Women's health.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi
New to this thread.

Didn't know it existed.

Ah man i am going through hell at the minute.
Back story i had severe PMDD (think pms on steroids) that eventually led me to having a hysterectomy with ovaries, cervix and uterus removed.

This was in March 2019.
I am still struggling with getting my hormones balanced with HRT.

PMDD is caused by bad reactions to normal hormone changes.
My hormones are still going crazy.

HRT tried so far.... Patches. I am allergic and they dump all the estrogen quickly rather than lasting the 4 days they are supposed to

Gel- it just doesn't absorb 🤷‍♀️

Oral - love it. Worked well. No longer working. I don't know why. I really need to know why.

So yeah. Not looking for advice really. I just wanted somewhere to write this down.

Going to read through the posts now. Hope everyone is well

Hi
New to this thread.

Didn't know it existed.

Ah man i am going through hell at the minute.
Back story i had severe PMDD (think pms on steroids) that eventually led me to having a hysterectomy with ovaries, cervix and uterus removed.

This was in March 2019.
I am still struggling with getting my hormones balanced with HRT.

PMDD is caused by bad reactions to normal hormone changes.
My hormones are still going crazy.

HRT tried so far.... Patches. I am allergic and they dump all the estrogen quickly rather than lasting the 4 days they are supposed to

Gel- it just doesn't absorb 🤷‍♀️

Oral - love it. Worked well. No longer working. I don't know why. I really need to know why.

So yeah. Not looking for advice really. I just wanted somewhere to write this down.

Going to read through the posts now. Hope everyone is well
There is a thread for menopause on here. You might like to read it aswell ☺ Fellow HRT taker here lol

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just came to update as I had my colposcopy today. First of all I felt a lot better because you all shared with me what would happen so thank you ♥ I got a bit nervous and tearful so I did say about my history which really helped. I’ve had 3 smears and I find when you tell them they are much gentler/nicer which I do think is a con as it should be this way for ALL women in my opinion, but yeah that was helpful.
What I really wanted to say though for anyone worrying is that this was less painful than a smear for me, which I was very surprised about. I did not need to even have a biopsy but the speculum didn’t hurt me at all when usually they do, and when she said you’ll feel a sting I felt nothing. I wouldn’t have even known she was putting the vinegar stuff on had I not been watching the screen, I couldn’t feel it at all. I think the stirrups made the whole thing more comfortable as well. I also did not need a gown, I kept my skirt on, and I didn’t have a pregnancy test.
So I’m back in a year from now for another smear and thank you all again so much ♥ I hadn’t told any of my IRL friends about this as I didn’t want them to be flapping etc so I’m grateful to have had people to talk to!

ETA: forgot to say I did some research and shiitake mushroom extract has been weirdly promising at clearing HPV in clinical trials. I’m really not into alternative medicine (genuinely no offence intended to anyone who is) and you could say the body would’ve cleared it anyway…but there was a trial of 10 women who took 3G a day for 6 months, after 6 months 5 of them (so 50%) had totally cleared it and another 3 cleared it after a couple more months. Like I say you might be sceptical and think it would’ve gone anyway but those are pretty good odds to me and worth trying something that is pretty inexpensive if you’ve got HPV coming up all the time, I’ve ordered some anyway!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Just came to update as I had my colposcopy today. First of all I felt a lot better because you all shared with me what would happen so thank you ♥ I got a bit nervous and tearful so I did say about my history which really helped. I’ve had 3 smears and I find when you tell them they are much gentler/nicer which I do think is a con as it should be this way for ALL women in my opinion, but yeah that was helpful.
What I really wanted to say though for anyone worrying is that this was less painful than a smear for me, which I was very surprised about. I did not need to even have a biopsy but the speculum didn’t hurt me at all when usually they do, and when she said you’ll feel a sting I felt nothing. I wouldn’t have even known she was putting the vinegar stuff on had I not been watching the screen, I couldn’t feel it at all. I think the stirrups made the whole thing more comfortable as well. I also did not need a gown, I kept my skirt on, and I didn’t have a pregnancy test.
So I’m back in a year from now for another smear and thank you all again so much ♥ I hadn’t told any of my IRL friends about this as I didn’t want them to be flapping etc so I’m grateful to have had people to talk to!

