonsense she spouts off, then it's 'oh I'm just sharing my life, I'm not an expert!'. She's so disgusting.
I guarantee that most people don't care that she 'changed' her mind. I think most people care about her lack of acknowledgment and accountability for the harm she's caused in her militancy and righteousness for whatever cause/belief/lifestyle she's into at the moment. She did it with veganism, she's doing it now again with meat-eating/non-veganism, 'farming' and ancestral life, etc.

And on a more petty note - she's looking more and more sickly/gaunt lately. Her skin is pale and sallow, she's got massive bags under her eyes, and she's (still) constantly complaining about how terrible she feels. All of her big lifestyle changes don't seem to be making a difference, at least not in a positive way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Her latest stories, just more word vomit and taking no responsibility at all. She does not have any awareness, nor did she spend more than 6 seconds in her podcast discussing how she militantly made both her husband and child participate in veganism. Sure, change your mind, alter your lifestyle, but we all saw Dennis try to cook fish one time and her freak out. We saw Moon parroting “vegan! Vegan!” As soon as she could form sentences. What we are wondering is “do you feel like an asshole?” Have you apologized to your family for ruling over then bc what Rachel wants Rachel gets? That is what is missing from ALL these conversations.

For someone who is “doing away with labels” and “no longer shaming or judging” etc. She is obsessed with being anti-vegan now, to a point where it makes her look like she isn’t all that grounded in her choices. Why this incessant barrage of anti-vegan nonsense? It’s somewhat uncomfortable to see, not because it challenges any kind of status quo as she thinks, it’s just sad.
So is this what a day working at home is? Doctor Google and sharing viral nonsense?

• Heart
Don't have anything to add that you guys haven't perfectly said above on the whole hypocrisy thing but on a similar note I can't believe she still doesn't bother to caption her bleeping rambling stories. I know she says she doesn't have the feature for reasons unknown since I've seen people both in Aruba and Sweden use them. But there are third party apps that do it. If she gave a single duck, she could use them.

She really has been like…

VEGANISM VEGANISM I WILL SHOVE VEGANISM DOWN YOUR THROATS AND IF YOU ARENT VEGAN YOURE AWFUL. ITS THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE A LIFE OF NON HARM ALIGNED WITH YOUR VALUES, HOW CAN ANYONE CONSIDER EATING AN ANIMAL.

*hand on heart* hey guys, I decided to change my mind. You can all offer ME some grace, I am allowed to change my mind. It’s not nice for us all to be judging others all the time. We all need to do what’s right for our body. It’s a very personal choice. So no, I don’t feel like a hypocrite for growing and changing. I realize it was so wrong of me to force my husband and child into a life of veganism, I am big enough to admit that.

VEGANISM IS SO BAD FOR YOUR BODY AND SO BAD FOR THE PLANET IF ANYONE IS VEGAN ITS SO STUPID AND IT ABSOLUTELY IS NOT ALIGNED WITH THE NATURAL ORDER OF THE WORLD. NOW YOU NEED TO MAKE BONE BROTH AND OWN A FARM TO SLAUGHTER YOUR OWN ANIMALS AND IF YOU ARENT DOING THAT YOU ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE EARTH.

Like, yikes. I also don’t give a tit what she eats and I’m not vegan but it’s this lack of self awareness that she’s doing the same thing all over again just in the other end of the spectrum that drives me nuts. We are expected to offer Rachel grace to change her mind when she doesn’t offer that to anyone else about their decisions. I honestly wish I could just hear her say something along the lines of “veganism was important in my life at one point and served me well and now I have moved on to something else”… done, end of story. I could respect that so much more than this.

You know how serial killers always want to fire their lawyers and defend themselves in court because they are so narcissistic they believe that everyone buys any bullshit they spew out of their mouths… that reminds me of Rachel. Just so narcissistic that she thinks everyone should just bow down to her and all her decisions with no questions asked and she can get herself out of anything with her words.

Reactions: 11
Couldn't agree more with all that has been said. It cracks me up so much that Rachel has portrayed both meat eaters and vegans as militant and insensitive at various points, meanwhile everyone on here is like, "I'm a vegan/I eat meat and I'm pissed at Rachel being a huge annoying hypocrite, not for eating/not eating one thing or another." She's so determined to make the narrative "they hate me for making choices about my body #feminist" meanwhile everyone is like "nope we just want you to make a decision quietly and not feel the need to repeatedly bloviate about why one decision or another is morally pure, thanks."

Did her carnivorism come up in the news or something, aka did she feel the need to do yet another podcast justifying her choices in response to something? Otherwise, between that and shilling for a phone game, it sounds like she's just figured out that her talking about her diet makes for the most clicks. Otherwise I can't think of a good reason why she'd drum up the "drama" of it all again, beyond her obvious need for attention and justification.

She's definitely living for the drama and too self-involved to see how she's repeating the exact same thing she did as a vegan. No one cares that she now eats meat, it's how she bullies anyone who isn't doing what she's doing and vilifies other choices. But that's what gets clicks.

Yoga Girl watches Yellowstone one time, and now she's a staunch cow farmer.

