Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Waiting for someone who comment on the podcast today……… she can really go beyond herself… I would love to talk about it… still processing! .. no idea where or how to start!

Reactions: 4
Waiting for someone who comment on the podcast today……… she can really go beyond herself… I would love to talk about it… still processing! .. no idea where or how to start!
I ll listen it tomorrow but not sure I can stand it. May need to read the transcript. Tbh the title wasnt very appealing.

Reactions: 1
Honestly I saw the title of it in my suggested listening lol yeah right, but I can’t even entertain. She is too much nonsense not enough sense.

Reactions: 1
1. Yoga girl talks about “the system” like hospitals are concentration camps that women are being forced into. Please get all the way over yourself. Nobody is making you do anything

2. There is nothing all that radical or impressive about home birth, it’s simply a preference. A preference that a lot of people make. It isn’t that big of a bragging point. And this is coming from someone who also opted for an out of hospital birth. Although I do have a nurse and midwife present bc why the duck not?

3. If you don’t want people commenting on your birth plan, stop bleeping talking about it. Problem solved. All this chatter about sweden being so bored they have to talk about her. Well then you must be really bleeping bored bc that’s all you do is talk talk talk about yourself.

4. Opting out of “unnecessary” tests is dumb. I’m all about informed consent but get an actual grip. The blood draw in newborns is to test for genetic deficiencies and disorders. My kid failed hers for galactosemia. Turns out she was only a carrier of the gene, but had she had galactosemia my BREAST MILK would have killed her and/or caused severe brain damage (due inability to break down enzymes in milk)

5. Rachel waxing poetic about ancestral/natural/intuitive/wild birth then turning around and bitching about Aruban hospitals not having hot water. Again. A grip. Get one

6. She already tried for one home birth and ended up doing a hospital transfer by choice so idk why she acts like she was “forced into the hospital system” with her first pregnancy. She is so annoying and always looking for a new plotline.

7. My kid is almost the same age as little mooooon and I recently found out I am pregnant again. I hate that yoga girl and I have this in comment. Much synchronicity. So much universe

8. I am also having a homebirth with a midwife but all her chatter about how invasive and horrible “the system” is is such fluff. Receive the medical attention or don’t. Honestly who the duck cares at this point. Nobody is telling you to do anything we’re just begging you to stop talking about it bc it’s honestly not that interesting

9. Rachel obviously watched the business of being born, read some Ina May and hasn’t been the same since. Yes, women are capable of giving birth outside of hospitals. We know, Rachel. This isn’t new information.

10. Get ready for her to go full blown anti vax, sovereign citizen

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Thank you as always @bffr for taking one for the team and giving us a super great break down.

It's scary how much nonsense she spouts not because of her, it sounds callous but I don't care what happens to her. But I can see many women with not much common sense or a lazy attitude towards research falling for Rachel's pseudo science speak.

Yes, women have had babies in bushes for millennia but why would you give up potentially life saving tests like the one you mentioned? And having a midwife nearby in case something happens?

Reactions: 5
@bffr you are the MVP. And congrats on your pregnancy!

I have so many thoughts.

1. Rachel is no longer vegan because vegans are super judgey and sanctimonious. Rachel is also determined to be as judgey and sanctimonious about pregnancy and birth as possible. I guess, like healing modalities, Rachel just likes to pick up things to be high and mighty about on a whim.

2. The episode description says something about "the media" being after her for her decisions? Is there coverage about her in Sweden for this or is she talking about social media?

3. "If you don’t want people commenting on your birth plan, stop bleeping talking about it." AMEN. But then I guess Rachel can't get paid for advertising rose quartz butt plugs and how would she make money to fund her very ancestral, provincial, agrarian lifestyle??

4. I'm so confused about why she's rewriting the narrative of Lea's birth. (I mean I know why she's doing it, but on a larger level, it's so confusing). When she's talked about Lea's birth before, she definitely described it as empowering, but now it was suddenly a trauma that this new baby is going to heal? (The guru-fication starts early- that is one consistency between her pregnancy with Lea and #2). And, in her earlier podcasts about Lea's birth, she described the decision to go to the hospital as her choice. She said that her birth hadn't been moving along quickly at home but, as soon as she got to the hospital, things started to move and she had Lea soon after. She's definitely talked about it was symbolic of how she had to "let go" and "receive support" in her motherhood journey, etc. (She also lead a teacher training when Lea was like 4 weeks old, but no, Rach was definitely feeling depleted because she wasn't eating meat.) It seems like everything has to be either Divinely Aligned or the Greatest Trauma Yet and nothing in between for her.

5. Agreeing with @QueenBW, the anti-vax "heartfelt announcement" is truly coming any day now, and the right wing conspiracy theories will follow soon after.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Rachel on (almost) free health care: "Nooo, get away from me, I hate the system! Don't fuckin touch me!!!"
Rachel on paid maternal leave: "oooh I just LOVE the system I'm in - give it to meeee"

OK, she has the right to receive both health care and paid maternal leave, but the greediness in this...
She admits that she visited a midwife JUST to be registered in the system to get paid maternal leave.

