Wimbledon 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New balls please.

Thread to discuss this year’s Wimbledon!

Emma Raducanu is playing Van Uytvanc today (now in fact). Anyone watching? ☺

Reactions: 3
Good day for the Brits today. Not sure what was wrong with Dan Evans, never seem to get out of first gear.

Who are your predictions for the male finals, i had hope it might of been Matteo Berrettini year. I am really not sure who the winner might be 🤷‍♀️

Fantastic match tonight between Serena Williams and Harmony Tan. Outstanding tennis and so much passion showing from both players. Been so great to watch.

Reactions: 6
Good day for the Brits today. Not sure what was wrong with Dan Evans, never seem to get out of first gear.

Who are your predictions for the male finals, i had hope it might of been Matteo Berrettini year. I am really not sure who the winner might be 🤷‍♀️
Anyone but Djokovic.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Poor Emma going out but Caroline Garcia was epic. Well done to Cam Norrie though 👏🏻

This Murray v Isner match is tough. Isner serves are too much for Murray.

Reactions: 1
I wondered what that ugly logo was on Murray's kit, oh it's his own merch 😆

At least it's not a terrible fit like Isna's Fila

Watching Katie Boulter today was fab! Excited to watch Cam Norrie’s next match too. Tsitsipas is a favourite of mine, scared to see him go against erratic Kyrgios 👿 Currently watching Rafa. There’s just too many players I want to follow! I was hoping for Berrettini to end up in the final but instead he got Covid. I can’t believe I used to hate Wimbledon as a kid, best two weeks of the year now 🤣

Reactions: 2
Kyrgios was an absolute disgrace during his match against Stef. Sick of the media trying to tell me he's good for the sport. Horrible person with immense talent.

Reactions: 5
Loving Wimbledon this year, and they've decided to play today too. Shame about so many empty seats - I'd have loved to go.

Haven't a clue who will win this year, as I'm seeing young players knocking out the usual top seeds.

I am so glad someone has finally beat Swiatek she is the most boring number 1 of all time and we live in a world where Pliskova also reached number 1 but at least she makes bitchy cutting comments

womens draw is wide open

Loving Wimbledon this year, and they've decided to play today too. Shame about so many empty seats - I'd have loved to go.

Haven't a clue who will win this year, as I'm seeing young players knocking out the usual top seeds.
It was pretty easy for me to get tickets last minute this year on centre court you just keep checking the ticker resale site and loads do appear.

Federer not playing has not helped with crowds and probably the fact of cost of living. The food and drink prices are a complete joke in there.

I am so glad someone has finally beat Swiatek she is the most boring number 1 of all time and we live in a world where Pliskova also reached number 1 but at least she makes bitchy cutting comments

womens draw is wide open

It was pretty easy for me to get tickets last minute this year on centre court you just keep checking the ticker resale site and loads do appear.

Federer not playing has not helped with crowds and probably the fact of cost of living. The food and drink prices are a complete joke in there.
How much are the food and drinks?

Kyrgios was an absolute disgrace during his match against Stef. Sick of the media trying to tell me he's good for the sport. Horrible person with immense talent.
agreed. he’s not even entertaining to me - some more hot headed players are fun to watch but i’m just constantly on edge with him because his shouting gets so nasty and below the belt. i’m not surprised that stef called him a bully, interesting considering that they played doubles together!

i think he’ll look back on his career with a lot of regret tbh. an incredible talent who just completely blew his own potential apart. he obviously has some decent qualities with his charity work and generosity in that area, but no one will remember that about him in the end.

rafa remains the tennis love of my life but i worry about how much he’s pushing through on that foot!

Reactions: 1
How much are the food and drinks?
It is 7.50 for a small can of pimms.

3 for a bottle of water. I didn’t see any refillable water stations that they have at Roland garros.

2.80 for a can of coke.

The food prices are shocking it was 11 pounds for this horrible bowl of chicken, then they have fish and chips for example but you cant just buy chips if you wanted a light snack you have to buy the fish also. I seen sandwiches that were also around 15 pounds filled with fancy ingredients.

I think you are allowed to bring some things in with you but it is hard to carry that around all day especially when it is hot.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Is there a thread about the bleeping INFLUENCERS etc that are being gifted tix to Wimbledon please?

I was quite surprised that the strawberries and cream at Wimbledon were about the only reasonably priced food item haha. Think it was £3.