Yoga Girl Rachel Brathen #3 Conversations from the Ego

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just accidentally clicked on her Q&A from 4 weeks ago.

Not sure I want to listen to a podcast about gardening/homesteading. But she did say she was changing her user name.

But I guess I listen to her yoga girl podcast and she doesn’t talk about yoga.

She is kind of car crash entertainment for me. I used to get annoyed about all the plant friend, tea ceremony & mocha posts but now just scoff at her privilege. She is a caricature, nothing authentic about her.

how much $ did she raise through her gofundme etc campaigns? And is there any transparency as to where these funds were allocated?
Car crash entertainment 🤣

Reactions: 1
Thank you @bffr for the recap! You're the real MVP.

Not at all surprised she's acting like she's the first human to ever give birth.

She sounds unhinged. Verging on the ideology spouted by the creepy conservative anti vaxx movement.

Why wouldn't you want your baby to have the best possible care with all the technology? It might not be ancestral but you know what else isn't ancestral Rachel? Having four homes. Driving a car. Oversharing.

Lea sounds really lonely in Sweden and she obviously, despite being the smartest kid in the world, doesn't understand that the baby sibling will a) not be a playmate for ages so for her probably never b) will have a 6 year age difference with her so it will actually be more annoying to her than actually fun. Imagine being 14 and having an 8 year old sibling. C) she won't be the star of the show anymore. There'll be someone newer, cuter for a few years.

i predict lots and lots of stories about meltdowns interspersed with contradictory stories about what a magical bond they have and how Lea is the best sister the world has ever seen.

Reactions: 6
According to the her, ALL the contractors showed up at the same time. Well, obviously you scheduled them that way, they didn't just show up out of the blue. All the while laughing like a fool.

Reactions: 3
Rachel claiming she's going to freebirth yet simultaneously getting herself an early ultrasound out of anxiety is EXACTLY her brand these days. Like to a T. She's putting out the façade of doing things the "natural" way with zero interventions, guidance, or help from anyone trained, purely for the aesthetic and the attention, while behind the scenes utilizing her vast power and privilege to still take advantage of modern day utilities so that she doesn't actually have to deal with any of the negatives of the "wild, ancestral" lifestyle she's proselytizing.

I'm all for homebirth when it's informed and properly managed, i.e. with a trained midwife at least. (And midwifery is about as "ancient" a profession as they come, so Rachel wouldn't have even needed to do much back bending to make that fit.) I feel the same about hospital birth- I'm all for it, when it's informed and properly managed by nurses and doctors. I cannot stand when people get up on their high horses about how they're choosing to be pregnant and give birth.

I know in the US Rachel would have had to pay out the wazoo for an early ultrasound, but it might not be the case in Sweden or Aruba. Anyone else more familiar with the healthcare set up in either?
In Sweden you normally get one ultrasound between weeks 18-20. In some districts it is possible to get one earlier in week 12-13.

According to the her, ALL the contractors showed up at the same time. Well, obviously you scheduled them that way, they didn't just show up out of the blue. All the while laughing like a fool.
Can't wait to see her spend tons of #ad money to make this new place look and feel 'ancestral' (no doubt decked out from top to floor with the highest-end everything).

Some podcast cliffs

- Lea went row by row on the flight to aruba to tell every single person on the plane that HER MOMMY HAS A BABY IN HER BELLY. The way Rachel is telling this “journey”, you would think she’s the only person to have ever conceived in the history of humanity

@bffr, your recaps are marvelous. I want to get martinis with you and tit-talk every single person I know. This particular bit had me hooting because there is NOTHING I hate more than being accosted by children in public, except for being accosted while trapped and unable to move! Why is it so impossible for Rachel to respect that not everyone thinks her little moon is a perfect shaman source of joy and enlightenment?!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@bffr, your recaps are marvelous. I want to get martinis with you and tit-talk every single person I know. This particular bit had me hooting because there is NOTHING I hate more than being accosted by children in public, except for being accosted while trapped and unable to move! Why is it so impossible for Rachel to respect that not everyone thinks her little moon is a perfect shaman source of joy and enlightenment?!
Just tell me when and where “my darling” (Rachel voice)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
THIS WOMAN IS 34. The crows feet to this depth is abnormal! This is like what it’s suppose to be at 40 I feel like.
On another note: remember when she didn’t wear sunscreen in Aruba and shrugged it off because “she’s a local!”, and fried like chicken. Can you imagine thinking because you moved to a tropical island you all the sudden are evolved enough to not wear sunscreen and you’re naturalized???

