Wimbledon 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

exactly this! it’s bad enough they’re both in the finals but can you imagine?!

if i’m medvedev right now i’m looking at rybakina and thinking, how is that fair?
I do agree with the reasoning behind banning russian players but they shouldn't have done it unless they could close the loopholes. Ban anyone that has competed under the Russian flag in the last X years or who resides there or something.

Yeah it looks very unlikely that Norrie will win, but it's not impossible.

The singles finals for this year will be tarnished either way.

Reactions: 4
I do agree with the reasoning behind banning russian players but they shouldn't have done it unless they could close the loopholes. Ban anyone that has competed under the Russian flag in the last X years or who resides there or something.
absolutely - i mean, rybakina has no real link to kazakhstan beyond the fact that they basically pay for her training. she was born in moscow and lives in moscow, she’s russian. like you say, they should have made sure that all possible loopholes were closed otherwise it makes a mockery of the ban.

Reactions: 5
Agree re: the ban on Russian players and I’m disappointed Wimbledon didn’t look into these loopholes. I’m a fan of Medvedev and was disappointed he couldn’t play but absolutely agree with the reasoning behind it. I can imagine him being pretty pissed off that Rybakina is allowed to compete.

Reactions: 4
Agree re: the ban on Russian players and I’m disappointed Wimbledon didn’t look into these loopholes. I’m a fan of Medvedev and was disappointed he couldn’t play but absolutely agree with the reasoning behind it. I can imagine him being pretty pissed off that Rybakina is allowed to compete.
The men’s draw would definitely have been a lot more interesting had Medvedev been in it (and if Berrettini hadn’t had to withdraw).

It’s certainly not been a golden year. 🙁

After the other day I am not getting my hopes up...yet! haha.

This is an interesting argument. I've often wondered what it would be like to play a professional tennis match at that time of the month (the ad Heather Watson did for Always got me thinking lol). I would probably take medication to either delay it or stop it (like the pill) as I just don't think it would be comfortable! I don't necessarily think they should change the dress code just for that reason.

Tennis broadcaster claims Wimbledon's white dress code is too strict, period. - Euro Weekly News

Edit: forgot the link!

Reactions: 1
After the other day I am not getting my hopes up...yet! haha.

This is an interesting argument. I've often wondered what it would be like to play a professional tennis match at that time of the month (the ad Heather Watson did for Always got me thinking lol). I would probably take medication to either delay it or stop it (like the pill) as I just don't think it would be comfortable! I don't necessarily think they should change the dress code just for that reason.

Tennis broadcaster claims Wimbledon's white dress code is too strict, period. - Euro Weekly News

Edit: forgot the link!

No, I daren’t get excited yet 😬

They discussed the period/whites issue during the Wimbledon coverage yesterday, and I recall one of the players who went out in an early round saying that they’d struggled due to period pain. It’s great that it’s being discussed and acknowledged in the mainstream coverage.

Reactions: 3

Yel

I've only got patchy data so watching the results only, but Novak doesn't get shaken and pulls it back so often. Not getting excited yet

Although hope it lasts another 3 hours till I get home and can watch the end 😄

If it goes distance then at least we know Cam has the physicality for it. I can't stand to watch but I hope Cam can pull off the win!

Glad Ostapenko lost in dubs. Petulant brat

Yel

What's the crowd like?

It would be amazing to see that ticker since Novak last lost at Wimbledon wiped and denied getting any closer to the slam record

Reactions: 1
Well, now I have to change the habit of a lifetime and support Djokovic as I loathe him marginally less than I loathe Kyrgios. And I cannot live in a world where Kyrgios is champion of anything.

Here’s hoping experience triumphs over first-time luck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Me watching the final 🙄
as said upthread, if FORCED i will back novak but i’m probably just going to watch the f1 instead 🤣

i don’t know what came over me today but i was kinda glad novak sassed that person in the crowd who yelled out while he was serving. that’s just rude. went back to disliking him straight away afterwards though! it’s interesting that he said he’s never won a set against kyrigos, i didn’t know that but i guess they haven’t played each other much.

still not watching though 🤣

ok, I have done a bit more research and yeah, nick ain't all that funny. eeesh, prick v prick in the final

• Haha
Gutted Jabouer didn’t win 😢😢😢

And if I do watch tomorrow it’ll be a hate-watch, so Wimbledon is pretty much over for me this year 🙁

Reactions: 6
One of the worst Wimbledons in recent memory. 2010 was crap with Isner-Mahut but redeemed itself with Rafa winning. This one has been joyless.

Reactions: 2