Wrestling thread. WWE AEW NJPW

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy new year everyone

We watched dynamite last night, it was a really fitting tribute. Cried a few times.

Fave match was Hangman Silver and Reynolds Vs MJF Santana and Ortiz.

I'm hoping to get this thread more active so I have some questions for you all

1st watching wrestling memory

1st live show you've been to

Last live show you've been to

Reactions: 1
I was a massive wrestling fan as a child, I loved it so much. As I grew up and didn’t have access to it I lost touch of it and didn’t get back into it. Now I’m going back and watching old episodes of Raw and Wrestlemania from 97 onwards and it’s just reigniting my absolute love for it. I’ve been watching the Dark Side of The Ring episodes too, they’ve been really good!

How have I only just seen this thread! Been a wrestling fan since I was about 9 but these days I fall in and out of it. I watch mainly AEW and some WWE. Used to be a big TNA fan too. I haven’t watched Dynamite or Raw/Smackdown/nxt for a while now but I sort of keep track of things through social media. I usually start getting back into it in the run up to Wrestlemania but I’m just not feeling it yet. My username is based on that iconic Chris Jericho moment “oooo, a little bit of the bubbly”🤣

So sad about Brodie Lee. Had no idea he was so poorly.

Heard Becky Lynch gave birth recently. Good for her and Seth, that kids gonna have some impressive genes.

Love the dark side of the ring series. So fascinating. They are apparently branching out and doing a dark side series about American football.

Favourite all time wrestler is The Undertaker and he has been my fav since I started watching. I like other wrestlers but Undertaker has always been my number 1, I just think he’s great as a character, the man just has something about him. Anyone else playing that character might have lasted 5 years max. He’s kept it relatively fresh for going on 30 years.

First wrestling show I went to was in 2014, the TNA Maximum Impact tour. Our show in Birmingham was a taping for the jokers wild 2 ppv and honestly it was so fun. Seeing Earl Hebner body slam Rockstar Spud (drake maverick) was a highlight!

Saw wwe live I think in 2016/17. Can’t remember which. That was great too, really cool atmosphere.

Absolutely love how far women’s wrestling has come since I first started watching. They are no longer there just to support the men and be eye candy. Still not perfect but it’s so much better than it was when I started watching.

Does anyone remember a few months ago loads of male wrestlers were accused of rape/sexual assault? Honestly I wasn’t shocked at all, the wrestling business is quite seedy still, lots of blurred lines between young trainee wrestlers and coaches. Certainly not an industry i’d encourage my daughters to go into. Especially in the British scene there seems to be absolutely zero safeguarding and coaches thinks it’s appropriate to get their (often barely legal)students drunk and try and sleep with them. I do hope something changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
How have I only just seen this thread! Been a wrestling fan since I was about 9 but these days I fall in and out of it. I watch mainly AEW and some WWE. Used to be a big TNA fan too. I haven’t watched Dynamite or Raw/Smackdown/nxt for a while now but I sort of keep track of things through social media. I usually start getting back into it in the run up to Wrestlemania but I’m just not feeling it yet. My username is based on that iconic Chris Jericho moment “oooo, a little bit of the bubbly”🤣

Heard Becky Lynch gave birth recently. Good for her and Seth, that kids gonna have some impressive genes.

Love the dark side of the ring series. So fascinating. They are apparently branching out and doing a dark side series about American football.

Favourite all time wrestler is The Undertaker and he has been my fav since I started watching. I like other wrestlers but Undertaker has always been my number 1, I just think he’s great as a character, the man just has something about him. Anyone else playing that character might have lasted 5 years max. He’s kept it relatively fresh for going on 30 years.

First wrestling show I went to was in 2014, the TNA Maximum Impact tour. Our show in Birmingham was a taping for the jokers wild 2 ppv and honestly it was so fun. Seeing Earl Hebner body slam Rockstar Spud (drake maverick) was a highlight!

Saw wwe live I think in 2016/17. Can’t remember which. That was great too, really cool atmosphere.

Absolutely love how far women’s wrestling has come since I first started watching. They are no longer there just to support the men and be eye candy. Still not perfect but it’s so much better than it was when I started watching.

Does anyone remember a few months ago loads of male wrestlers were accused of rape/sexual assault? Honestly I wasn’t shocked at all, the wrestling business is quite seedy still, lots of blurred lines between young trainee wrestlers and coaches. Certainly not an industry i’d encourage my daughters to go into. Especially in the British scene there seems to be absolutely zero safeguarding and coaches thinks it’s appropriate to get their (often barely legal)students drunk and try and sleep with them. I do hope something changes.
Hello!
Welcome! Your username always makes me smile when I see you about!

I know a few people involved in the UK scene and a couple of girls I know did share some things. Some horrifying. Just being at shows as a girl I have witnessed some seedy tit. Even just from other fans. I have also been at the hotels when some WWE and TNA came to the UK and definitely noticed some wrong uns!

i can confirm though.. Jericho and Cena total sweet hearts!

Hello!
Welcome! Your username always makes me smile when I see you about!

I know a few people involved in the UK scene and a couple of girls I know did share some things. Some horrifying. Just being at shows as a girl I have witnessed some seedy tit. Even just from other fans. I have also been at the hotels when some WWE and TNA came to the UK and definitely noticed some wrong uns!

i can confirm though.. Jericho and Cena total sweet hearts
Happy new year everyone

We watched dynamite last night, it was a really fitting tribute. Cried a few times.

Fave match was Hangman Silver and Reynolds Vs MJF Santana and Ortiz.

I should probably answer my own questions haha!

