Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
Sure, one can consider that, but if that were the case she'd have been in uniform at Eug's wedding and at trooping.
Crucially at trooping she isn't even seen in public except for pics at BP windows with the kids.
Even with the Cambs in the car, eg on the way to Xmas lunch at BP, she's also not in uniform.

No reason here to "blend in", why at a Midd wedding she is in uniform but at a royal wedding she's in normal wedding guest clothes?
She's working in the same capacity at both occasions and a royal wedding commands a much stricter dress protocol than a regular citizen's, if she had to wear her uniform, it'd have been for Eug's wedding.
I wish I hadn't commented on this 😬, because I don't care whether someone I don't know wears a uniform at places I've never been, with people I don't know sometimes, but not every time. Sorry for misleading everyone! 😂

Reactions: 1

Readread

VIP Member
Kate is patron of the Tennis
I doubt that somehow! When the Roysls say 'skeleton staff's they mean about 8 people! The Queen had 22 in her bubble! In any case, even if she was ' exhausted ' her job was to make the parents and the teachers at the school feel valued and highlight their work, not say, 'yeah I know what you mean, I'm exhausted!' from her stately home with tennis court and swimming pool! The optics were terrible. She has no empathy. Dont pretend you're just two middle class parents muddling along with everyone else when everyone knows you're not its bullshit.

If I wanted to be a stay at home mum, I would have to budget to make sure we as a family could afford it, and I wouldnt have 3 nannies and several housekeepers! How much ' mumming' is she doing with 3 nannies? And if shes doing a lot, why are we paying for the nannies? Dont get me wrong, if I was loaded I'd have a live in housekeeper and a cook. I wouldnt do a minutes housework. But I wouldnt expect my employer to pay for it! She chose that position. The children was also William's excuse for not doing much work as well. So both of them are spending time with the children, for 8 years? Most Roysls do upwards of 500 engagements a year. These two do about 150. They are the youngest working Royals by about 30 years!

How do you know they have 3 nannies exactly?

vikka

VIP Member
But that’s your choice, why are you making an issue about what someone else chose not to do? This is nothing to do with whether a face covering should or shouldn’t be worn, it was a woman paying her respects & showing her support with no fanfare for a woman in her position 👏🏼
I literally haven't even mentioned Kate and gave no opinion aside from some facts on Covid and the general situation.
So I don't even understand this reply to me.

Also, no it is not my choice, as I explicitly wrote that in some towns there's a set law that masks must be worn even in the open, but a town on the other side may not have the rule and I can't be bothered to keep up with every town that borders on mine so I stick the thing on, esp as I see many other people wear them in the open even where I know for a fact that it's not a law.

Horatio

VIP Member
There’s lots we don’t know but one thing we can say for sure is William and Harry completely ignored each other at that Easter Sunday service. It was in front of the worlds press, there’s no denying it. Which would suggest a rift over something. But it could have just been a minor squabble over what to watch on TV as much as that it was about Williams affair, or Meghan.

mindlessness

VIP Member
Yeah I’m sure that’s what they will do but my point still stands about not wanting to hear them say swipe up to subscribe like they did on insta, it makes me cringe hearing stuff that the influencers say. Not sure why they need their own YouTube and can’t just post it to the royal family one or will they be posting every video chat they ever do on there.
Given those video chats are normally shared when they want to raise awareness for an issue for a charity, yes it’s likely they will share a fair few! But there are also lots of video calls recorded in the court circular that don’t get shared.
I think this is a way of creating a consistency across different social media platforms for them. Or at least that’s what their team of advisors has said! Similar to on IG them having a separate account to the Royal Family and Clarence House.

i totally get finding it weird for them to be youtubers. It is.

Ophelia

I didn't realise there was a Kate and Wills thread.