ETA: forgot to say I did some research and shiitake mushroom extract has been weirdly promising at clearing HPV in clinical trials. I’m really not into alternative medicine (genuinely no offence intended to anyone who is) and you could say the body would’ve cleared it anyway…but there was a trial of 10 women who took 3G a day for 6 months, after 6 months 5 of them (so 50%) had totally cleared it and another 3 cleared it after a couple more months. Like I say you might be sceptical and think it would’ve gone anyway but those are pretty good odds to me and worth trying something that is pretty inexpensive if you’ve got HPV coming up all the time, I’ve ordered some anyway!
Well done mate, glad you got through it ok today! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1

So glad to read this 💖

• Heart
I had my first smear today. I did a lot of googling before hand which put my anxiety into overdrive and almost cancelled last minute. I just wanted to say that it was incredibly straight forward, quick and not as bad as I thought it would be. My nurse was super lovely - spoke to me the entire time and made me feel at ease. It wasn’t super uncomfortable and I didn’t experience any pain, only a slight spotting. Just wanted to share my experience to anyone out there who is putting off their smears ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry to revive this thread! I had a colposcopy in June last year and I’ve just received a letter from PHE to book a smear. I’m sure they said to me to have another one a year from the colposcopy, so I’m not sure why I’ve been sent this. I’m really not keen on having one I don’t need just yet and tbh 6 ish months later seems overkill (they didn’t even take a biopsy at my colposcopy so I’m guessing there was literally nothing there?) does anyone else know if it’s a year from your colposcopy or a year from your last smear?

Sorry to revive this thread! I had a colposcopy in June last year and I’ve just received a letter from PHE to book a smear. I’m sure they said to me to have another one a year from the colposcopy, so I’m not sure why I’ve been sent this. I’m really not keen on having one I don’t need just yet and tbh 6 ish months later seems overkill (they didn’t even take a biopsy at my colposcopy so I’m guessing there was literally nothing there?) does anyone else know if it’s a year from your colposcopy or a year from your last smear?
It’s probably a year since your last smear. Does that marry up with the date? It’s probably just an automated letter you’ve been sent based on the date of your last recorded smear. Wouldn’t worry about it too much, I’d probably go for it anyway just to keep an eye on things if nothing else.

It’s probably a year since your last smear. Does that marry up with the date? It’s probably just an automated letter you’ve been sent based on the date of your last recorded smear. Wouldn’t worry about it too much, I’d probably go for it anyway just to keep an eye on things if nothing else.
I guess so but I’m not sure. To be honest, if it’s a year from the colposcopy then I’d rather wait to give my body as long as possible to clear the HPV so I don’t have to keep doing this. I just wasn’t sure because I swear at the appointment they said a year from the colposcopy but the letter has confused me. Will of course ring my GP Monday but just wondered if anyone knew as it’s already stressing me out 😔

I guess so but I’m not sure. To be honest, if it’s a year from the colposcopy then I’d rather wait to give my body as long as possible to clear the HPV so I don’t have to keep doing this. I just wasn’t sure because I swear at the appointment they said a year from the colposcopy but the letter has confused me. Will of course ring my GP Monday but just wondered if anyone knew as it’s already stressing me out 😔
After my colposcopy I had smears yearly for quite a few years. I would just ring your GP practice and double check.