It's hard to believe she's still beating this dead cow of eating meat with ANOTHER podcast, pretty sure I heard in passing as I scrolled by her 20 page insta stories today---looking righteously and smug into the camera (the usual Rakel) that she is planning on making another PODCAST explaining her hypocrisy because others may think "they can't trust her word" 🤣. NO WAY Rach ya think???---how will you sell all your teas and phone games if people don't blindly trust a bleeping used car salesman such as herself? Zero credibility. You don't just go from selling yourself as a certain brand, then do the complete bleeping opposite and expect your "customer" base be down with it.

Agree with what all of what you guys are saying, she's giving angry politician vibes right now, trying to stir up a divide to generate traction and views for her ads.

She has real mental issues. Just know she's probably miserable. I mean who tf drinks when they are pregnant? I'm sure she found a google article justifying the practice of it. It's all she needs.

One thing I gotta say is after reading some of the content, maybe it’s just an attempt to make veganism sound bad, but she sounds like she was an ill-informed vegan!

She mentions reading some ancient book on the topic, and then drolls on about processed faux meats. She thought pea protein was just peas? So to me this says she ate terribly as a “vegan” because she didn’t bother to actually do any real research (not Dr. Google!). There are whole facets of veganism that do not eat faux meat because they don’t consider it a food. I’ve enjoyed the Beyond stuff every now and again, but you can easily eat sustainably and vegan without processed crap. She grows solely vegan food! 😂😂😂😂

Point is, if she sounds like an ill-informed vegan, why would anyone take her word now as a “nourished carnivore”? If you were eating buckets of kale thinking that was gonna be your complete protein, I’m probably not gonna take your word that a McD’s burger is handed down from the ancestors to nourish my body. 😬

So in her stories today, she lists all the things that would make her a hypocrite, had she done them: 1) Selling vegan products or preaching veganism while eating steak at home 2) Not telling the truth 3) Pushing one agenda while living a different lifestyle. Didn’t she do all these things? She was non-vegan for a WHOLE YEAR before she admitted she wasn’t. That is lying. During that time, she sold products and classes to people who may not have bought them had they known she wasn’t vegan anymore. Yikes.

The woman seems to have a lot of issues. Her biggest ‘talents’ seem to be spin, bullshit and gaslighting. And oh yes, appropriation and exploitation of practices from other cultures. 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
Couldn't agree more with all that has been said. It cracks me up so much that Rachel has portrayed both meat eaters and vegans as militant and insensitive at various points, meanwhile everyone on here is like, "I'm a vegan/I eat meat and I'm pissed at Rachel being a huge annoying hypocrite, not for eating/not eating one thing or another." She's so determined to make the narrative "they hate me for making choices about my body #feminist" meanwhile everyone is like "nope we just want you to make a decision quietly and not feel the need to repeatedly bloviate about why one decision or another is morally pure, thanks."

Did her carnivorism come up in the news or something, aka did she feel the need to do yet another podcast justifying her choices in response to something? Otherwise, between that and shilling for a phone game, it sounds like she's just figured out that her talking about her diet makes for the most clicks. Otherwise I can't think of a good reason why she'd drum up the "drama" of it all again, beyond her obvious need for attention and justification.
Off topic, but thanks for the new word ‘bloviate’. It’s great!

Reactions: 3
Mami is glowinggggg. That gelatin makes her radiant.
bleeping hell.
She looks early 50s here. Can’t wait for her to share her skincare routine. 🙄 I would never normally criticize someone’s appearance, but It seems something worth noting here because of all the bullshit she spews. At that age, feeling great as she claims she does, usually translates to looking great. I don’t really think I have seen that translation with her. Maybe it’s the pregnancy. If she does feel great/better with her new way of eating, I would be happy for her, but I question it as I don’t really see it translating to her outer self and because of her usual history with bullshit. And I just find it hard to believe she even has a skincare routine, as she claims she does, with the way her skin looks. If she had even just a basic skin care routine I would think her skin would look better than that.

Also, ‘bleeping hell’. Hahahaha. You’re killing me! But yes, bleeping hell. I agree. 😆

• Haha
Mami is glowinggggg. That gelatin makes her radiant.
bleeping hell.
God, she looks old and rough. Also, her giving out about her sore pelvis, hips prob due to when she fell skiing, even though she claims it’s fine to ski when pregnant 🤔

Reactions: 2
I get that everyone grieves differently but I find it so incredibly bizarre that she is processing her grief about her dog in real time by staring at her own face while she cries and records story-after-story about putting her dog down.

• Wow
Oh Rachel. I love how we segwayed from last weeks “circle-of-life, ancestral, I want to be close to death to honor the life of an animal” ass episode to her bawling her eyes out about her dying dog.

Is losing a pet sad? Yes. But the dichotomy of romanticizing the death of animals as a justification to eat meat contrasted to this weeks breakdown over the impending death of a dog is just absurd. It’s truly Rachel’s world

Reactions: 5
I get that everyone grieves differently but I find it so incredibly bizarre that she is processing her grief about her dog in real time by staring at her own face while she cries and records story-after-story about putting her dog down.
YES! The performative grief is mind-blowing.

YES! The performative grief is mind-blowing.
So performative. I am sure she is sad about it and it is very sad losing a pet, but I felt like she was putting on a performance for the ‘gram. I thought I saw her wipe away a nonexistent tear and throw a fake sniffle or two in there. Anyone else notice that?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.