Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think she grasps astrology. I don’t either, but I know that astrology is a guide, not an absolute. Reading birth charts can be insightful if you follow that, but any good astrologer will say “these are textbook not truths” or something lol, but nope Rachel is an astrologer and when she buys into something she has to completely muck it up.

Reactions: 3
Yeah, as someone with a fairly good grasp of traditional astrology (not pop astrology "all Gemini suns are chatty, all Scorpios will find $20 this week"), Rachel really doesn't know what she's talking about with astrology. (Or with anything.) I really hope she wasn't claiming her baby is a "Gemini moon 5th House" because, while she can guess where the moon might be when the kid is born, she definitely can't know house placement without a birth time. That should be chart reading 101. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Debra Silverman, who Rachel "learned" astrology from, was sort of a quack in the astrology world.

A lot of these influencer kids are going to grow up and realize that they were exploited online for millions to see and flip the script on their parents. Lots of kids like Lea are going to come forward with their version of events and it’s going to be really interesting to witness. Especially because Rachel (and tbf all influencers) curate what they’re willing to show sooo aggressively
I kinda hope Lea hits like 13 and just refuses to be in any of her mom's posts, marketing images, mentioned on the podcast, anything. Or even at 18. As much as I'd be cattily curious about Lea's side of the events, I think her deciding to not have any social media handles of her own and refusing to be present on her mom's would ultimately grind Rachel's gears the most.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, as someone with a fairly good grasp of traditional astrology (not pop astrology "all Gemini suns are chatty, all Scorpios will find $20 this week"), Rachel really doesn't know what she's talking about with astrology. (Or with anything.) I really hope she wasn't claiming her baby is a "Gemini moon 5th House" because, while she can guess where the moon might be when the kid is born, she definitely can't know house placement without a birth time. That should be chart reading 101. Although I wouldn't be surprised if Debra Silverman, who Rachel "learned" astrology from, was sort of a quack in the astrology world.

I kinda hope Lea hits like 13 and just refuses to be in any of her mom's posts, marketing images, mentioned on the podcast, anything. Or even at 18. As much as I'd be cattily curious about Lea's side of the events, I think her deciding to not have any social media handles of her own and refusing to be present on her mom's would ultimately grind Rachel's gears the most.
Alot of Rachel’s family members, they seem to not want to be on camera, sisters, brother, and even Dennis to an extent but with Lea she has the control to exploit her.

As well I’m not an astrology person, I don’t believe in horoscopes etc. I like to poke fun at how Rachel so fervently ascribes it to everything in life. I have read astrological personality attributes and see myself in probably all of them kinda thing, so I don’t take it absolute like Rachel. I definitely embellished her talk about the 5th house because that’s the way I hear it when she starts talking about cancer moons LOL

Reactions: 5
The funniest is when she talks about Dennis and says tit like “he’s a Leo (or whatever sign) and that’s why he feels this way, even though it’s wrong.” Lol I misquoted I know, but she’s definitely dismissed some of his behaviors to the stars. 🙄 And you can literally picture Dennis rolling his eyes and biting his tongue. She acts like they are on the same page, then has him on the pod and it is always the cringiest. It’s like going to dinner with a couple fighting, it’s an episode of The Office 😂 only Jan had a better grasp of reality.

I don’t mean this as cynically as it may sound, but did anyone else see the story of her kid kissing her belly? There’s nothing wrong with that of course, and it’s sweet, except clearly her child is watching herself in the phone very intensely. She’s more focused on how she looks kissing YG’s belly than actually sharing a sweet moment. It just, felt very forced and kinda weird. For someone who doesn’t want her kid to grow up with a phone in her face, well her kid is basically growing up with a phone in her face. 😬 She is already so aware, and intensely so, of the camera and how she looks and performing for it, kind of sad even a sweet moment like that is just for the Gram.

Reactions: 12
I don’t mean this as cynically as it may sound, but did anyone else see the story of her kid kissing her belly? There’s nothing wrong with that of course, and it’s sweet, except clearly her child is watching herself in the phone very intensely. She’s more focused on how she looks kissing YG’s belly than actually sharing a sweet moment. It just, felt very forced and kinda weird. For someone who doesn’t want her kid to grow up with a phone in her face, well her kid is basically growing up with a phone in her face. 😬 She is already so aware, and intensely so, of the camera and how she looks and performing for it, kind of sad even a sweet moment like that is just for the Gram.
Yeeeeep. Miss Spiritual Guide is not giving her kid a very good example of living in the moment.

I also feel like all those little moments are cute for family and friends, maybe, but perhaps don't share them with your 2 million followers?

Reactions: 5
Ahh of course her casual mention of her new jacket turned into an add 3 stories later. Yawn. Wonder how much she gets for each one.

Can't stand the baby voice she does, it's like she's talking down to everyone. Or trying to be cute? But it's not cute

Reactions: 6
What if her trip to the US was for fertiliy treatments, and she's actually being dishonest about how easily they got pregnant?

Reactions: 1
What if her trip to the US was for fertiliy treatments, and she's actually being dishonest about how easily they got pregnant?
Interesting theory...
I am pretty shure that she answered a q&a a few months ago, if they want another baby and her answers was something like, we are doing nothing against it, what happens happens, we will see. At this time I thought that she might having problems conceiving because that are exactly the phrases I used when someone asked me noisy questions, why I don't have kids and I don't want to answer: because I can't get pregnant.
We will never know, but if she didn't get pregnant at once, I find it really sad when she is lying about it because there is nothing to shame for.