I concur. 🤣🤣 bffr has a comedic gift for this stuff.

Oh god, here we go. She wants a “Wild Pregnancy” with minimal medical care. Even though she has already panicked and got an ultrasound. You know this woman has images of herself naked in the woods, squatting by a tree trunk and having a perfectly healthy baby. Who’s already “an introvert” BTW.I think I’m going to have to check out on this tit.
She’s copying Olivia’s whole birth in the bathtub at home vibe now. She will probably make jewelry out of her placenta.

Remember the ancestral women who gave birth by candlelight with no electricity, no modern medicine, sparse cleanliness/sterile environment— hoping they wouldn’t die because childbirth was inherently dangerous business back then… yeah good times Rachel thinks? Maybe she will give birth in the hay barn with the cows.

Attachments

Last edited:
So a few weeks ago she makes a big to do about gender norms, now she’s sure she’s having a boy and somehow it’s an introvert and blah blah blah. Maybe don’t gender your baby before you know, lol I don’t mind it, but her high horse must be tired.

@bffr nooooooo lol we need your hilarious recaps!

Did she seriously say she panicked and got an ultrasound? Seriously wtf is her problem with completely safe checkups to ensure a baby is okay.

This whole ancestral return to ignorance is disrespectful. People passing on healthcare our ancestors would have appreciated. Lifesaving preventions that science offers and assistance in a baby’s development if it is needed. I’m all for returning to nature and limiting chemical toxins, eating right, movement, etc. but this is reckless and not in a “beautiful wild way,” in a stupid way.

She’s also a hypocrite though, so this could be part of her facade meanwhile receiving the best preventative care out there.
I was thinking that.. life expentancy for a baby and for a woman is lowest during birth because its so risky. How many women in developing countries die in birth or have their babies die. Rates that are so much lower in developed countries. Also, in general why dismiss “development” altogether, ur ancestors also tried new techniques and medicine, why is it a bad thing.

Also like a year ago Dennis said he really didnt want farm animals and wanted the freedom of travelling but now its “their” dream together coming true?

Last edited:
I think her idea of living in a farm and having animals is just having them there in her property but taken care by somebody else. She will then play with the animals, pretend she is tending to the land, post stories and selfies but that's it. Managing a farm is insanely hard work which we know she isnt capable of doing. Add to that a newborn and a toddler and I dont know how she is going to wake up at the crack of dawn to milk the cows, give them food, then it's not like you can drink the cow milk directly (well you can but she is so afraid of bacteria that we know she wont do that) so the milk has to be boiled several times, preserved properly, etc.

I think her idea of living in a farm and having animals is just having them there in her property but taken care by somebody else. She will then play with the animals, pretend she is tending to the land, post stories and selfies but that's it. Managing a farm is insanely hard work which we know she isnt capable of doing. Add to that a newborn and a toddler and I dont know how she is going to wake up at the crack of dawn to milk the cows, give them food, then it's not like you can drink the cow milk directly (well you can but she is so afraid of bacteria that we know she wont do that) so the milk has to be boiled several times, preserved properly, etc.
I already assume it'll fall to Dennis and her brother to do most of the proper farm work (which is exactly why Dennis continually said he didn't want a farm/cattle)

I'm sure they'll hire people. It's not like Dennis knows a single thing about farming or cattle.

Didn't someone say she actually had a gardener back in Aruba, while pretending she planted everything herself or something? Maybe it was just a rumor. But in any case, she never does anything really fully herself.

She wants the aesthetics of living in a farm. Cottagecore meets Hygga meets Mix of New Age Stuff.