I had a HPV positive (no abnormal cells) result this time and I've been so panicked about it 😫 I'm going to try the shiitake mushroom extract as, well it can't hurt, and I'm worried my immune system is focused on covid and not the HPV so I wanna give it a booster! Cancer is my biggest fear as it took my Mum (not a related cancer though and a non genetic form of BC). I know so many people who've had HPV+ but it just looks bloody terrifying on paper. I've never missed a ST either and barely ever have sex with anyone so in like 😪

• Sad
I had a HPV positive (no abnormal cells) result this time and I've been so panicked about it 😫 I'm going to try the shiitake mushroom extract as, well it can't hurt, and I'm worried my immune system is focused on covid and not the HPV so I wanna give it a booster! Cancer is my biggest fear as it took my Mum (not a related cancer though and a non genetic form of BC). I know so many people who've had HPV+ but it just looks bloody terrifying on paper. I've never missed a ST either and barely ever have sex with anyone so in like 😪
If there's no abnormal cells atm try not to worry, I've read that most people get HPV at some point and its quite rare that it actually does anything. I know it's easier said than done though, I'm still taking the mushroom and I hope it works because I'm absolutely sick of all these tests!

• Heart
If there's no abnormal cells atm try not to worry, I've read that most people get HPV at some point and its quite rare that it actually does anything. I know it's easier said than done though, I'm still taking the mushroom and I hope it works because I'm absolutely sick of all these tests!
Yeah that's what I've read/heard from others I just got into a pure tizz about it. Where did you order your mushroom extract from? I hope everything resolves itself for you ❤❤ I don't even want the stupid organs down there 😫 don't want kids ever and periods make me SO depressed so can't they just like whack it out? Tad extreme maybe lol

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yeah that's what I've read/heard from others I just got into a pure tizz about it. Where did you order your mushroom extract from? I hope everything resolves itself for you ❤❤ I don't even want the stupid organs down there 😫 don't want kids ever and periods make me SO depressed so can't they just like whack it out? Tad extreme maybe lol
I just get it from Amazon but it costs a fortune :( I'm the exact same, we have a history of ovarian cancer in my family and I have endo, don't want kids, wish they'd just take literally everything out. So stressful, I know how you feel ❤

I just get it from Amazon but it costs a fortune :( I'm the exact same, we have a history of ovarian cancer in my family and I have endo, don't want kids, wish they'd just take literally everything out. So stressful, I know how you feel ❤
I've seen some 120 tablets for around the £10 Mark or are these crap? I've ordered some folic acid/B12 as heard they were also good for cervical health. Can't hurt. Oh god that's awful. I've no explicit history of cancers in my family - my mum died of bowel but she had diverticulitis plus other failing organs pre cancer anyway, and the oncologist said it wasn't a genetic "breed" as it were so she was just unlucky. I do worry alot though of course

Hi all, wondering if anyone has had similar? I had a smear last Jan & it came back HPV positive and low grade dyskaryosis.
I was due my colposcopy April 2021 but I was pregnant so it couldn't go ahead. The consultant had a look at my cervix and said she doesn't think its low grade due to the spread of cells around my cervix, she said it was mild to high & she'll see me once I've delivered. After a lot of pushing I finally have the colposcopy tomorrow and now I'm slightly worried it may have gotten worse over the year. What does the colposcopy usually entail? What further treatment is next if it is high grade?

Hi all, wondering if anyone has had similar? I had a smear last Jan & it came back HPV positive and low grade dyskaryosis.
I was due my colposcopy April 2021 but I was pregnant so it couldn't go ahead. The consultant had a look at my cervix and said she doesn't think its low grade due to the spread of cells around my cervix, she said it was mild to high & she'll see me once I've delivered. After a lot of pushing I finally have the colposcopy tomorrow and now I'm slightly worried it may have gotten worse over the year. What does the colposcopy usually entail? What further treatment is next if it is high grade?
I posted this on this thread previously

Thank you, I'll take a look now.
👍 in terms of treatment, I’ve described there the LLETZ procedure, they can also do something called a cone biopsy but that is done under a general anaesthetic so you wouldn’t have that done at a routine colposcopy appointment.

Hi I’ve just had the exact same diagnosis and beside myself with worry and wondering what your results were?