Wimbledon 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

sportsmen have been “getting away” with this sort of thing for actual decades across all sports
You're right, but at the same time lots of things that people got away with decades ago they couldn't these days. It all reaches a tipping point eventually.

Other sports suspend people until an outcome has been reached. This could be the final straw and force them to do something. Imagine if he gets through to the sf.

it opens the conversation up over all sports.
It's about time that conversation was opened up.

Reactions: 3
You're right, but at the same time lots of things that people got away with decades ago they couldn't these days. It all reaches a tipping point eventually.

Other sports suspend people until an outcome has been reached. This could be the final straw and force them to do something. Imagine if he gets through to the sf.

It's about time that conversation was opened up.
i don’t disagree but, from nk’s pov, there are two other players with serious domestic violence charges who have been able to continue playing on the tour. one is at wimbledon, one only isn’t here out of injury.

the conversation absolutely should be opened up. successful men, particularly successful athletes, have been allowed to get away with awful things for far too long. i just don’t think that particular boiling point is going to be at wimbledon, right now.

Reactions: 2
It does feel like NK’s ‘misdemeanours’ have accumulated to an untenable degree now.

Certainly there have been many many cases of arrogant sportsmen getting away with atrocious behaviour, but NK’s catalogue of very public nastiness is something I’ve never seen before.

During the Tsitsipas game they pointed out his fiancé in the box, and I wondered if it was all an act and in private he was a sweet, funny, nice man who was decent to those around him. Lo & behold, they’ve only been together a matter of months, and now he’s charged with assaulting another girlfriend just six months ago.

So I’m guessing he’s no fluffy bunny behind closed doors.

If he does play today (which I think he probably will), he’ll either be an absolute choir boy, or he’ll boil over and get himself disqualified.

Reactions: 5

Yel

If he does play today (which I think he probably will), he’ll either be an absolute choir boy, or he’ll boil over and get himself disqualified.
Agree he'll probably play, I bet they're hoping he gets knocked out and the whole issue can go away quietly for now.

Reactions: 1
I noticed NK was being uncharacteristically level headed in his match with Nakashima on Monday, barely a peep out of him. Wonder if they knew the headlines were going to break and were already initiating mission public image rescue (not possible at this point). There’s no denying that he has a ‘talent’ for tennis but that’s about the only thing he has going for him that I can see.

Ironically in one of my previous comments I said “I’m not saying he’s a bad person, I don’t know the guy.” All a bit up in the air now eh Nicky? 🙄

Reactions: 5
Holly was at Wimbledon yesterday can’t stand how this coke head shows up everywhere

I noticed NK was being uncharacteristically level headed in his match with Nakashima on Monday, barely a peep out of him. Wonder if they knew the headlines were going to break and were already initiating mission public image rescue (not possible at this point). There’s no denying that he has a ‘talent’ for tennis but that’s about the only thing he has going for him that I can see.

Ironically in one of my previous comments I said “I’m not saying he’s a bad person, I don’t know the guy.” All a bit up in the air now eh Nicky? 🙄
I am sure he will still get cheered today the British public love to ignore a wife beater if he is entertaining at sports

Also the Women’s semis may have two Russians in it with potentially one in the final, the irnony

Holly was at Wimbledon yesterday can’t stand how this coke head shows up everywhere

I am sure he will still get cheered today the British public love to ignore a wife beater if he is entertaining at sports

Also the Women’s semis may have two Russians in it with potentially one in the final, the irnony
Who’s that? I thought all Russians were banned from playing?

I missed the start of the Kyrios/Garin match but had a quick scroll back on iplayer - did they skip the players walking on to court and start the coverage once play was underway? I was curious to see the reception NK got when he walked out but on iplayer it seemed to skip from a doubles match straight to NK serving.

rafa looks so out of sorts :( he’s definitely hurt, i wonder how long he can cling on here.

• Sad
I’m a bit confused why they’re showing both men QF games simultaneously too? Given there’s been matches playing until 11pm on the odd night, there would be time to play one after the other?

Hope Nadal pulls through 😥

Rafa has had his abs taped all week. His dad Sebastian gestured for him to stop playing.

Rafa has won the 2nd set and I am shocked and over the moon. Wonder if he had a painkiller from the trainer when he went off court?

Rafa has had his abs taped all week. His dad Sebastian gestured for him to stop playing.

Rafa has won the 2nd set and I am shocked and over the moon. Wonder if he had a painkiller from the trainer when he went off court?
he almost certainly did! you could sorta see the moment where it kicked it as he started moving a little better.

he’s definitely avoiding reaching for some shots though.

Reactions: 1

Yel

I’m a bit confused why they’re showing both men QF games simultaneously too? Given there’s been matches playing until 11pm on the odd night, there would be time to play one after the other?

Hope Nadal pulls through 😥
They usually do that don't they? Have the women playing at the same time then the mens qf. I think it's good so you can choose one of each to watch and the results for each won't be know as they're playing at the same time.

Very unlikely to be on till late as they're only playing two games on the main courts and it was three until qf time.

I cannot stand NK. He’s a vile, egomaniacal control freak. His demeanour can actually be scary! Urgh. Also he’s just not an engaging player to watch - which is why I think he hams it up with all the screaming / moaning / barking that he does. 🙄

Reactions: 4
I just want to wrap Rafa up in a big hug and feed him soup. It's obvious he's playing through pain.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As much as I do want Rafa (🥰😍) to turn this around, the only ‘positive’ I’m trying to take from his potential loss tonight is that I would rather see him go out against Fritz than have to watch him endure and possibly get knocked out by awful NK. ‘Cos I’m that petty.

• Haha
  • Heart