Winter Love Island 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Btw, there were articles mentioning Kai has 3 degrees from 3 different unis. Does anyone know what it's on?
I know, I was surprised at that, I assumed he must teach toddlers. PE, Science and, er…Grinning. Makes my teachers look like Stephen Hawking.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ugh I just watched ydays episode and I think Shaq was completely right in that situation. And from what I was reading here I was expecting that he would be way more rude but he really wasn't, he was just annoyed that Ron was acting like a spoiled little brat and wanted to escape washing the dishes. No one in the world enjoys doing it but if all the rest can do it so can he. And then all the girls talking about how rude Shaq was when in fact Ron was the one being a head!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Just catching up. What a load of tit last nights episode was. When the women were lining up, Claudia really stood out compared to the younger fresh faced women. If she was about 8 years older, I think she would be attractive for her age.

Reactions: 3
I think there is more we’re not seeing with comments Ron is making that are not shown that are getting boys backs up and I reckon it’s probably stupid stuff but stuff that’s disrespectful/the opposite to what he’s feeding Lana so then because the others are hearing it and they like Lana, it’s causing that divide.
I do think Shaq went OTT and should have just left it but initially, everyone was on the same page “everyone should be helping” and as soon as something was said, Will and Casey got up to help but Ron didn’t. I just thought that was rude tbh. But sadly because Shaq went over, that’s taken over Ron’s behaviour now. I do think this was likely pushed by the producers because this series is sooooo boring.
I find it interesting that Ron and Kai have been the ones from the very start to “click” I don’t, as a viewer, see that’s changed. It’s always been them two supporting each other to stray.
The others seem to be having more of a laugh generally because they’re not discussing the girls/their plan etc. usually people gravitate to others that have similar morals to them so it speaks volumes to me that there is a split.

Also, just to add - Olivia tit stirs constantly so I hope she’s in the bottom

Reactions: 15
Surely Tom must’ve said something to Lana about going back to Ron? How come we haven’t seen that? I think Tom is holding a grudge with Ron and that’s not helping the divide. As much as Ron’s been two-faced, they’re grown men.

To me, it looked like Casey and Ron noticed that Ron was getting stick for not helping so jumped up to look like they were better. Nobody called over to them to help and they didn’t get criticised. Will heard the moaning and said “shall we go?” and Casey said “yes, let’s help them”.
I’m sure you’ve all discussed but I’m a bit behind.
The thing with helping with the dishes for me was: don’t say in the morning that you feel a divide and then feel entitled not to muck in with the others when it came to the dishes.
I know during cooking a few of them pratted around but they were still present in the kitchen and helped with serving etc. I don’t think it’s fair to say that because Ron cooked he didn’t have to help, when it looked as if Shaq, Jordan, and Kai appeared to also cook/prep yet were still doing their bit of cleaning. Yes we saw Casey and Will sat down but as soon as asked they got up to help.
I just don’t think Shaq would have been quite so annoyed if they hadn’t discussed and tried to squash this divide already
That said, I think they’re not showing us the full side of Ron. Boys don’t tend to get quite so annoyed as girls do by little things like that so he must be acting a knobhead off screen too

Just started watching last night's episode. As if Tom called himself a "slow burner"- Tom who was running around kissing multiple people he'd only just met 😂

Cba with Ron saying he knew Lana was special since day one 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Unpopular opinion but I cannot stand Shaq or Casey...
I like Kai and Tom! And I quite like Ron! He's young and he's made mistake. Some people need to chill out.. its love island! What do people expect. Them going in and falling in love on the first day. duck off... I'd do exactly the same. Explore my options and tell ppl what they wanna hear and everyone else would do the same!! Cannot stand Shaq!!! Aaargh! Gets in everyone's business yet can't even see Tanya don't like him as much as he thinks lol

Reactions: 7
I think there is more we’re not seeing with comments Ron is making that are not shown that are getting boys backs up and I reckon it’s probably stupid stuff but stuff that’s disrespectful/the opposite to what he’s feeding Lana so then because the others are hearing it and they like Lana, it’s causing that divide.
I do think Shaq went OTT and should have just left it but initially, everyone was on the same page “everyone should be helping” and as soon as something was said, Will and Casey got up to help but Ron didn’t. I just thought that was rude tbh. But sadly because Shaq went over, that’s taken over Ron’s behaviour now. I do think this was likely pushed by the producers because this series is sooooo boring.
I find it interesting that Ron and Kai have been the ones from the very start to “click” I don’t, as a viewer, see that’s changed. It’s always been them two supporting each other to stray.
The others seem to be having more of a laugh generally because they’re not discussing the girls/their plan etc. usually people gravitate to others that have similar morals to them so it speaks volumes to me that there is a split.

Also, just to add - Olivia tit stirs constantly so I hope she’s in the bottom
I know right? And when Ron and Kai were having that short discussion during the day of how there was a divide and Kai said there were people he wouldn't be friends with on the outside but that he'd keep it to himself, I've been really wondering who he meant?

Surely Tom must’ve said something to Lana about going back to Ron? How come we haven’t seen that? I think Tom is holding a grudge with Ron and that’s not helping the divide. As much as Ron’s been two-faced, they’re grown men.

To me, it looked like Casey and Ron noticed that Ron was getting stick for not helping so jumped up to look like they were better. Nobody called over to them to help and they didn’t get criticised. Will heard the moaning and said “shall we go?” and Casey said “yes, let’s help them”.
I might've missed something, what is Tom's main issue with Ron? is it just still that he moved stupid and was disrespectful kissing Lana the very night she friendzoned Casey because he did look really annoyed then but I thought he moved on

Reactions: 4
Yes the same. Something about Casey I’m not sure on. I really hate Ron and Lana but I don’t think Casey is as nice as he makes out
I’m so glad someone else is wary of Casey.