Reactions: 8
I'm sure they'll hire people. It's not like Dennis knows a single thing about farming or cattle.

Didn't someone say she actually had a gardener back in Aruba, while pretending she planted everything herself or something? Maybe it was just a rumor. But in any case, she never does anything really fully herself.

She wants the aesthetics of living in a farm. Cottagecore meets Hygga meets Mix of New Age Stuff.
Yes, she spoke once or twice about hiring someone in Aruba to help her set up and maintain her garden. Given her history of lying, I bet you're right and that person was the one actively maintaining her garden, save for the handful of moments Rachel needed to film for an IG story.

You nailed it - she is obsessed with the AESTHETIC of everything (yoga, tea, homesteading/ancestral living) but not the actuality of it. 🤮

I lowkey feel bad for Rachel sometimes bc at one point in her life (presumably early/mid 20s) she did seem like a somewhat anchored person who at least knew who she was, what she wanted and had some sense of conviction (albeit probably still sneaky and obviously privileged) BUT NOW she just seems sooo volatile and unhinged. It’s obvious she’s desperate to reinvent herself, but also had absolutely NO idea who she even is anymore

Reactions: 5
Oh I think she will drink the milk raw. Keep it ancestral and stuff. Not like listeria or anything exist but raw milk is a huge trend 🙄 defo wouldn’t recommend though!!

I lowkey feel bad for Rachel sometimes bc at one point in her life (presumably early/mid 20s) she did seem like a somewhat anchored person who at least knew who she was, what she wanted and had some sense of conviction
I agree with you in that I feel sorry for old Rachel, when I listened to that 2018 podcast driving home over break it was like “oh girl you’re about to become all these things you hate.” But then I can’t feel bad because she is toxic and spreads her brand via drama and misinformation.

It’s insane she says “our dream farm.” Literally the last couple podcast was bickering about how he didn’t even want a cow. Her current garden had hired help too, she didn’t say this, but she had literally dozens of kinds of veggies there, and they all flourished and there is no way she did all of that. She just reaps the harvest. I have a friend who owns a farm (it’s a rescue so I guess it’s a bad farm and not ancestral 😂 since the animals will die naturally), she wakes up at 5AM and legit is outside till sunset most days. She has two kids as well and it is tiring work. Just caring for animals, not even full on gardening, which her husband does. Rachel is so lazy, and so sensitive to the idea of responsibility beyond her kids, that she will never.

I wonder how Dennis feels. He thought he was marrying this world traveler, hustle and go girl who wanted to be of service. Now he’s a “farmer” with a wife who can’t stand to leave her house and if you utter anything she disagrees with, she’ll do a podcast about it. She also historically has proclaimed she will do things that he ends up doing. 😨 What a nightmare.

I wonder how Dennis feels. He thought he was marrying this world traveler, hustle and go girl who wanted to be of service. Now he’s a “farmer” with a wife who can’t stand to leave her house and if you utter anything she disagrees with, she’ll do a podcast about it. She also historically has proclaimed she will do things that he ends up doing. 😨 What a nightmare.
Lmao right? he thought he was just getting big tits on a paddle board RIP

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I read the transcript of her podcast. God I hate when she uses the word “nourish”, I’m “nourishing 😚” the baby different this time, but all I can seem to eat is fruit! Go figure since I started eating ancestral.”

please just stfu.The fact that she talks about her early pregnancy as like “HE has a personality! He is a little soul. he knows me. He’s an introvert! He’s a Gemini moon 5th house in the Sirius constellation 🥹.”
🫤😵💫

I can’t stand her.

Anyone else really think Lea told her she was “so PROUD of Rachel for getting pregnant and said thank you?” I feel like this is a guru Lea embellishment.

Reactions: 2
A lot of these influencer kids are going to grow up and realize that they were exploited online for millions to see and flip the script on their parents. Lots of kids like Lea are going to come forward with their version of events and it’s going to be really interesting to witness. Especially because Rachel (and tbf all influencers) curate what they’re willing to show sooo aggressively

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.