Reactions: 1
The smile of a woman who doesn’t work, yet has three houses. When the hardest part of your day was going to the gym for yoga. 🤢 are we all so proud of her? “We can do hard things!”-Rachel’s wisdom
I take comfort in the fact that she's looking worse and worse (even early this year, so not shaming her pregnancy looks).

It's like everything nasty that she's done, all the lies, her meanness are coming out and making her look haggard, grey, and hard.

• Heart
I take comfort in the fact that she's looking worse and worse (even early this year, so not shaming her pregnancy looks).

It's like everything nasty that she's done, all the lies, her meanness are coming out and making her look haggard, grey, and hard.
My thoughts exactly. She looks so sickly in that screenshot posted above and her hairline looks like it's massively receding.

How big is this new house?!?! The last few stories she's posted it looks massive. Not only does this woman have FOUR houses now, but her fourth seems to be an unnecessarily massive farmhouse 🤮

Reactions: 2
My thoughts exactly. She looks so sickly in that screenshot posted above and her hairline looks like it's massively receding.

How big is this new house?!?! The last few stories she's posted it looks massive. Not only does this woman have FOUR houses now, but her fourth seems to be an unnecessarily massive farmhouse 🤮
She has more than four houses if you consider this new property consists of several buildings. The main farmhouse + stables + barns. Probably a smaller farm house or shed.

Reactions: 2
She has more than four houses if you consider this new property consists of several buildings. The main farmhouse + stables + barns. Probably a smaller farm house or shed.
LOL right on cue, she posts stories of ONE of their barns as well as a carpenter's workshop??? Am I missing something? Why on earth does she need a carpenter's workshop? Are we to believe Dennis is about to pick up a hammer and do some actual manual labor on his journey to becoming farm manager?!?

It's easy to laugh and poke fun, but honestly all of this is so disgusting and braggadocious. She should be ashamed, but instead she's baby-talking and laugh-smiling about all of her privilege and money

Reactions: 4
Adult's baby-talking to other adults is my #1 pet peeve in life!! It's just so creepy and weird, like are you trying to infantilize me or yourself?? She's been using baby-talk on social media and the podcasts for ages though- interestingly, I feel like she more often lapses into baby-talk when she's saying something to the camera that she knows won't reflect well on her. (Like, for example, I remember when she published her second book and it didn't become a NYT best-seller like her first, she went on Instagram and was like *in her normal voice*, "I'm honestly feeling really sad and frustrated this morning, I know it's a silly thing to be upset about but..." *switches to her baby voice* "I was really hoping that To Love and Let Go would become a NYT best-seller like my first book." *cue weird giggles*)

I'm not even surprised that she's taking on a massive new home and a barn and a carpenter's workshop as if she's going to 1) be renovating and consistently using all of those buildings herself, and 2) as if she's going to just "intuitively" know how to raise cows and goats and chickens and manage a whole farm.

The new house has two living rooms. One downstairs and one upstairs. I know many houses have a living room and like a family room or den somewhere else but she just seems to be bragging about this tit.

• Sick
LOL right on cue, she posts stories of ONE of their barns as well as a carpenter's workshop??? Am I missing something? Why on earth does she need a carpenter's workshop? Are we to believe Dennis is about to pick up a hammer and do some actual manual labor on his journey to becoming farm manager?!?

It's easy to laugh and poke fun, but honestly all of this is so disgusting and braggadocious. She should be ashamed, but instead she's baby-talking and laugh-smiling about all of her privilege and money
Yeah, exactly. Where is her self-awareness with all this bragging?! I swear she had at least a little more of it a few years ago. She is lost 🙁

My Nonna is basically rolling in her grave that I even had to be exposed to this crime against tomatoes.

Farmer Rachel, freezing tomatoes. SO ancestral.

My Nonna wouldn't even put them in the fridge,it really changes their taste and texture. Much less freeze them. Crikey. If you must, then make the sauce and freeze the sauce.

Attachments

Reactions: 7

And chunky, she is quite wide in her backside. And this was before pregnancy. She never lost her extra weight from her 1st pregnancy, if she doesn't lose it this time again, she will really be bloated.

My Nonna is basically rolling in her grave that I even had to be exposed to this crime against tomatoes.

Farmer Rachel, freezing tomatoes. SO ancestral.

My Nonna wouldn't even put them in the fridge,it really changes their taste and texture. Much less freeze them. Crikey. If you must, then make the sauce and freeze the sauce.
My Italian grandmother and my mother years ago would take all the tomatoes from the garden and make fresh tomato sauce and can it in Bell jars..Freeze tomatoes? That is not a vegetable that would freeze well at all, sauce freezes fine but not whole tomatoes. She knows nothing about cooking or food prep.

Last edited:
I'm so confused by her. It's like she woke up and decided to be a completely different person. She had a wonderful life in Aruba before! Why is she doing this??

It's okay to change what we want, of course, but to force those expectations on your loved ones is so bizarre. Has she ever stopped to consider that everyone else around her might have their own "truth" as well–that the world doesn't revolve around her?

Also, total aside, but I saw her post something in her comments about how "this baby wanted me to make the vegan announcement so I could nourish him." Like WHAT?? You're blaming your recent controversy on YOUR UNBORN BABY????

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.