Wimbledon 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone know who the man commentating on this match is, the one with the accent? I feel like he’s the only one not kissing Novak’s ass and we love to see it tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Anyone know who the man commentating on this match is, the one with the accent? I feel like he’s the only one not kissing Novak’s ass and we love to see it tbh.
One is Andrew Castle not sure who the other is.

Reactions: 1
i think it’s feliciano lopez (depending on the accent!) - i’ve definitely heard him on some other matches over the last few days.

wish we could see him too tbh, he is 🔥👌🏻

• Heart
So happy to see a tennis thread on here - hi everyone! :)

What a match so far...

Reactions: 3
I am so disappointed!

i think it’s feliciano lopez (depending on the accent!) - i’ve definitely heard him on some other matches over the last few days.

wish we could see him too tbh, he is 🔥👌🏻
I remember Judy Murray nicknamed him ‘Deliciano’ Lopez when Andy was partnered up with him for doubles 😂 Andy was so embarrassed hahahaha

Last edited:
  • Haha
I remember Judy Murray nicknamed him ‘Deliciano’ Lopez when Andy was partnered up with him for doubles 😂 Andy was so embarrassed hahahaha
did she?! 🤣 a woman after my own heart!

ngl i get a bit stubborn when there are brits in tennis (or any other single person sport where they’re not representing their country) and we are told that we MUST support them so i’m indifferent to norrie really. but i’m all about my boy rafa in general.

novak is a phenomenal player but there’s just something so unlikeable about him to me.

• Heart
I agree, I’m not patriotic when it comes to tennis and just support who I like! Also a massive Rafa fan.

Just can’t warm to Djokovic. Never liked him.

Reactions: 6
Absolutely this.
it’s a shame because he’s SO great to watch and, on his day, is completely unplayable when he switches on. there’s just an incredibly weird vibe from him that i cannot explain.

rafa is 🔥👏🏻😍 i love that, to this day, he still speaks english in the slightly bashful way he did like 15 years ago.

(and also he’s thicc, which is an added bonus for me personally. once was in a bar in london while the french open (i think) was on and a girl, at the sight of him on tv, yelled “that ass!” i can only agree)

• Heart
Fantastic match with Goffin v Norrie. Some incredible tennis on both sides. Pleased to see Norrie go through. I’m not sure he will get past Djokovic but I suppose we’ll see if he’s got what it takes. I also have never warmed to him. When he first came on the pro scene he seemed a bit more humble. Not so much now! 🙄

Entirely unsurprised to hear about the allegations against Kyrgios, wonder if he’ll get removed from the tournament!? 🤔

I think overall I’d love to see Rafa win 🥰

Reactions: 5
As much as I like Norrie, I think there would be something special about a Novak Vs Nadal final. The last time they played in a Wimbledon final was, I think, a decade ago.

Fab win for Norrie but cant see him beating Novak. I also cant stand Djokovic think he's arrogant and not in a good way. Rafa fan here too would love for him to win it

COME ON RAFA 🥳 👏🎾❤🇪🇸

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am so disappointed!

Can't blame her, he's absolutely gorgeous.

Thrilled for Cam Norrie, he played his absolute heart out and deserves his place in the semis. Would love to see him put Novak out - I'm not a fan.

Not exactly shocked about the news that came out about Nick K - he's a horrible excuse for a man. Can't stand him.

Yel

I don't see how they can let Nick K play today, people shouting "come on naughty nick!" again would be a terrible look.

I find the whole hospitality thing at Wimbledon bizarre. You pay £700-1500 for a Michelin starred meal and a seat all day for a court but if you're a tennis fan then you barely have time to grab drinks, food and use the bathroom let alone sit around for a good meal. Why overpay for a meal there if you're not even into tennis?

I don't see how they can let Nick K play today, people shouting "come on naughty nick!" again would be a terrible look.

It’ll be ‘interesting’, for sure.

I can’t believe the ATP haven’t booted/banned him long before now. He’s a disgrace. I was looking at his litany of offences/fines yesterday, and it’s incomprehensible.

I can’t think of any other occupation in which someone could behave so aggressively and unpleasantly, repeatedly verbally attack their colleagues, associates, officials and customers, swear, throw chairs, and refuse to do the job they’re there to do and still be allowed to participate in events.

Reactions: 4

Yel

This sums it up for me:
Screenshot_20220706-093722_Twitter.jpg

The other organisations have time on their side and can wait for the court case, sw19 has to make a decision in a few hours. I'm hoping they do boot him, after the tough stance they took on Russian players I'd think it's very possible they will.

Reactions: 4
This sums it up for me:
View attachment 1395814

The other organisations have time on their side and can wait for the court case, sw19 has to make a decision in a few hours. I'm hoping they do boot him, after the tough stance they took on Russian players I'd think it's very possible they will.
honestly, i doubt it. as said above, nothing happened to zeverev (who would likely have still been playing at wimbledon), Nikoloz Basilashvili is at wimbledon right now, playing in doubles.

kyrgios is bad for the game, his behaviour is inexcusable but professional sportsmen have been “getting away” with this sort of thing for actual decades across all sports. i mean, chelsea’s starting right back directly contributed to the death of a woman.

i’d love for them to throw him out, but i can’t see it. they’re already being fined for banning russian athletes and it opens the conversation up over all sports. kyrgiois could easily turn around and say why me and not all these other people?

Reactions: 1