Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Wow I expected more when I searched for this topic :D I have watched wrestling over thirty years and think WWE and AEW have done the best they can without packed crowds this year.

Reactions: 6

Lauz666

Couldn't find a thread on any of the above company's or anything wrestling related.

Must be a few wrestling fans out there?!

I've given up on WWE and mainly follow AEW, my current faves are Kenny Omega, Jericho and Matt Hardy.

All time faves Edge, CM punk, Jeff Hardy.

Hopefully you won't all think I'm mental and some may know what I'm on about 😅🤣

Reactions: 4

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
I co own a wrestling forum and everyone was shocked about Jon Huber. He was a steady hand in the big card who could get people over as a decent heel. 41 is so young his family should be in our thoughts. You can see by the outpouring of love for him from those he's worked with over the years that he is very highly thought of.

Lauz666

Ahhhh yes we now have people in this thread! Welcome all.

Sad one today Brodie Lee has died 😭😭😭😭

I know this post was made a loooong time ago, but I've only just joined and seen it. Your all time favourites are my all time favourites, and I'm loving Kenny Omega too! I'm so glad to see a wrestling thread in here!

I've been watching wrestling for about 30 years (I'm 34), and agree. They've definitely done the best they can considering the circumstances. I'm so keen for this whole pandemic to be over we can start going to shows again.
I've been watching for 20 years (royal rumble 2000)
Honestly getting into Aew has saved this year for me. Dynamite has been awesome considering the no crowd and the free ppvs where so good. ( Minus the Matt Hardy incident) we pay around a fiver a month for AEW on demand on fitetv it's deffo worth it as I can't wait till Saturday to watch it on ITV.

Last edited:

Emperor

Chatty Member
Just after the wrestling world lost Terry Funk, this awful tragedy. His poor wife and children. RIP Windham Rotunda.

moimoi

VIP Member
Looking forward to joining in, in this thread! Have been a wrestling fan for well over 20 years, my interest in current WWE is pretty much at an all time low (still keep up to date with PPVs, NXT, watch documentaries on the Network), but watch AEW religiously every week. Big fan of heel Kenny and loving the recent crossover with Impact.

Very sad about Brodie Lee, clearly such a stand up guy after seeing everyone's comments and stories about him.

Reactions: 3

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
How have I only just seen this thread! Been a wrestling fan since I was about 9 but these days I fall in and out of it. I watch mainly AEW and some WWE. Used to be a big TNA fan too. I haven’t watched Dynamite or Raw/Smackdown/nxt for a while now but I sort of keep track of things through social media. I usually start getting back into it in the run up to Wrestlemania but I’m just not feeling it yet. My username is based on that iconic Chris Jericho moment “oooo, a little bit of the bubbly”🤣

So sad about Brodie Lee. Had no idea he was so poorly.

Heard Becky Lynch gave birth recently. Good for her and Seth, that kids gonna have some impressive genes.

Love the dark side of the ring series. So fascinating. They are apparently branching out and doing a dark side series about American football.

Favourite all time wrestler is The Undertaker and he has been my fav since I started watching. I like other wrestlers but Undertaker has always been my number 1, I just think he’s great as a character, the man just has something about him. Anyone else playing that character might have lasted 5 years max. He’s kept it relatively fresh for going on 30 years.

First wrestling show I went to was in 2014, the TNA Maximum Impact tour. Our show in Birmingham was a taping for the jokers wild 2 ppv and honestly it was so fun. Seeing Earl Hebner body slam Rockstar Spud (drake maverick) was a highlight!

Saw wwe live I think in 2016/17. Can’t remember which. That was great too, really cool atmosphere.

Absolutely love how far women’s wrestling has come since I first started watching. They are no longer there just to support the men and be eye candy. Still not perfect but it’s so much better than it was when I started watching.

Does anyone remember a few months ago loads of male wrestlers were accused of rape/sexual assault? Honestly I wasn’t shocked at all, the wrestling business is quite seedy still, lots of blurred lines between young trainee wrestlers and coaches. Certainly not an industry i’d encourage my daughters to go into. Especially in the British scene there seems to be absolutely zero safeguarding and coaches thinks it’s appropriate to get their (often barely legal)students drunk and try and sleep with them. I do hope something changes.

Last edited:
I don’t think you missed much.

I stayed up for the rumble itself but after the Bray match I myself found myself falling asleep. The Sami Zayn / Bloodline storyline is actually A+. Makes me laugh thinking back to all the marks on the internet saying in the beginning Roman wouldn’t amount to anything because he couldn’t wrestle - he’s put in the work and easily one of the best out there in the current landscape.
I've always liked Roman Reigns for being a treat for the eyes 😍 my ex used to moan about him saying he was wooden and being force on the fans by Vince

• Haha

KatrinaAK

Couldn't find a thread on any of the above company's or anything wrestling related.

Must be a few wrestling fans out there?!

I've given up on WWE and mainly follow AEW, my current faves are Kenny Omega, Jericho and Matt Hardy.

All time faves Edge, CM punk, Jeff Hardy.

Hopefully you won't all think I'm mental and some may know what I'm on about 😅🤣
I know this post was made a loooong time ago, but I've only just joined and seen it. Your all time favourites are my all time favourites, and I'm loving Kenny Omega too! I'm so glad to see a wrestling thread in here!

Wow I expected more when I searched for this topic :D I have watched wrestling over thirty years and think WWE and AEW have done the best they can without packed crowds this year.
I've been watching wrestling for about 30 years (I'm 34), and agree. They've definitely done the best they can considering the circumstances. I'm so keen for this whole pandemic to be over we can start going to shows again.

Reactions: 2

invisobelt

I think the press conference made me remember that we’re in good hands here. Everyone played their part perfectly.

• Heart

Jjjg

VIP Member
The HHH/PaulL era is off to an amazing start.
Even Stephanie showed back up with her father now gone..

KatrinaAK

I'm so glad I came across this thread! So nice to have other like-minded people to discuss wrestling with. My hubby likes it too, but doesn't watch it as religiously as I do and none of our other friends are in to it, so I'm glad you have you guys now.
I love BTE too. I loved it when it was predominantly The Bucks and Kenny but am loving its new focus on The Dark Order just as much. John Silver is a gem! I'm interested to see what they do with this week's episode (if they even put one out at all). All the tributes to Brodie have been so beautiful to read, but seeing all their faces on BTE will break me for sure 😢