Wimbledon 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The crowd booing Kyrgios during that interview! Haha

Semi final looks spicy.

Reactions: 3
Rafa is such a sweetheart. I love his interviews. Compare him to that wretched twit Kyrgios and it’s like night and day.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Rafa is such a sweetheart. I love his interviews. Compare him to that wretched twit Kyrgios and it’s like night and day.
i turn into a teenage girl when rafa starts speaking. that little hair tuck he does and the way his smile makes all his eye crinkles pop 🥹🥹 not to drag down the tone of this tennis thread but if he needs someone to strap up his abs again, i’ll do it for free.

kyrigos isn’t going to like how heavily the crowd will be on rafa’s side. and we know it doesn’t take much for him to start losing it.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Rafa v Nick is going to be intense and I cannot take it. I’m glad I’ll have you all for emotional support 😩

I am overwhelmed. Cried like a baby and was tense as hell during that tiebreak. I don't know how he does it but I'm so glad I am here to witness.

Ajla was asked about NK in her presser. She's pretty mad that the journalist didn't ask about her match and rightly so.

NK is trash. I gave him a pass for a long time - longer than i should - but Tsitsipas is right that he is a bully.

Yel

I like Rafa but honestly find the crowd with him a bit too much, but totally here for it against nick. If it actually happens and he's not forced to pull out.

Reactions: 1
NOOOO 😭😭

kyrgios in the final. i cannot believe it. as said upthread, the first time in my life i will support novak.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

The only consolation I can take from this is that, despite my vehement dislike of Djokovic, he will most likely kick Kyrgios’s arse.

Oh Rafa. To the US we go.

Tournament is over for me on the men's side. Whoever is in the final it will be unwatchable as long as NK is there.

Reactions: 1

Yel

Damn, was worried that would happen :(

I was so looking forward to tomorrow and the final, but it feels like a massive anti climax now.

Really bad for everyone in tennis that he's in a final.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Damn, was worried that would happen :(

I was so looking forward to tomorrow and the final, but it feels like a massive anti climax now.

Really bad for everyone in tennis that he's in a final.
same :(

it’s also maybe unfair to rybakina but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth that there’s a russian athlete in the women’s final too, not because of her personally but because it sort of flouts the ban.

like you say, i was looking forward to both finals but they both have such different issues now.

not read the whole thread, but I am gutted that rafa's withdrawn 😭. I honestly want a kyrgios/norie final because I loathe novak.

and, er, I'd probably want nick to win cos it'd be really funny 😬

Reactions: 2
I would have rather they gave Fritz another chance than just give Nick a free pass to the final :(

Reactions: 4
Absolutely gutted about Rafa having to withdraw from the semi-final.

I'm volunteering to go to Wimbledon and massage him if that would help? Every last inch of him...

• Haha

Yel

I would have rather they gave Fritz another chance than just give Nick a free pass to the final :(
That would be good, but never going to happen. I think they should update the rules, who cares if a "loser" then makes it through and wins. The tournament has lost one of its big matches. Really not a good year for Wimbledon.

I now wish Rafa had of walked off the other day when it looked like he was. He could have made the injury worse by carrying on.

Imagine if the male winner is someone that goes on to be convicted of assault and the female winner is a Russian born and living player that relatively recently changed to Kazakhstan.

Reactions: 6
Imagine if the male winner is someone that goes on to be convicted of assault and the female winner is a Russian born and living player that relatively recently changed to Kazakhstan.
exactly this! it’s bad enough they’re both in the finals but can you imagine?!

if i’m medvedev right now i’m looking at rybakina and thinking, how is that fair?

I was so looking forward to both matches today. Ah well 😥 let’s hope Norrie can pull off a miracle.

Reactions: 2