Yankee in the South #2 Do you see that, Dawn?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is my first time commenting on tattle. So, hi, everyone!

I’ve only watched FRE’s videos about YITS but I was really disturbed by what I saw. I have a BS in special education and I’ve volunteered with adults with disabilities. Dawn’s behavior and mannerisms remind me of those of an adult with a mild intellectual disability and/or processing disorder(s). At times it seems like she doesn’t read social cues very well, like the Christmas livestream where she was just reading names from the chat without seeming to know how to interact with anyone meaningfully. There also seems to be a delay between when she eats something novel (spicy, sweet, different from what she expected) and her reaction to it.

I know it’s pointless to try to diagnose someone from watching their YouTube channel, but my heart just kind of goes out to Dawn. Will seems like a controlling person that doesn’t have her best interests in mind. People with disabilities are especially vulnerable to abuse. I hope that I’m just reading too much into things. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 14
From what I remember they said she worked for Dollywood's cabin rentals. I don't think she cleaned. As an "inspector", basically all she would need to do is go into the cabins with a clipboard after they were cleaned and checkoff that everything is clean, stocked, and in order for the next guests to arrive.
Just catching up here so maybe someone else has already clarified but I recently saw a video where they were talking about the fires and they specifically said that she was working at the Dollywood Dreammore resort until 10 PM that night.

Reactions: 3
This is my first time commenting on tattle. So, hi, everyone!

I’ve only watched FRE’s videos about YITS but I was really disturbed by what I saw. I have a BS in special education and I’ve volunteered with adults with disabilities. Dawn’s behavior and mannerisms remind me of those of an adult with a mild intellectual disability and/or processing disorder(s). At times it seems like she doesn’t read social cues very well, like the Christmas livestream where she was just reading names from the chat without seeming to know how to interact with anyone meaningfully. There also seems to be a delay between when she eats something novel (spicy, sweet, different from what she expected) and her reaction to it.

I know it’s pointless to try to diagnose someone from watching their YouTube channel, but my heart just kind of goes out to Dawn. Will seems like a controlling person that doesn’t have her best interests in mind. People with disabilities are especially vulnerable to abuse. I hope that I’m just reading too much into things. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Many of us view Dawn the same way. There's no way anyone can convince me that she's neruotypical. It makes Will even more of an asshat for how he treats her.

Reactions: 12
Just catching up here so maybe someone else has already clarified but I recently saw a video where they were talking about the fires and they specifically said that she was working at the Dollywood Dreammore resort until 10 PM that night.
So I wonder why she’s not working there now was she let go or did he convince her that she didn’t need to work anymore because they were making enough grifting

Reactions: 4
Thanksgiving and up coming channel vlogs - YouTube

OMG! One of their earlier videos. Dawn looks scared to death during the ride but then comes alive at the house. Denise is asking if Will has to film everything at the 4:38 mark. Dawn sounds fine when just interacting with family and not talking to a camera.

Watching more from 2018 and she is more "with it", engaging and responsive than she is now. Is he giving her roofies or something?
Their old videos were so much better before he fell in love with his own voice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I just watched their Cheesecake Factory video…

Sir. SIR. I can assure you that Cheesecake Factory does not know who you are and would not bring in a specific chef just to cook your meal if they did.

I have some relatives that are exactly like Will. Weirdly inflated view of themselves, thinking they’re a leg up on everyone around them. Thankfully, my relatives aren’t on YouTube though…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I just watched their Cheesecake Factory video…

Sir. SIR. I can assure you that Cheesecake Factory does not know who you are and would not bring in a specific chef just to cook your meal if they did.

I have some relatives that are exactly like Will. Weirdly inflated view of themselves, thinking they’re a leg up on everyone around them. Thankfully, my relatives aren’t on YouTube though…
The way his eyes dart around the room to see who is watching them and if the "chef" is paying attention to their reactions. The whispering to the camera. The secret hush hush of it all to maintain a low profile...... :ROFLMAO:
Will, in some ways I hope you maintain your stupid, imbecile ways. It cracks me up that you actually act like this!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Watching more from 2018 and she is more "with it", engaging and responsive than she is now. Is he giving her roofies or something?
Their old videos were so much better before he fell in love with his own voice.
My husband says that ALL the time. That Will gives her "extra" med doses for videos, but for some reason on the live streams, she is a little more animated because her med dose has worn off for the day.

My favorite part of the live streams is when she talks over him or does the gesture with her hand that he is just blabbing on and on.

I also enjoy when she straight out says "NO" when he is saying something false.

Again, these things only happen on the live stream because he can edit/control her less.

Just what kind of message does this say about your channel??? Thank you @Firefly03-K64 for the vlog suggestion 🙃
Hahahaha - I forgot about that. That is like retro!

Edit to add: I feel like this was Will's copying of Jacob the Carpetbagger "possum" logo. Anyone remember when Will and Dawn were chasing Jacob around town when Jacob was filming - even hiding in a cemetery? (I believe it was a live stream they were trying to track him down).

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Edit to add: I feel like this was Will's copying of Jacob the Carpetbagger "possum" logo. Anyone remember when Will and Dawn were chasing Jacob around town when Jacob was filming - even hiding in a cemetery? (I believe it was a live stream they were trying to track him down).
It is at the end of The Melting Pot video from 2 years ago.

Reactions: 2

That's scary. LOL

Reactions: 2
We are beating a dead horse. This clip is getting repetitive as I think you all know. We all know will is going to repeat his scam week after week.

Reactions: 3
I believe it may have been someone out here that was suggesting heart attack grill for a video. There may or may not be one uploaded if you haven’t seen it. :)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.