Where did the rumours come from? Was it lainey gossip who posted first? Or Giles Coren? I know other people with blue ticks posted about knowing about it on Twiiter and then all the tweets were deleted.

vretch

VIP Member
I agree. I am in the pro-Kate camp but she looks really unhealthy. At first I thought another surprise pregnancy might he around the corner but it seems she is just overdoing her dieting and excessive exercise. It’s sad because she looked extremely beautiful with those pregnancy pounds. Her slouching is probably because she is shy and often taller than anyone else. You can see that with lots of tall people. She might act comfortable with her height, even emphasising with heels but when she is in direction contact/talking to someone it seems she gets hyper aware.
I think Kate is the type who loses weight when she is stressed etc. And boy has she been stressed over the last few months with PP dying and all the negativity from over the pond. I really think stress has a lot to do with it, My sister is like that when she is stressed she loses weight but when I’m stressed I comfort eat and pile it on.

To be honest, I've never heard her speak, I'm just going by what people are saying here, so rubbish may be a bit harsh! But the thing about public speaking is that the more you do it, the more you get used to it and the fear of it fades. She was well aware of what she was required in the 10 years before her marriage, so she shouldn't really be uncomfortable about speaking to people 20 years down the line!
Hmmm that hasn’t worked for me. I’m now retired but I hated and got incredibly nervous when speaking in front of an audience. I did a lot of it, had to, and I didnt get better but never lost my job because I was very good in other areas of my work, thankfully.

Skyeball

Chatty Member
If that article is accurate then it seems our future monarch is a teensy bit of an entitled knobber.
I wouldn't swap lives with any of them and my alarm goes off at 5.45am to drag reluctant pre-teens to school for breakfast club so, that's saying something!

Readread

VIP Member
Michael doesn't wear a wedding ring in the photos from Harry's wedding. Doesn't look like Carole is wearing the rings she used to wear either. But then she was wearing her wedding set at the Portsmouth boat races that Kate was at with the kids

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I think the Palace always protect the heirs to the throne.

I believe the Cambridges are protected a lot.

It never bears out well for the 2nd in line to the throne; Margaret, Andrew and now Harry.
This is interesting but I think often the second in line starts playing up more when they get pushed down the line of succession.............Margaret, Andrew, Harry............

They’ve been married for ten years and a couple for twenty. The same amount of time as me and my OH, who I love madly still but would gladly lock in the chest freezer for an hour’s peace from the banging on about the state of our lawn after the dog’s done a woopsie on it. You don’t get to be a couple for 20-years and still simper unless you’re putting on a big show for other people. Like all of us I bet they’ve had a right old ding dong on the way to events and had to put on a brave face until they get home and sort things out in private. Can’t get any more ‘normal’ than that.
Maybe. It is just an impression that I have that she cooled off significantly.

I also think William looks very fit.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Norland aren't in control of who hires their nannies. They are a training school for nannies, once they qualify and leave, they are free to take up employment wherever they choose. Norland do place trainees and possibly have a recruitment department for anyone wishing to hire a Norland Nanny but as far as I'm aware, if you're willing to pay the money, you can have a norland qualified nanny.
Roll on Norland /Towie 😁

• Haha

Keet

Chatty Member
Only ONE nanny, quelle horror!

I mean, she has a husband, and her own extended family. Why is cutting hair once in a while and helping with homework exhausting? Because she isn't used to it I guess. Kind of ironic her whole image is as a mother but basic motherly things exhaust her. If anyone is in the bubble, I'd assume it would be household staff. As we have seen the royals are above the law so they definitely could have flouted the government mandated household rules and claimed some bogus reason to keep staff in-house. Guess we won't ever know since Kate has ascended to sainthood now.

There is a 1% chance she told the truth and there was no one to do it for her, which means a blessing that she's a commoner. If she was one of the hoity toity inbred royals they would have broken the washing machine trying to do a load of laundry!
So their staff should have been kept “in house” and away from their own families since March last year to protect Kate’s bubble abs make sure she doesn’t have to do any work?

Sunshine&clouds

VIP Member
Apparently the Cambridges used access to the children as leverage for the press not going too hard on the Prince Andrew story, which is obscene. They palace can control the narrative the press decide to print. They do it through bargaining with the press, which is why Harry is so pissed off at the press and the Royal Rota.
How do you know this?