Winter Love Island 2023 #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Missed the majority of the previous thread, busy week here!
I have to say tonights episode was theeeee most boring ever šŸ˜“ When the most exciting part is Shaq moaning about dishes then you know it's bad!
ITVs editing team need to sort themselves out šŸ˜†

Reactions: 10
I love that Olivia tit stirs with Shaq yesterday and then turns on him straight away. Sheā€™s so unbelievably fake.

Reactions: 23
My favourite couple is Will and Jessie, but I voted Casey and Claudia for the show as I'd like to see them safe.

Reactions: 14
I like Will but I wish he would stop his constant acting. He never seems to speak in a normal voice. He just seems to put on an Austin Powers act all the time.

Reactions: 15
I like Will but I wish he would stop his constant acting. He never seems to speak in a normal voice. He just seems to put on an Austin Powers act all the time.
Oh yes Will is Austin Powers, I was having that conversation with a friend last night.šŸ˜€

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Iā€™m kind of with you in this one. I donā€™t like Ron but I think heā€™s been called out enough by the lads now. Shaq keeps pushing it and to be honest Iā€™m going off Casey as well. Heā€™s so over familiar and he and Shaq think theyā€™re the alphas. I think itā€™s an act from Casey. Weā€™ll see how Casa goes.
Yes the same. Something about Casey Iā€™m not sure on. I really hate Ron and Lana but I donā€™t think Casey is as nice as he makes out

Reactions: 13
Yes the same. Something about Casey Iā€™m not sure on. I really hate Ron and Lana but I donā€™t think Casey is as nice as he makes out
I think whatā€™s annoying me most is that the more he and Shaq witch about Ron and ā€œthe divideā€ it makes me Not dislike Ron or Kai as much.

Reactions: 7
Didnā€™t someone in the previous thread mention that they went to uni with Casey and he was apparently ā€œawfulā€ to quote the userā€™s words? They didnā€™t elaborate but they eluded that he wasnā€™t as nice as heā€™s currently depicting on screen.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
I think whatā€™s annoying me most is that the more he and Shaq witch about Ron and ā€œthe divideā€ it makes me Not dislike Ron or Kai as much.
Casey looked really smug when he had the boys around him and Kai and Ron were in the kitchen. This is how the girls I went to school with behaved, they are grown men and itā€™s actually gross to see.
I honestly think that Casey would have dropped Lana the second Claudia came in. I think as much as Lana still liked Ron, Casey was wayyyy too full on with her. Like the second day he was like I really like you, we have an amazing connection. Itā€™s offputting and now heā€™s doing the same to Claudia

Reactions: 11
Casey looked really smug when he had the boys around him and Kai and Ron were in the kitchen. This is how the girls I went to school with behaved, they are grown men and itā€™s actually gross to see.
I honestly think that Casey would have dropped Lana the second Claudia came in. I think as much as Lana still liked Ron, Casey was wayyyy too full on with her. Like the second day he was like I really like you, we have an amazing connection. Itā€™s offputting and now heā€™s doing the same to Claudia
i think heā€™d have stayed with Lana as she seems to the most popular girl contestant within the villa. I think heā€™s only laying it on thick with Claudia because he needed someone to couple with.

Reactions: 11
Thanks for keeping this thread going, itā€™s far more entertaining than the show. Iā€™ll watch from the comfort of Tattle comments from now on. Show is terrible. I hope the producers learn by summer series that the need for decent originals is vital as so much emphasis is put on them throughout.

Reactions: 9
Will and Jessie for me. He does my head in at times but these are the best of a bad bunch and I really like Jessie. Edit I do like Tom and Samie would be happy with them but I donā€™t know if theyā€™ll survive casa
All good points.

Reactions: 3
I feel like why in the world did they go in circles in the morning debrief with the guys and literally arrive at a solution without even discussing the problem " there's a divide, I think we should talk about it" " yes I'd rather just get it out now" to jump straight to " great chat guys, any one of us could go home, let's make the most of it"...
ummm... where was the issue addressed?
I feel like this season is so dead that they're editing the hell out of it every which way to where I never know who is in the right and wrong.
I'm wondering if when it's over we're gonna hear all these reveals of the people we thought were the villains as being decent and vice versa. ( Except Olivia, ugh). That pissed me off from Ron as well, he was being smug as usual, and it's very frustrating when someone tells you no and is belligerent while smiling like that, but Shaq popping off was about so much more than that, but we're never gonna know what are we?

I have been saying this every season for at least the last 4 seasons ( including the last winter one) but I've always thought they were slow and we all mostly agree, but then they suddenly pick up, but this one is truly the only one that hasn't. And I feel like the cast hasn't meshed like in all the ones prior by now. Tanyel, if anyone, IMO really lent to that vibe and I really think it was a major loss this season that they let her go over Ellie. They always strategically keep their favorites in, so I know it was within their power.

Jessie and Will are sometimes ott BUT they're quite cute sometimes and I feel like I'd choose them. Will sliding across the floors was such a vibe, he breaks up the tension in that place.

Claudia is actually really sweet and love her wit and personality. A couple days ago I really liked Casey but somehow I actually think she could do better. Why is he already asking her if her head will turn Jesus.

• Heart
Watched The Apprentice (terrific episode) so just caught up.
Not much love on the island last night, after dinner it turned into Big Brother with Shaq in the role of Carole from Series 8.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Iā€™m sure youā€™ve all discussed but Iā€™m a bit behind.
The thing with helping with the dishes for me was: donā€™t say in the morning that you feel a divide and then feel entitled not to muck in with the others when it came to the dishes.
I know during cooking a few of them pratted around but they were still present in the kitchen and helped with serving etc. I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to say that because Ron cooked he didnā€™t have to help, when it looked as if Shaq, Jordan, and Kai appeared to also cook/prep yet were still doing their bit of cleaning. Yes we saw Casey and Will sat down but as soon as asked they got up to help.
I just donā€™t think Shaq would have been quite so annoyed if they hadnā€™t discussed and tried to squash this divide already
That said, I think theyā€™re not showing us the full side of Ron. Boys donā€™t tend to get quite so annoyed as girls do by little things like that so he must be acting a knobhead off screen too

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The thing with helping with the dishes for me was: donā€™t say in the morning that you feel a divide and then feel entitled not to muck in with the others when it came to the dishes.
I know during cooking a few of them pratted around but they were still present in the kitchen and helped with serving etc. I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to say that because Ron cooked he didnā€™t have to help, when it looked as if Shaq, Jordan, and Kai appeared to also cook/prep yet were still doing their bit of cleaning. Yes we saw Casey and Will sat down but as soon as asked they got up to help.
I just donā€™t think Shaq would have been quite so annoyed if they hadnā€™t discussed and tried to squash this divide already
That said, I think theyā€™re not showing us the full side of Ron. Boys donā€™t tend to get quite so annoyed as girls do by little things like that so he must be acting a knobhead off screen too
It's the gesture of it that he should have done. It's not in good taste or very considerate to others to sit around while literally all the other guys are assembled trying to get a job done. Even if all he did was pass around some silverware, it's the thought that counts, and I think it rubs a lot of people wrong to see someone being lazy and then having a bit of an attitude like a kid when asked to do something like that. Personal opinion but when I've seen people act that way irl, it's always a put off.

Reactions: 15
Btw, there were articles mentioning Kai has 3 degrees from 3 different unis. Does anyone know what it's on?

• Haha
  • Wow
There has to be more about the confrontation than just the washing up though šŸ¤”
There must be so much weā€™re not seeing, the section from the morning when Ron said he felt a divide went absolutely nowhere, no attempt at resolution whatsoever.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.