Wimbledon 2022

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope with every fibre of my being that Nakashima knocks Kyrgios out. His match with Stef really sealed the deal for me that he has an utterly disgusting attitude. It was fairly obvious that his behaviour was largely to get in Stef’s head and sadly he succeeded because Stef started acting out in frustration, too. It was a horrible match to watch. I haven’t seen all of this match against Nakashima so far but he doesn’t seem to be acting up today, has he had a talking to? Giorgos whistling so excessively every time he gets a point does my head in as well, so obnoxious! 😤🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hmmm I dunno, I see a lot of immaturity in Nick's attitude for sure but I don't think he is a bad person deep down. He does a lot of charity work outside tennis. I feel like a lot of the time he is angry at himself and gets so in his head that he sabotages his game. He could definitely benefit from a few sessions with a sports psychologist! Aside from the swearing I don't think he actually done anything wrong in the match with Tsitsipas.

Hmmm I dunno, I see a lot of immaturity in Nick's attitude for sure but I don't think he is a bad person deep down. He does a lot of charity work outside tennis. I feel like a lot of the time he is angry at himself and gets so in his head that he sabotages his game. He could definitely benefit from a few sessions with a sports psychologist! Aside from the swearing I don't think he actually done anything wrong in the match with Tsitsipas.
he’s an enigma tbh! i think he’s essentially a good person, the fact that he paid and hand delivered food to people over lockdown speaks volumes on that. i just think his relationship with tennis is complicated, to put it mildly. he never even comes across like he enjoys tennis half the time, and the fact that he doesn’t do any kind of warm up is insane for a professional athlete. i think a lot of his “issues” come from him not wanting to engage with the pro athlete lifestyle and playing the pr game, and generally just having a lack of patience and a temper. i’m always a little uneasy watching him play because he never looks like he’s having a good time 🤣

like i said up thread, i do think he’ll look back on his career with a lot of regret in the end. he has so much talent but can’t keep a coach and built a terrible reputation for himself. you can’t be at this level and not warm up! agreed that he fully gets in his own head and i think he and tsitsipas just really wound each other up.

Hmmm I dunno, I see a lot of immaturity in Nick's attitude for sure but I don't think he is a bad person deep down. He does a lot of charity work outside tennis. I feel like a lot of the time he is angry at himself and gets so in his head that he sabotages his game. He could definitely benefit from a few sessions with a sports psychologist!
Agree. I never said he was a bad person, I don’t know the guy. Just that his attitude (during matches / on court / in interviews at times etc.) is often awful and he can be very disrespectful towards his opponents either directly or by being his usual disruptive self. I don’t watch all of his matches but from what I’ve seen I think he’s ‘gotten away’ with a lot at Wimbledon this year. Spitting, swearing, constantly arguing with the umpire and being antagonising. Yes he’s been fined but that doesn’t change anything for him. It’s a shame to see him have a crazy amount of talent for this game and seemingly not care. I’d love to see him become a more grounded player.

Didn't he want to be a basketball player but ended up playing tennis? the fact he got a warning because he had a red cap on is frankly pathetic IMO.

Didn't he want to be a basketball player but ended up playing tennis? the fact he got a warning because he had a red cap on is frankly pathetic IMO.
that makes perfect sense to me tbh. he plays tennis with no real enjoyment of the game (imo anyway!) - it is ridiculous to get a fine for that, but the wimbledon dress code is strict and him deliberately sitting down to change into red trainers and a red cap was very petty 🤣

Reactions: 4
Why doesn't he have a coach is because he doesn't want one or no one will coach him? 🤣
i honestly think it’s a combination of both 🤣 he hasn’t had a coach for most of his career, which is absolutely mad.

you would have thought john mcenroe would be the perfect fit for him, and he’s openly said that he would want to coach him, but nk was (unsurprisingly) not open to the idea!

i honestly think it’s a combination of both 🤣 he hasn’t had a coach for most of his career, which is absolutely mad.

you would have thought john mcenroe would be the perfect fit for him, and he’s openly said that he would want to coach him, but nk was (unsurprisingly) not open to the idea!
Didn't Lleyton Hewitt coach him for a while but that didn't last long. Hope Cameron Norrie gets through today.🤞

Can't say I'm a fan of his attitude. People say it's exciting for tennis, but don't know how. It's just tiresome after a couple times. Most people only really remember McEnroe because of his outbursts and less so for how good he was as a player.

Reactions: 4
Can't say I'm a fan of his attitude. People say it's exciting for tennis, but don't know how. It's just tiresome after a couple times. Most people only really remember McEnroe because of his outbursts and less so for how good he was as a player.
i feel like that’s slightly unfair to mcenroe tbh and i always defend him when people say it - he was a hothead and had a few strops, but he backed it up on court and also, in fairness, he rarely crossed the line and got mean with other players. i remember his rivalry with bjorn borg more than anything! nk is just out of order sometimes.

i don’t find it exciting for tennis at all! his attitude on court stinks and he goes out of his way to be disrespectful, like deliberately changing into red yesterday.

I adore Lleyton Hewitt. Those were the days when he played ❤
same! like andy roddick i think he suffered a little from being around in that golden generation (or at the start of it at least) - he probably should have won way more.

:oops:
Literally just came here to say this. I’m not surprised to be honest, he comes across as a very angry man that needs serious therapy and anger management sessions. He can be a good player and charismatic without being abusive.

Reactions: 5
Uh-oh. I can’t see Wimby bosses letting him stay but will see.
he’s the first player actually charged with assault that i can think of, so we’ll see!

did zeverev ever actually get charged? i remember all the controversy of course but i don’t think he was ever officially charged. the tour didn’t do anything about that one though so who knows!

he’s the first player actually charged with assault that i can think of, so we’ll see!

did zeverev ever actually get charged? i remember all the controversy of course but i don’t think he was ever officially charged. the tour didn’t do anything about that one though so who knows!
Looks like ATP are still investigating him for that. Would have been interesting to see if he had been allowed to play Wimby had he been well enough. Anyone know what he actually did to his ankle at RG? It looked like a nasty sprain but he needed surgery for it so must have been more serious.

On another note, I really hope Sinner can pull off a miracle today.

Basilashvili was charged but we still await the outcome.

Nick's ex, Chiara, alluded to domestic abuse many times on her IG in spring last year.

I hope Sinner can take out ND. He's a third of the way there!

Reactions: 2