1st wrestling memory... Either watching WcW on channel 5. Seeing Bret Hart, Jeff Jarret and Goldberg. A guitar was definitely involved. Or Royal Rumble 2000. The first official WWE thing I watched on TV! Who remembers ppvs being on channel 4??

1st live show was a local one when I was probably 12 or 13. It was at the local theatre and it was imitations of Mankind, the undertaker etc 🤣🤣

1st live WWE show was at the NEC all I remember was the undertaker was there and he was hyped on the ring apron throwing water about!

Last live show was a local show just a west mids one with local talent. It was okay. But was full of weird people. Went with my husband though so was fine!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Just seen on Reddit that a US and a UK TV deal has been done with New Japan. Sounds interesting! I don't watch it but I probably would if we can get it here and on a channel I already have!

My cousin married gangrel, they divorced now 🤣 shes a wrestler to, thats as much I know about it all! I'm more into ufc/mma x

• Haha
That’s cool I’ve not seen much Japanese stuff so having easier access to it would be great.
My cousin married gangrel, they divorced now 🤣 shes a wrestler to, thats as much I know about it all! I'm more into ufc/mma x
That’s so funny🤣 Gangrel seems like an... interesting person.

That’s cool I’ve not seen much Japanese stuff so having easier access to it would be great.

That’s so funny🤣 Gangrel seems like an... interesting person.
🤣🤣🤣🤣 yeah I really have no idea anything about him, they married when I was younger and I dont think it ended well x

Reactions: 2
Just catching up on this thread and thought I'd answer the questions too.

1st watching wrestling memory: My Dad taking us to the local video shop to rent WWF PPV's on VHS (we didn't have cable TV and that was the only way we could watch it) in 1995 or something. I don't remember the shows themselves, but I remember going to the video shop regularly and hiring them.

1st live show you've been to: Global Warning Tour in Melbourne, Australia in 2002. I'm from Australia originally and it was the first time WWE went there since 1986 (the year I was born). My whole family drove from Sydney and went. It was huge!

Last live show you've been to: The Raw and Smackdown tapings in London in 2018.

This is wild! My husband and I watched a doco called 350 Days on Prime recently and he was in it talking about how crazy life was back in the day with all the travel, drugs, drinking, cheating etc. I'm not surprised so many of their marriages failed.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Very disappointed to see all the cheating that's concluding matches recently. Really enjoyed the Pac match until he took a hammer to his opponent's head. Just no need.

Watching Big Daddy etc at my Nanna's house around 1986.

First live show was Raw at the Sheffield Hallam FM in 2003 (i think)

Last was a local wrestling show a fair few years back.

Managed another WWE one in Sheffield but sadly never saw the legend that is The Undertaker.

Watching Big Daddy etc at my Nanna's house around 1986.

First live show was Raw at the Sheffield Hallam FM in 2003 (i think)

Last was a local wrestling show a fair few years back.

Managed another WWE one in Sheffield but sadly never saw the legend that is The Undertaker.
I went to a TV taping of Raw in Sheffield and Undertaker showed up right at the end!

Wish that could have been me. Mind you, got to see Torrie Wilson dance in her underwear so not all bad. Just sad when you look at the wrestlers who are no longer with us.

I loved the attitude era when I was younger but jesus christ it was so misogynistic
Not sure it showed a hatred of or prejudice against women but certainly used the t and a factor to appeal to fans. Chyna winning matches against men, Trish managing a team and Lita throwing moonsaults around the place wasn't too bad. That said, the Trish barking angle was sickening.

Wish that could have been me. Mind you, got to see Torrie Wilson dance in her underwear so not all bad. Just sad when you look at the wrestlers who are no longer with us.

Not sure it showed a hatred of or prejudice against women but certainly used the t and a factor to appeal to fans. Chyna winning matches against men, Trish managing a team and Lita throwing moonsaults around the place wasn't too bad. That said, the Trish barking angle was sickening.
I'm pretty sure you had to have breast implants to be in WWE

The women involved certainly did, although not sure they 'had' to have them, but really the same as the men using various 'supplements.' Big muscles/breasts are a selling point. You're probably right though in fairness, the bra and panties matches weren't exactly there to show off grappling prowess.

The implants always made me laugh. Some looked ridiculous - Debra, Terri, Trish (00/01).
Whereas some looked subtle and nicely complemented their figure.
I remember reading that Mickie James was in OVW for years and never got called up to the main roster. Then in 05 she had breast implants put in and was literally called up a week later. Says it all.

Gotta admit, I'm really new to watching wrestling, so I don't have any memories yet! I've only been into it for the past few months but I've really enjoyed it. I definitely prefer the camera work on AEW to WWE. Are there any iconic matches you guys think I'd enjoy if I went back to watch?

Debra and Terri definitely, but Trish looked incredible. Nikki Bella too. Not sure whether some recent photos are genuine but let's just say not everyone's implants have a certain flair.

Gotta admit, I'm really new to watching wrestling, so I don't have any memories yet! I've only been into it for the past few months but I've really enjoyed it. I definitely prefer the camera work on AEW to WWE. Are there any iconic matches you guys think I'd enjoy if I went back to watch?
Both Undertaker v Shawn Michaels Wrestlemania matches, TLC Wrestlemania 17, Ultimate Warrior v Hulk Hogan Wrestlemania 6, Randy Savage v Ricky Steamboat Wrestlemania 3, Mankind v Undertaker Hell in a Cell 1998, Bret Hart v Mr Perfect Summerslam 91, Royal Rumble match 1992 plus any of the Rock v Stone Cold Wrestlemania matches.