Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
BP blind sided by William proposing to the girl hanging around him for a decade and nicknamed waity katy...........please don’t think me rude but seems a little unlikely.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Norbs

VIP Member
Am I the only one who was 😢 when Captain Tom Moore called William his ‘super Prince’ this morning?

• Heart

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Why are people referring to Oprah as Porka? I can only assume it's a weight shaming thing and it's bang out of order imho.

• Haha

Alightened

VIP Member
I don't know why everyone thinks Diana was so bloody innocent. I've just read The Real Diana on kindle, written by someone who worked with her and knew her personally. A real eye opener. Written by Lady Colin Campbell. Well worth a nosey at.

laurensanchez

VIP Member
I cant even look on the Harry and Meghan one. Im glad this one hasn't gone the same way.
I'm dying to read reaction to the interview last night and have a balanced conversation about it but know it won't happen on their thread here.

I would love to know the story of what happened, who cried, what could make 2 grown women argue over a kids dress and why Kate let it remain in the press that she had been made to cry when it wasn't true.

I think Kate is far from the angelic figure she comes across as.
I have always liked Kate but she is very self serving, and I think I realised it when her brother in law started a relationship and she started popping out heirs and spares like a T shirt from the American baseball cannons.

Kate was 2.5 weeks postpartum when the supposed incident happened, and Meghan was dealing with her dads fall out and wedding. Likely both stressed.

The rumour is that Charlotte no longer fitted into her dress, and that there was an argument over whether the kids should wear tights.
It sounds like a minor, somewhat ridiculous issue to cry about when you put it like this, but I understand how Megan may have been under immense pressure. Kate has no reason to cry, it was not her big day and no one was remotely interested in her. Her role was to support her new sister in law.

• Sad

cocoblush

Find it strange they do so little, a few self-serving commitments and her 'book' is a compilation of other people's photographs with her name slapped on it. They're trying to slap back after the interview, because they know the vast majority of the public are slowly turning against the royals
In fairness, Kate has done with “Hold Still” what Meghan did with the “Together” cookbook 🤷🏻‍♀️...writing foreword letters and slapping their names on these books. The contents of both these books actually came from other people 🤷🏻‍♀️. That didn’t stop Meghan fans thinking she was the second coming of Christ when the cookbook was released 🙄.

Anyway, this is a good project for Kate to be involved in (in whatever way) 31,000 people submitted photographs (it would have been a lot less had Kate not been attached to the project) and the finished book is going in to The National Archives which is a big deal.

Last edited:

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I've met William and Harry on separate occasions. Harry was by far the more charming and relatable of the two (when engaging with people he does seem genuinely interested in what they have to say). William is a bit pompous and uptight. Kate was with him and seemed to be looking over her shoulder all the time to check she wasn't putting a foot wrong ... this was only about three years ago. There have been rumours that he's a bit of a bore at home - making domestic staff watch his choice of movie when they all gather together at Christmas, etc.
Our current Queen and her father before, both could be seen as the boring ones, the safe pair of hands, and both made excellent monarchs. The Monarch is to be seen and not heard, is supposed to not cause drama and not have strong opinions, it’s exactly what you want in a future King to be quite honest.

Compared to Edward VIII, Princess Margaret and Harry, the more showier royals, more charismatic and more charming etc. Edward nearly brought down the monarchy, Margaret would’ve been wholly ill-suited to Monarchy, much preferred her partying and having fun, as would Harry.

The quiet, boring Royals make the best Monarchs.

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Let's make this clear.

Duchess Catherine > Meghan Markle.

All the Markle fans are almost always either Hollywood fanatics or leftists who think they're being good people by supporting a mixed-race woman.
Not really. I was a Meghan fan. I was delighted to see a breath of fresh air come into the royal family and delighted for Harry to have met his love.
After the documentary, I'm seeing a different picture of them both. I really feel for Harry and for me, Meghan is showing a hand that tells me she's playing on Harry's worries and using them to get what she wants.

She could have been a great asset to the royal family had they stayed. I wasn't in a Meghan V Kate camp. Both are their own women and very different in personality.
Both have their merits.

hannah123

VIP Member
Who's voting in their polls? Almost everyone I see online are starting to question them, Stacey Solomon was questioning them on Loose Women the other day, a massive public forum and the overwhelming majority of people were agreeing with her. They know that when Charles becomes King, they're going to have massive problems because he's just not as likable as the Queen, why else would they be advertising their family on their wedding anniversary?
If the internet and Stacey Solomon were any way to judge public opinions, the UK would still be in the EU with a labour prime minister and Donald Trump would never have been president. Instead the majority look at the people on Twitter just utterly perplexed by them. The UK, or at least England, is a conservative, traditionalist nation. Tony Blair had to basically be a red Tory to get Labour elected, I think the Queen would have to start a war before the people genuinely started to question the monarchy.

• Heart

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Kate would have been far better off with Harry. They always seemed to have great fun together on engagements etc
William quickly went from the handsome blonde Diana lookalike prince to a bald boring dull Duke.