From the toast saying ‘here’s to kissing lots of girls’, how full on he was with Lana and how angry he got when she went back to Ron and he commented that ‘nice guys always finish last’ gives me a weird vibe . I get the feeling like he’s one of those Nice Guys™️ that think because they are nice to a girl, the girl then owes them something.

Something about Casey really reminds me of a guy I used to date. He was a Nice Guy and was very intense and full on the same way I think Casey was with Lana and is now being with Claudia, asking if her head will turn already. He could have a fiercely possessive streak especially when drinking and lectured me when I broke it off about girls never giving nice guys a chance. Maybe I’m judging too much but Casey reallllly gives me the vibe that he’s the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

From the toast saying ‘here’s to kissing lots of girls’, how full on he was with Lana and how angry he got when she went back to Ron and he commented that ‘nice guys always finish last’ gives me a weird vibe . I get the feeling like he’s one of those Nice Guys™️ that think because they are nice to a girl, the girl then owes them something.

Something about Casey really reminds me of a guy I used to date. He was a Nice Guy and was very intense and full on the same way I think Casey was with Lana and is now being with Claudia, asking if her head will turn already. He could have a fiercely possessive streak especially when drinking and lectured me when I broke it off about girls never giving nice guys a chance. Maybe I’m judging too much but Casey reallllly gives me the vibe that he’s the same.
I don’t think Casey was angry with Lana for going back to Ron, he was upset that she hadn’t been honest with him and no doubt felt played, if anything I thought his reaction to all of this was understated. And yes he might be a bit of a player, all of them are in their own way.
Sorry to hear you had a crappy ex, they always leave a mark, thankfully there a plenty of decent blokes still around.

Reactions: 6
I'm worried I'm going to start feeling sorry for Ron 😬
He is an obvious cocky knob but he does seem to be being excluded.
It looks like Casey is more popular with the other men, and Ron's constant jibing at him - 'you may have won the battle' 'she's finally come home', poking him with a sword in the gladiator challenge - has not gone down well.

Reactions: 7
I know right? And when Ron and Kai were having that short discussion during the day of how there was a divide and Kai said there were people he wouldn't be friends with on the outside but that he'd keep it to himself, I've been really wondering who he meant?

I might've missed something, what is Tom's main issue with Ron? is it just still that he moved stupid and was disrespectful kissing Lana the very night she friendzoned Casey because he did look really annoyed then but I thought he moved on
I don’t really understand Tom’s level of disliking either based on the bits they’ve shown. From what he said to Lana, he sees her as a sister so is being over protective and probably not happy with the things Ron says in private but I think he’s also been miffed that he was in competition with him over a lot of the girls at one point or another and felt a bit vulnerable after the Ellie incident. I think the sister bit was a convenient excuse.

Reactions: 2
I’m surprised at the sudden love for Tom when he has behaved like Ron with girls too. He has been snakey calling Ron slimy to Lana behind his back and then telling Ron not to give up with her when she chose Casey. 🤯

Not feeling the Casey love either, he’s too needy and I can’t move past the denim gilet 😂

• Haha
I don’t think Casey was angry with Lana for going back to Ron, he was upset that she hadn’t been honest with him and no doubt felt played, if anything I thought his reaction to all of this was understated.
Sorry to hear you had a crappy ex, they always leave a mark, thankfully there a plenty of decent blokes still around.
Maybe angry was the wrong word, I think he was rightfully upset because Lana went about things badly but it was the comment about nice guys finishing last that rubbed me up the wrong way. Just because he was nice to her whilst Ron is a b*ellend, doesn’t mean he was entitled to her choosing him. At least that’s how I read it, anyway!

Yeah there are, I’m with a lovely guy now :)

Reactions: 5
Just caught up and honestly I don't know why I'm even watching this season anymore. They dump zara who brought all the drama and then they dump the best girl in there. I'm not a fan of the rest of the islanders. The only drama they create is about who's not washing up 😒😴

Reactions: 5

This!! Nice guys don’t go around throwing that they are nice, they do actions to prove that they are nice!

I really think Casey would have fucked Lana off for Claudia, and that’s were it’s hypocritical with the situation with ron. I fully agree it was wrong how he treated Lana, but its True with what their all saying that love island is a once in a lifetime opportunity and you would want to explore all options to be sure. But there is no denying there is chemistry between Ron and Lana, and it wasn’t there with her and Casey. I guess time will tell with Claudia and Casey!

Reactions: 6
right, i didn't watch it last night and just caught up on the thread - says a lot that the comment 'this must be the most boring episode so far' is repeating so much, not only for last night's episode! such an awful season

since tanyel left, i won't be watching anymore. i'll keep up with it via this thread, if there's anyone left by the end 😅

• Haha
right, i didn't watch it last night and just caught up on the thread - says a lot that the comment 'this must be the most boring episode so far' is repeating so much, not only for last night's episode! such an awful season

since tanyel left, i won't be watching anymore. i'll keep up with it via this thread, if there's anyone left by the end 😅
I need to see movie night now.

same!!! that comment about nice guys finishing last really bothered me too but I just kept on watching and tried to ignore it.
I really hate when guys say that because plenty of truly nice guys are in very happy relationships and married all over the place. Maybe not the sort of " nice guy" you are though, is finishing first. Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions too much but it sort of struck me there that he was victimizing himself with that comment.

Wasn't his first comment when he came in when they asked what he was after and he just went " sexy girls"?

Reactions: 4
I need to see movie night now.
What would be on it though? 😬
There aren't many revelations are there?
The only one I can really think of is Tom telling Lana Ron is slimey.
Shaq talking with Olivia about Tanyel is pointless now Tanyel has gone.
I genuinely can't think of anything much.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.