Wrestling thread. WWE AEW NJPW

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Couldn't find a thread on any of the above company's or anything wrestling related.

Must be a few wrestling fans out there?!

I've given up on WWE and mainly follow AEW, my current faves are Kenny Omega, Jericho and Matt Hardy.

All time faves Edge, CM punk, Jeff Hardy.

Hopefully you won't all think I'm mental and some may know what I'm on about 😅🤣

Reactions: 4
Wow I expected more when I searched for this topic :D I have watched wrestling over thirty years and think WWE and AEW have done the best they can without packed crowds this year.

Reactions: 6
Couldn't find a thread on any of the above company's or anything wrestling related.

Must be a few wrestling fans out there?!

I've given up on WWE and mainly follow AEW, my current faves are Kenny Omega, Jericho and Matt Hardy.

All time faves Edge, CM punk, Jeff Hardy.

Hopefully you won't all think I'm mental and some may know what I'm on about 😅🤣
I know this post was made a loooong time ago, but I've only just joined and seen it. Your all time favourites are my all time favourites, and I'm loving Kenny Omega too! I'm so glad to see a wrestling thread in here!

Wow I expected more when I searched for this topic :D I have watched wrestling over thirty years and think WWE and AEW have done the best they can without packed crowds this year.
I've been watching wrestling for about 30 years (I'm 34), and agree. They've definitely done the best they can considering the circumstances. I'm so keen for this whole pandemic to be over we can start going to shows again.

Reactions: 2
I wish we hadn't gone to see the Survivor series live. We travelled from the UK to The Staples Centre in Los Angeles to watch it. My grandson who is an adult with learning disabilities was a fanatic for anything WWE. After sitting through what seems like hours of wrestling he declared he never wants to watch WWE again, he said it was boring and nothing like what he watches on TV. There was no commentary and the atmosphere was pretty dire. It was the year that Roman Reigns leukemia had returned so it was a changed programme. He's now into basketball and we managed to watch a game in Orlando, what a difference. The atmosphere was brilliant. I can't wait to go to another game.

• Sad
I wish we hadn't gone to see the Survivor series live. We travelled from the UK to The Staples Centre in Los Angeles to watch it. My grandson who is an adult with learning disabilities was a fanatic for anything WWE. After sitting through what seems like hours of wrestling he declared he never wants to watch WWE again, he said it was boring and nothing like what he watches on TV. There was no commentary and the atmosphere was pretty dire. It was the year that Roman Reigns leukemia had returned so it was a changed programme. He's now into basketball and we managed to watch a game in Orlando, what a difference. The atmosphere was brilliant. I can't wait to go to another game.
That's so disappointing that it was such a bad experience for you guys! I've been to a few Raw and Smackdown tapings in London and only one PPV, being WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans, and loved every one of them. The crowd and atmosphere was great at each event though.

I understand where your grandson is coming from though as my Dad, who is also a massive fan, has never wanted to see it live since there's no commentary and always says it's a better view on the telly anyway.

I'm glad you guys now have basketball to enjoy live together instead. Here's hoping you'll get to do that again ASAP!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Ahhhh yes we now have people in this thread! Welcome all.

Sad one today Brodie Lee has died 😭😭😭😭

I know this post was made a loooong time ago, but I've only just joined and seen it. Your all time favourites are my all time favourites, and I'm loving Kenny Omega too! I'm so glad to see a wrestling thread in here!

I've been watching wrestling for about 30 years (I'm 34), and agree. They've definitely done the best they can considering the circumstances. I'm so keen for this whole pandemic to be over we can start going to shows again.
I've been watching for 20 years (royal rumble 2000)
Honestly getting into Aew has saved this year for me. Dynamite has been awesome considering the no crowd and the free ppvs where so good. ( Minus the Matt Hardy incident) we pay around a fiver a month for AEW on demand on fitetv it's deffo worth it as I can't wait till Saturday to watch it on ITV.

Last edited:
Ahhhh yes we now have people in this thread! Welcome all.

