Xameliax #6 Pants, plants and lack of vision. Just blame it on the algorithm

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who ? And how do you know that ?
She’s a journalist who is in recovery from an eating disorder, and now runs a body confidence insta alongside her writing. She has 2.1m followers so is pretty successful!! She does a thing called “no filter” where she encourages people to stop using face smoothing filters. If you put your hand over your face when you apply the filter on insta stories, you can see it switch between your real face and the filter. Amelia has posted a story like that 2 or 3 times now and keeps tagging Danae - I assume she’s hoping for a repost. Lolz.

Pouring wax into orange skins. What will she think of next, I’m in the edge of my seat!
Pretty sure I did this in year 5 😂

Reactions: 4
She’s a journalist who is in recovery from an eating disorder, and now runs a body confidence insta alongside her writing. She has 2.1m followers so is pretty successful!! She does a thing called “no filter” where she encourages people to stop using face smoothing filters. If you put your hand over your face when you apply the filter on insta stories, you can see it switch between your real face and the filter. Amelia has posted a story like that 2 or 3 times now and keeps tagging Danae - I assume she’s hoping for a repost. Lolz.

Pretty sure I did this in year 5 😂
Ah I see what you mean now. Thanks for answering

Reactions: 2
I had literally no idea what that story was about so thanks for explaining! I just thought she was being weird as per, but apparently she was being weird and attention seeking!

Enough with the oranges already! Chocolate orange mug cake, orange candles, chocolate orange cupcakes, orange slices on the door wreath...

Are oranges a Christmassy thing in the UK? I'm in the US.

Reactions: 3
Enough with the oranges already! Chocolate orange mug cake, orange candles, chocolate orange cupcakes, orange slices on the door wreath...

Not really! I think Amelia is just trying to MAKE it a thing! 😂🙄

I think traditionally clementines are a Christmas thing. I have bought a wreath from my local florist and it has orange slices on it. And it was the case that you often got a tangerine or clementine in your stocking

Reactions: 1
I think there is a bit of a historical association between oranges and christmas in the UK - we always got an orange in our stocking growing up (usually a chocolate orange too) but I think it dates back to when oranges would have been a luxury item so would have been a real treat to find one in your stocking.

She definitely has overdone it though 🤣

How many times has she quit / taken a break from YT now....

For someone who seems quite Covid-nervous I’m very surprised she wants to go to the gym. Or maybe she’s just saying it for the sake of something to post and appearing reLAtAbLe

For someone who seems quite Covid-nervous I’m very surprised she wants to go to the gym. Or maybe she’s just saying it for the sake of something to post and appearing reLAtAbLe
100% this. She’s a 32 year old woman, if she doesn’t want to go to the gym then she doesn’t have it. No one cares.

yes they are more of a Europe thing. My friend had seen some thing online about making a garland from sliced oranges for Christmas. So she sliced them up and tied them up to dry because it said you don’t have to bother doing it in the oven. Problem is we live in a hot place so it became a magnet for fruit flies lol

• Haha

Also Christingle is a thing in Europe - when you stud an orange with cloves

Anyone watched her latest vlog? Lucky Secret Santa, a homemade candle and a book Amelia has already read!!!!

The curly girl method is for people who actually have curly hair, not for people who have straight hair but curl it and the curls ‘hold well’
Good god.

Reactions: 6
I hate how she tries to make herself sound so charitable all the time... VIP OAPS, second hand books and the Christmas tree thing. Surely the person donating the funds is the one doing the good deed not Amelia who has got a tree in exchange for money:rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
The curly girl method is for people who actually have curly hair, not for people who have straight hair but curl it and the curls ‘hold well’
Good god.
I bet the thing about having tight ringlets as a child is utter bullshit. As let's be honest - we'd see a picture. She probably had baby curls at most.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.