Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Teafairy

Oh what has she said ? I’ve not seen anything on insta about her wedding being this year ? In like.. the next 5 months?!?
YouTube vlog she said they want to get married this December because ‘if not for covid they would be married now anyway’ Not solid logic when Chris has only just proposed.

But what gets me is she’s been tagging #scotlandbeachwedding so I hope her plans have changed or the whole wedding party are getting hypothermia!

• Haha
Reactions: 9

gigi_93

VIP Member
She’s so full of fucking shit. Imagine being about 35 or whatever she is (I always think of her as being at least 40) and obsessed with your period. The rest of us got over that while we were still in school

• Haha

Stan

Chatty Member
The thing with Amelia - and many another influencer who don’t have a full time job - is that what she does with her work day - make a pasty, write down the recipe and take a few pics, build your sofa and instagram it, do a face mask and tell people about it, get an advent calendar and tell people about it, is what every normal working person does with their time off.
These influencers claim it’s hard work to test products and then post a small Instagram caption about it.. but normal people do this all the time! Maybe their photos aren’t as glossy, which is why they don’t have so many followers - or even just don’t want to be public and so have a private account - but it is exactly the same! I’ve bought things and posted them on insta! AND they’re basically just doing word of mouth on a large scale - businesses have been growing by people telling each other about them for years and years! It’s nothing new. And certainly nothing that constitutes hard work. Which is why moaning about it is the worst. If you put yourself out there on insta to have a glamorous job and free stuff all the time, you have to accept the rough with the smooth. It’s why so many people don’t do it.

Oh! And the guff about how getting free stuff is doing is a favour because we might find new stuff we like is rubbish! If we don’t find stuff through you then there’s always someone else who might mention it! Or y’know.. Google!!! “Influencer” is the biggest con of a marketing strategy I’ve ever seen.

Last edited:

Chunk

More women are having children later in life than ever before. For Amelia to say "it's all downhill after you turn 30" shows how out of touch she is.

I had my child at 36. My coworker had her 2 kids at 40 and 42. When I went to my gynecologist at 35 and mentioned I was trying to get pregnant, she didn't even bat an eye and told me they like people to try to conceive for 1 year before they begin to look into infertility issues.

For her to push these infertility tests on 30 year old women is so disingenuous and shady. Anything for a buck, I guess.

We all know Amelia jumps on the next trend and sends emails out to companies (I highly doubt any company is contacting her first) to try and land jobs any way she can. I can't stand the way she plays it off as everyone reaching out to her first.

I also can't stand how she acts like a period expert now because she read one book on the subject. Ugh.

Last edited:
Asking herself questions about that ‘book’ it’s so embarrassing. She really does believe she’s amazing doesn’t she.

• Haha

Deirdre_barlow

She’s clearly trying to emulate this Jess Megan girl now too with the language she’s using in her stories and captions.

What was she like at school?! ☕

I think I’ve said it before, she used to come across so well and relatable when she was with Joe, her face was still her own, and she had a job and a life other than this. Her vlogs were good and she posted normal late 20s stuff. Since she split with Joe - quite rightly ! - she’s gone through a massive identity crisis. It feels like she’s trying on loads of different personalities and identities, and she should just go back to being a normal 30 year old
Honestly she wasn’t very pleasant. Really judgemental and looked down her nose at everyone. She lost most of her friends by the time we left school because of her behaviour. Similar to now really. She has a superiority complex I think. Makes me laugh that she used to fat shame a lot of people at school and now thinks she is some kind of voice for body positivity! I get that people change but from what can see I don’t think she has. Just a great big fake!

bubble_T

The whole engagement/wedding thing feels really odd, like there's no real feelings towards it, she may have been crying in that vlog but it felt forced and fake, like it's just a business arrangement or something? Can't put my finger on it but they don't seem madly in love or like a newly engaged couple planning their wedding and why does everything have to be done quickly and slap dash, it was the same with the house decorating?

anyone else get the feeling she’s trying to get pregnant and is after freebies from companies? I think as soon as we find out she’s pregnant I’m going to have to unfollow her, as a 31 year old single woman without children I do not think I could take it!

