Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Duchesspink

VIP Member
Shes been in that location plenty of times and never given a nod to her wedding gown. It was pure white anyway and nothing at all like a cream coat

Reactions: 1

Vanillaco

VIP Member
You are correct, she is definitely not liked in Spain. When I first moved there, I was interested to learn more about her from people, but they didn't even want to bring her up in conversation. In general, the former Reina Sofía and Felipe are well liked, and Felipe is seen to have steadied the ship, somewhat. JC had a bit of a cultural resurgence in his latter years when he told Hugo Chavez of Venezuela to basically STFU. The next day you could not move for the usual tourist stalls selling scarves and every other kind of memorabilia imaginable with his words "¿Por qué no te callas?" emblazoned on them. He was seen as a bit of a hero for that, one of his last great acts as king.

When Felipe and Letizia visited us privately, he took the time to talk to each and every member of staff. He was really interested in our work (this was not long after the bombings) and made you feel special. I think that is something they must teach to Royals as a lot of them seem to have this capability. Leti I felt sorry for, she seemed painfully thin. She was wearing a dress with 3/4 length sleeves and her hands and wrists were not just slim but skeletal. Anyway, she was only interested in talking to the Ambassador and not us mere mortals. She even rolled her eyes a couple of times as she was being made to wait by Felipe, who was taking his time in talking to us. Very rude, and she left all of us with a poor opinion of her that day. My colleagues attended other events with her in the coming years and said she was no different; aloof, rude to her staff, only interested in talking to important people, unless the cameras are there. Another poster has mentioned the incident in church with her daughters and Reina Sofía. It was most unpleasant and uncalled for and most Spaniards took the side of Sofía. I agree with you about not being afraid to rock the grey hair though, and yes sadly, she is going the same way as Rania of Jordan, facially.

As others have said, the Euro Royals don't seem to be trapped by the gilded cage as much, as have better lives because of it. Sofía was always mooching around El Corte Inglés department store, Felipe was a regular at Joy Eslava nightclub, and you'd stop at the traffic lights and there was JC pulled up next to you on his motorbike. Nobody batted an eyelid, they just got on with it. There is a story about one of HMQ's last state visits to Spain whilst JC was still the King; he wanted to take her to one of his favourite restaurants, but she refused because she had never been to one and didn't see any reason to start going to them 😟 So yes they have a lot more freedom. (Also, she calls him Juanito and he calls her Lilibet).

Anyway I digress 😊
Wow I e never been that interested in the Euro Royals but they sound fascinating!

How on earth can you say she isn't naturally slim?! She has always been thin. Even in the photo at Uni of her in the see through dress she's thin. At no point would you ever have described her as slightly overweight or a big girl.

You can be thin and healthy same way you can be fat and fit! Some people just can't gain weight especially the two skinny people I know and they are both healthy.

You see things completely different to how I see them then! There's a youtube channel called the Royal Family that always films them on visits and only the other day on their visits they were laughing and joking with one another. But don't forget they've been together a long time now. I rarely hold hands with my husband anymore like we did when we were first together or before we had kids! Kids always take up a lot of a couples time but they still look as happy to me and I never see her looking unhappy. I also think her public speaking has improved as she's toned down the 'ultra posh voice' and she does sound better.

I would say she's running around after 3 active kids but will probably get shot down with she has a nanny and servants but she's also a 'commoner' and so probably wants to mother her kids as she was and so I see them as hands on parents.
I also know the photo in the see through dress and would say that she is thinner now.
I did say that she was always slim, but not as thin as she is now.

Yes, it seems that we interpret / see things differently.

I haven't looked at the youtube channel and also don't think about whether she has nannies or how many, or why things might be a certain way, I just shared my observations.

I don't know any of the Royals so this is all just speculation

Readread

VIP Member
3_The-Christening-Of-Princess-Charlotte-Of-Cambridge.jpg
Royal-Nanny-640x467.jpg

Yep, this woman. She's been with them for a while hasn't she. I wonder what they pay her, does she live in with them full time?

vikka

VIP Member
Not really about Kate (though yes the wind has caught her skirt a few times and showed her bum but the wind has also caught the Queen's skirts).

But please for the love of god, no one go on this blog for a source of info. I've been in the tumblr community since 2011 and this blogger one of the most notorious for her lies. There's a whole post on her that someone wrote but some of the stuff she said is that Wills had a sex tape that only she's viewed, Kate's had abortions and she knows Harry and had dined with him.
Yeah, what she says is one thing, but she does have screenshots and all the newspaper articles (online and offline) logged, pap pictures, an insane amount of stuff. Her word is one thing, but the articles, pics and screenshots she has are a goldmine.

We have never seen Lizzie's bum though.