As far as I know there's no buzz about her in Sweden. Sure, she's might been in some interviews in parental magazines and on the "WORLD" premiere of a movie. But according to princess Rakel Sweden is sooo boring and nothing happens, the weather is crappy and the free health care can go to hell.

(I only skimmed through the transcript of the podcast episode, and this is what caught my attention.)

Rachel on (almost) free health care: "Nooo, get away from me, I hate the system! Don't fuckin touch me!!!"
Rachel on paid maternal leave: "oooh I just LOVE the system I'm in - give it to meeee"

OK, she has the right to receive both health care and paid maternal leave, but the greediness in this...
She admits that she visited a midwife JUST to be registered in the system to get paid maternal leave.

As far as I know there's no buzz about her in Sweden. Sure, she's might been in some interviews in parental magazines and on the "WORLD" premiere of a movie. But according to princess Rakel Sweden is sooo boring and nothing happens, the weather is crappy and the free health care can go to hell.

(I only skimmed through the transcript of the podcast episode, and this is what caught my attention.)
The “against the system/question everything/forced intervention /my body knows more than the system ” brouhaha followed up with “oh I get over 400 days of maternity leave, isn’t that great??” Is classic Rachel. This pod also had more ads than ever before, I thought.

Reactions: 4
I feel like in Rachel's case the maternity leave is a scam. Maternity leave is for people who actually work to receive money without having to do said work. What's she getting leave from? Posting her sun damaged face multiple times a day?

Reactions: 10
I feel like in Rachel's case the maternity leave is a scam. Maternity leave is for people who actually work to receive money without having to do said work. What's she getting leave from? Posting her sun damaged face multiple times a day?
Yess.. the idea is everyone pays tax and then receive these benefits. YogaGirl was registered in the USA for a long time also, wondered if she ever really paid in Sweden before she moved there. Its also sooo hypocrite. You either hate the system and DONT make use of it or you just shut up.

Reactions: 6
For real this rich ass woman gets paid for maternity leave!!??
You know she's the kind of person that would tax dodge if she is taking money from the government when she owns about 5 houses.
Urgh she's just a money driven miserable old shoe. If her job is just doing ads which she does all the time, without having the even stand up, why would she get more money? She has passive income from her 2 holiday inns. Isn't government money for people who aren't earning? Why would you even take that from the community.

So gross.

Reactions: 7
Yeah. I also don’t understand how she can get maternity leave in a country she has just moved to, been away from for over 10 years.

wonder how much she will scam for?

This is her content now, just documenting every whim, idea, tit, minute of her kid’s life, tone deaf nonsense, oozing with privilege. Five years ago it was about something beneficial and at least 50% less ego. How? Was she always just a toxic grifter?

Reactions: 7
Hello fellow yogagirl / Princess Rakel bothersome influenster truth see-ers!!
New here... Been reading through the thread and getting caught up.

I too was once a huge yogagirl fan. I even went to Aruba and ate the vegan desert in the restaurant that was created in her honour or some tit🤣 this was like 2016... I never did any of her courses or anything though thank god!

I unfollowed her in 2020, at the start of the pandemic when she used Lea as a pawn in her game and no doubt created huge contradictory trauma in that poor child. I think others have mentioned similar feelings in regards to that, to me it basically highlighted how hypocritical and dishonest she is ...and how she'll jump on anything for attention and exposure... there's a whole lot more I could say on that, but suffice to say that was when she showed me her true colours and I unfollowed immediately.

I hadn't really thought of her again since hearing of the recent vegan controversy...and I am not at all shocked by this, again it just shows how dishonest and hypocritical she is. She is a complete fraud, fake and phony!!! And I am so glad this thread exists so more light can be shone on this absolute joke of a social media star.

Loads more I wanna say but for now, absolutely loving the commentary and you've had me laughing out loud at points!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I am not able with her ‘eating wild game is so grounding and healthy’, with regard to eating moose that was killed by her brother in the forest across from her house. She just sounds so ignorant and ridiculous.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I am not able with her ‘eating wild game is so grounding and healthy’, with regard to eating moose that was killed by her brother in the forest across from her house. She just sounds so ignorant and ridiculous.
She’s literally so egotistical she believes that moose was born to give her sustenance. 🙄 Nothing sacred about it YG, your brother shot and killed a living thing and you ate its flesh. That’s it. She’s so insecure about being right, she can’t just eat food and let it be. She has to shove her diet in people’s face for the Gram To reinforce that it’s okay to eat animals now. If you wanna eat meat it eat, but that doesn’t mean other diet and cultural choices are invalid because she has insecurity.

Reactions: 8
Everything has to be sacred and divine intervention with her. Otherwise she would have to 1. take accountability for her choices (whereas now she's definitely like "the universe made me do it 🤷‍♀️") and 2. deal with her immorality and hypocriticality head on. Neither of which her ego will let her do.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.