Patmullins1

Chatty Member
What a day of content it’s been! Amelia fucking about alone in her back garden taking selfies and posting them with mildly patronising captions. Oh and making sure we’re all unsubtly reminded AGAIN about her engagement ring, hot tub and fancy tumblers. Great.

oh and she’s def had those trout lips done again.

• Haha
I don’t even follow her anymore I just check here sometimes to see if she’s got a job yet
😆😆😆
But I hate to break it to you, she will never get a job! Ever!

She frustrates me to the core when she tries to garner sympathy for not seeing anyone other than Chris for 3 months..

A. Some people would have loved the LUXURY of keeping safe and away from people for 3 months, but didn't have the choice! so, please amelia (cos we all know you're reading) appreciate how lucky you've been! If you were someone who is considered vulnerable then I would absolutely back you but you're not and you could have volunteered somewhere during this shit storm but as usual you chose to do NOTHING!

B. There's people out there who have been GENUINELY ALONE so please bore off.

C. All that coupled with the "I'm allowed to feel down" shit Is the reason people are turning away from you, appreciate you've been one of the lucky ones, you don't need anyones sympathy. You even managed to buy a house during it all !!!!

Soap

her Instagram following hasn’t gone up in forever either.
Makes up a story about being ashamed about sweating at badminton and then attempts to sell her book with a discount code….I guarantee less than 20 people have bought it and 10 of them are probably family and friend(s)

• Haha

Chunk

I found this page on her website for the book:

She really must not have any shame. She has tacked on an additional sentence to a classic quote and is attributing it to herself. Cringe:
20210618_132927.jpg
20210618_132954.jpg

She appears to be charging £17.99 to buy through her website. I guess she won't list it on Amazon because she can't control the negative reviews!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow

Teafairy

Lol she attacked me when I told her maybe she needs to look at getting another job if she's burnt out like most people do.
Her response to you speaks volumes to me. The fact that she needs to justify everything she’s got on in list just evidences the making excuses. Adults don’t need to justify taking time for themselves. I wouldn’t ask a colleague why they were taking a week off? I can see them working hard, I know it’s deserved. She talks about all these plates she’s spinning but actually she’s fabricated the plates they’re in her head and on some level she knows this that why she feels the need to reiterate the presence of all the ‘plates’.

I actually think her perceived burnout is more likely depression. She is in a failed business, a relationship that seems more like a companionship than love. She doesn’t want to loose face admitting either of these things when she makes her life so public so actually she’s just forcing everything and it is painful to watch.

Kittkatt

Declaring her vlog is slow, they always are!! She frustrates me so much because she seems to be good at a lot of things. The hats she made the other year were lovely, she’s really good at nail art, her baking looks good why doesn’t she pursue one of these things? She could do nail art tutorials and focus on that, or do crafting videos, even bloody gaming videos!

The fact that she has no niche and wastes her time doing fuck all other than telling us off and telling us not to be embarrassed of our periods annoys me SO MUCH!

The only conclusion I can make is that we are all right in saying she’s lazy. She doesn’t want to work full time and have a flurry of nail clients nor does she want to have to fulfil orders. What a waste

You're right, she could be successful....if she could be bothered!

Good nail techs earn decent money and will always have loyal clients, she could open her own nail bar or even just rent a space and continue with a nail based YouTube, watch me work from other nail techs get loads of views (more than she gets) she could be really successful at it, which is something to be proud of, but I honestly believe that she just cant be bothered!
Doesnt want to get up before midday, doesnt want to have clients depending on her, because she knows how intrinsically lazy she is and knows full well she would let them down.
She can make her excuses all her life but she IS lazy.