I also remembered wrong, I said Kate wore a slip in Malaysia a couple of years ago, she didn't. Her skirt blew up so high whilst laying the wreath, we could see her belly button.

Blurp

VIP Member
I think both she and William took advantage of that time on Wales to live as normal a life as possible. I don't think there is any chance she just pops to the supermarket now. Life is very different now they are both full time royals.
She gets spotted from time to time in a supermarket in East Anglia, mostly with the two older children, looking at Halloween costumes/children's clothes/etc. People leave them alone but the fact does get reported.

mindlessness

VIP Member
She didn’t wear a mask because she wanted to be recognised. Found it slightly odd that she was there at all, doesn’t seem to tie in with her “causes” as such. Women’s rights more of Meghan’s thing publicly.
As I said earlier, I think she just empathised. Like so many of us did. She seemed very much to be there as a private citizen imo. But I respect being cynical about it all!

By the by, women's rights is actually really a Sophie thing. She's had patronages in the area for years. Here's a video call she did for Commonwealth Day and International Women's Day:

I do quite like Kate and William, however, the press coverage of them over the past few days has been very OTT, so obvious it’s after Harry and Megan’s interview 🙄
Their school visit would have been penciled in months ago, and confirmed as soon as Boris announced dates for schools reopening. The royals move slowly and plan well in advance. It's just good timing they had a commitment in the week following the interview Convenient for them I am sure! ;)

newtoyou

VIP Member
That'll be Migraine. Sure as shit. 😂
Seriously though, sugars go too far pushing their agenda to belittle the Cambridges and eliminate any competition to Ginge and Cringe being top dogs.
Less is more.

Jesus woman ... it's the wind . THE WIND. Even Queenie has no control of that.
Nah, this person has been spreading that stuff since long before Meghan came along. Since 2008 at least.

• Angry

Vanillaco

VIP Member
People keep saying on this thread that Meghan is short. She's 5 ft 6 which is slightly above the average UK women's height of 5 ft 4.
Oh really? She looks tiny in the photos! I wonder why her engagement coat swamped her so much? She is a beautiful woman with a lovely figure but that outfit was not good!

I worked with a girl who was thin like Kate. She absolutely HATED people saying to her 'omg, you're so thin', 'are you ok', 'you should eat more'. She ate loads. She was just naturally thin even after having children. But like she said, nobody went up to the fat girls in the office and said 'omg, you're so fat'.

I think William and Kate are as happy as ever. I never see any unhappiness in her.
Yes, I also know some really thin women that are just like that. They have always been like that.
But I find it noticeable that Kate had a different figure before she got married - she was still very slim, but not as thin.

I don't seen any unhappiness either, but to be honest also don't see much happiness anymore. Even the anniversary pictures and video seemed less naturally happy and cheerful as some earlier videos/photos from when they were just married.

But I guess impressions are subjective.

JulesyEire

Chatty Member
I thought thats what it looked like! For the sake of discussion, I think most of it is nonsense. Wills is definitely a Windsor. He was born in June 1982 and the wedding was in July 1981 so 11 months earlier to a 20 year old Princess Diana. Unlikely she was shagging Juan Carlos! FWIW I think they all shag around (including William) but don't have babies out of wedlock because of the Line of succession thing.
Yes !! Someone did say William was a hundred per Charles towards the end due to Charlotte looking so like the queen!! As for Zara that took me aback!! There wasn’t any rumours as there is no smoke with out fire and all that!! Yes!! They could have children outside of marriage because they are not legitimate they cannot be in the line of succession!! As we all know accidents can happen!! Lol

vikka

VIP Member
P

Or perhaps before each of them spoke to millions of people H&M could have clarified how many conversations took place & when because they both said different things. Most crucially even Meghan said she assumed racism with Oprah playing it up because that’s her role in this whole fiasco.
They both most know they ramifications of making such a serious allegation but they put it out there as an assumption. An assumption.
William played a blinder today IMO calm & collected. Harry is a loose cannon.

The difference between 40 hours a week for a regular Joe & them is the scrutiny though. That said they could probably step it up a bit even just for public perception.

Given the number of issues amongst the Queen’s children perhaps the Queen wishes she’d been a more hands on parents. 3/4 children are divorced. I think Anne is the only one who has been scandal free (although I may stand corrected on that).
Anne used to have her moments when younger, the press was really in her face and bothering her non stop (as they seem to be in the habit towards younger women in the rf), had her scandals due to her affair(s?) (eg her RPO), subsequent divorce and was also called lazy, as she didn't do much when younger but was fully taxpayer funded.

Needless to say, I think for decades now she hasn't had bad press and is in the top 5 year after year in terms of engagements.