Sad one today Brodie Lee has died 😭😭😭😭

I've been watching for 20 years (royal rumble 2000)
Honestly getting into Aew has saved this year for me. Dynamite has been awesome considering the no crowd and the free ppvs where so good. ( Minus the Matt Hardy incident) we pay around a fiver a month for AEW on demand on fitetv it's deffo worth it as I can't wait till Saturday to watch it on ITV.
I know, right? AEW has quickly become my favourite promotion because it always looks like they're all having so much fun. I usually fast forward through most of Raw and Smackdown only watching the promos and ending of matches, but I watch AEW from start to finish because it's so entertaining. I really hope when covid is done and things start going back to normal we get an AEW tour here.
I read about Brodie at 2am this morning when a storm woke me up and all the beautiful tributes have been hitting me right in the heart all day. He was so loved and respected and it's such a shock that he's gone.

The podcast they put out after each episode is pretty good too it goes into alot of detail. My only gripe is that maybe the Owen Hart one could have got two episodes like the Benoit one.
Totally agreed! Every episode was so well done but I wish the Owen one was longer too. That and the Benoit one had me crying so much throughout. Both of those stories are just so tragic.
I'm so keen to see what they have in store for season 3. One of the guys from my favourite band did the music for the series and my two big loves coming together like that made me so happy!

Yes I loved dark side of the ring. The Benoit ones really got me. I remember where I was when both he and Eddie died. I also didn't realise chavo found Eddie when he died it was so sad.

The New Jack one was also mental. I really don't like him.

Anyone else find Kenny Omega's new entrance so annoying I can't stand the dancing girls bit! I know he is heel and doing his job but for some reason it really winds me up! 🤣

Yes I loved dark side of the ring. The Benoit ones really got me. I remember where I was when both he and Eddie died. I also didn't realise chavo found Eddie when he died it was so sad.

The New Jack one was also mental. I really don't like him.

Anyone else find Kenny Omega's new entrance so annoying I can't stand the dancing girls bit! I know he is heel and doing his job but for some reason it really winds me up! 🤣
New Jack spun me out. My husband and I were watching it like WTF? I don't think there's ever been anyone like him, and never will again in wrestling, which is definitely a good thing.
I actually like Kenny's entrance. I love that he's taking the piss out of the people that have called him a janitor in the past with the brooms. I think the girls are a good addition for when he has big matches though, like for titles or big stipulation matches, just to really play it up, but not every time he comes out. They weren't on Dynamite a couple/few weeks back when Kenny just came out to cut a promo and I thought that was good.

Does anyone watch BTE? It's a great acompliment to dynamite and dark as you get alot of funny moments.

We had only watched this year's then in sept we had to isolate so started it from the beginning. It's so different now. I do wish Marty would turn up one day as I know he doesn't work for RoH now.

You also get to see alot more Hangman Page storyline. Last week's with the dark order song was so good.

I co own a wrestling forum and everyone was shocked about Jon Huber. He was a steady hand in the big card who could get people over as a decent heel. 41 is so young his family should be in our thoughts. You can see by the outpouring of love for him from those he's worked with over the years that he is very highly thought of.

Looking forward to joining in, in this thread! Have been a wrestling fan for well over 20 years, my interest in current WWE is pretty much at an all time low (still keep up to date with PPVs, NXT, watch documentaries on the Network), but watch AEW religiously every week. Big fan of heel Kenny and loving the recent crossover with Impact.

Very sad about Brodie Lee, clearly such a stand up guy after seeing everyone's comments and stories about him.

Reactions: 3
I'm so glad I came across this thread! So nice to have other like-minded people to discuss wrestling with. My hubby likes it too, but doesn't watch it as religiously as I do and none of our other friends are in to it, so I'm glad you have you guys now.
I love BTE too. I loved it when it was predominantly The Bucks and Kenny but am loving its new focus on The Dark Order just as much. John Silver is a gem! I'm interested to see what they do with this week's episode (if they even put one out at all). All the tributes to Brodie have been so beautiful to read, but seeing all their faces on BTE will break me for sure 😢

Gutted to see all the posts about brodie/luke/jon on Facebook RIP he was so young my thoughts are with his wife, kids and family x was raw on last night?