I'm sure Kate does feel like a canary in a guilded cage but she can run to her mums when she needs a bit of normal.

I wonder how she really felt being landed with Diana's engagement ring? Its a ring loaded with the ghost of Diana and that awful marriage.
I get William wanting her to have something of his mothers but that ring is cumbersome, must be weighed with unhappiness and to me it seemed like an easy choice to give it to her. I didn't see any thoughtful design in a ring like meghan got from Harry.

Why didn't William choose another piece for Kate? I really think she was handy, he knew she would be a stepford wife, would have the kids,be happy with the kudos and would keep her mouth shut

Eirawen

VIP Member
I do think Meghan is casting herself into a Diana type role.
Even the video of Diana and Charles on tour in Oz being shown as a comparison to Harry and Meghans oz tour rang a bell immediately.

I dont believe for a second that she knew nothing of Harry and the BRF. They are known the world over and the only folk who know nothing of them are those tribes in the amazon that have no contact with the outside world.

I see Pippa had her baby yesterday. I wonder if Kate wishes she had Pippas life. Nice 17 million quid house, rich husband, no scrutiny on what she spends, she can come and go as she pleases.
Seems to me that Pippa hit the Jackpot and Kate has ended up in a gilded cage for the rest of her life.
Kate chose a glittering prison and I think she is making the best of it . There must be times when she wishes she was like Pippa but she went to the very top and she will stay there.

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Kate was dressed casually.

Seriously. We don't have Meghan to slate so we can go back to criticising everything Kate does? So ironic at a time when how women are treated is being scrutinised again.

• Heart

Starshining

VIP Member
I voted that there was an affair (I think), but I've changed my mind. I think Wills and Kate set a trap, complete with acting the part for realism, to see who was passing on family info to the press. The trap was successful and Ginge hasn't forgiven them for doing that to his Whinge.Thus the falling out between the bros. More fool him.
Doing a “Colleen Rooney”?? 😉

• Haha

MUALover

Chatty Member
I think William didn't want the same thing to happen to Kate as happened with his mum, but I suspect his way of doing that was to find out how much she would put up with and still want to marry him. William is a Windsor through and through. He wants the status quo. He will benefit hugely from the Status Quo. He didn't make the same mistake as his father, marrying a teenager and hoping she would bend to shape, he met a teenager and kept her hanging on a string until she had moulded herself into everything he wanted.
I think William wanted to make sure Kate was someone who didn't rock the boat. She wanted that title badly enough to put up with anything he (or the Royal family) dishes out. Kate is not that bad as future consort - she's good looking, tall, from a good family. But the dynamics of their relationship makes me wonder sometimes :cautious::unsure:

Harry is crazy about Meghan. I think Harry always had a crush on half-black women - he had a poster of Halle Berry on his dorm room - he just dated glamorous blondes because maybe that was what was expected of him. Maybe Harry isn't the brightest bulb in the room when it comes to his personal life but he didn't treat Meghan as awfully as William did to Kate.

Duchesspink

VIP Member
I think William kept kate dangling as he was waiting to see if anyone better came along or perhaps he knew that she would put up with the shit that comes with a royal life and he knew she would be glad to have the kudos of being a princess/duchess/queen someday.
I dont think I could have married a man that would think nothing of leaving me open to scrutiny whilst he picked me up and dropped me as often as suited him

Strawberry-pot

Chatty Member
A few years ago I recall a royal photographer saying that Kate was actually more beautiful in real life and that the camera didn’t do her justice, whereas the opposite was true of Diana, she was more photogenic.
I just wondered if you thought the same when you met Kate.
She’s stunning a natural beauty there’s no doubt about it! I was in shock that she was there as we knew William would be attending and then when we saw her it was just like OMG play it cool 😂 William seemed nice and friendly shook everyone’s hands, but I didn’t speak to him though as he was taken on a tour of the grounds whilst Kate stayed and spoke to us. Kate just seems natural and genuine. I think she looked just as stunning as she does in the pictures and like I said is natural beauty, perfect skin, glossy hair and straight teeth. I remember thinking to myself stop starring at her but couldn’t help it, she’s perfect😂

• Heart

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I also think William knew what life for Kate would be like. He wanted to make sure the same thing didn't happen to her like it did with his mum. I think he wanted to make sure she would be ok. Which clearly she has been unlike Meghan. Who just thought she could waltz in and take over and change the monarchy. Meghan could have modernised it but over time. She was just impatient at being second best to kate
I think William didn't want the same thing to happen to Kate as happened with his mum, but I suspect his way of doing that was to find out how much she would put up with and still want to marry him. William is a Windsor through and through. He wants the status quo. He will benefit hugely from the Status Quo. He didn't make the same mistake as his father, marrying a teenager and hoping she would bend to shape, he met a teenager and kept her hanging on a string until she had moulded herself into everything he wanted.

Carmen 6

VIP Member
William and Kate haven't put a foot wrong, really proud and grateful to have them.
Unlike that ungrateful brat Harry and his wannabe Kardashian.

• Heart
Reactions: 13