Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blurp

VIP Member
I am sure that Kate can rustle up s tasty dinner with the best of them. However the future Queen could not have been seen red faced in a pinny greeting the Obamas. Imagine her spending the day sweltering over a hot stove.Then panicking half way through the Smoked salmon starter that the lasagne was burning and not being able to have her hair done before greeting her guests as the home made profiteroles took twice as long to make as she had thought.
Well, that sort of dinner (plus the stylist and hairdresser) would come under staff required for the job. It may be different when it's just them and the children at home with no weekend/evening guests or engagement.

Reactions: 2

Falkor

VIP Member
Oh really? She looks tiny in the photos! I wonder why her engagement coat swamped her so much? She is a beautiful woman with a lovely figure but that outfit was not good!
Harry's pretty tall - 6'1". William's 6'3".

Reactions: 1

mindlessness

VIP Member
But then why didn’t she wear a mask like she always does? 😩 especially in a super crowded place like that with limited social distancing, etc
Probably should have had one in her pocket just in case there were lots of people 😬
Not excusing it (because she should have worn a mask) but there weren’t too many people and she doesn’t stand near other people for very long before moving on (with her female protection officer in the navy jacket following). https://www.hellomagazine.com/royal...ed-visit-sarah-everard-memorial-pay-respects/

Michellemarie

Yeah, I saw the shrug and didn’t know what to make of it. I wasn’t sure if she was just fidgeting, trying to be professional and didn’t want a PDA in front of the people they were talking to, or he just caught her off guard 🤷🏻‍♀️

Traveler001

VIP Member
Ironicaly,had she played hard to get ( i don't like to admit it, but like Meghan did from what i've heard) he would have APPRICIATED her much more and probably seen her as prize til this day.

Edit : Sorry for my spelling mistakes y'all :LOL: :LOL:
How did meghan play hard to get? I don't really know anything about the start of h&m or w&k except that w&k were on/off or something.

The same could be applied to anyone, no?
I was abroad when the news William cheated on Kate with her own BFF. It was reported ALL over Europe but the UK? Silence. A few articlesbut largely very subdued. I returned a week later, I never saw ONE story in the British press. We need to remember the Royals DO have control over the British press to a large extent and can still wield some authority on stories being printed. Which is WHY its so fucked up Meghan’s abuse from the media went on for SO long.
Yes, it can be applied to any topic. Unless there is proof it is not necessarily true even if it is being reported.

Regarding the European newspapers reporting the cheating rumour: bear in mind that those are a lot harder to sue from the UK. The topless photos were also only published in France, as it is a clear breach of privacy. The EU trash papers also want to sell-sell-sell.

Remember that Christmas lights walk the Cambridges did breaching the Covid rules? Reported in the UK, but not in Europe (I guess nobody would have been interested there).
And the apparent "snub" of Will's PDA by Kate at the Mary Berry Christmas Show? Also reported in the UK.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Probably perfect for status and class obsessed proles like Kate. I know several Arab families in London who would like them too. They like keeping staff in their place, and forcing them to wear uniform is a well known tactic.
I am surprised that some Z lister s don't hire them to try and up their game and try to be "classy. Then again it would be a step down wards for the Norland 😁

• Haha

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Meghan yes she is an apple l agree. I don't think Kate has broad shoulders either :unsure:

Just looked up the bikini photos and think she probably is a rectangle. There is very little difference between her waist and hips. She must have been working out a lot to get her stomach that muscular.

Last edited:

antisocialmedia

VIP Member
I think the rift was caused by william pointing out megzit's dodgy past regarding allegedly being a yacht girl (among other things), but Harry didn't want to hear those things.
I recall reading that after the engagement was announced a courtier told Charles they needed Harry's decision on some minor royal matter and Charles replied "No point in asking Harry, he's cunt-struck at the moment." and Charles made the decision.
Apparently Chas is rather fond of the word cunt. I bet he's using it a lot more at the moment.😉
Yes, blinded by the shiny American girl

rivermonster

VIP Member
They possibly try to see staff as part of the job rather than personal, eg a nanny as the day care/childminder/babysitter that other working parents have. Kate won't cook all the time but she does cook (spoke of roasting a chicken and having Harry over for dinner when he was a bachelor) and cooks pizza etc with the children. Diana definitely had a cook and doesn't seem to have cooked at all. When Harry and Meghan married, William joked that at least Harry wouldn't be raiding their fridge all the time so he wouldn't go to it and find it empty. It's possible that when they don't have engagements they give staff time off in the evening and weekends which would give them the opportunity to try to emulate Kate's upbringing.

[To explain, I grew up abroad with staff because of my father's job and then with the usual family all mucking in during his leaves and after his retirement in the UK so I can see how the balance can work. Unlike others, we always fended for ourselves in the evenings unless we were entertaining and needed the staff then.]
Don't know about now but when she lived on Angelsey she would often be seen shopping in Waitrose at Menai Bridge.

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Oh really? She looks tiny in the photos! I wonder why her engagement coat swamped her so much? She is a beautiful woman with a lovely figure but that outfit was not good!
I thought that was one of the few earlier outfits she got right. Although there was a programme on a few weeks ago where a Princes Trust ambassador said she wore the exact outfit to KP a few days before, right down to the shoes.

Blade Runner

Chatty Member
Love the one with the Queen’s face. You’ve matched it well.

😁

That is quite possible, and who knows what goes on in marriages? There are small children involved, so I hope both marriages last the distance, or at least a long time.
To be honest, who would marry into the royal Family if they weren't social climbers? Both William and Harry had girlfriends who had aristocratic backgrounds who they were desperate to marry. None of them wanted to marry them. They could and did marry anyone they wanted, have their own fulfilling career and not be stuck trying to remember who they have to curtsey to and when in their own family, or pretending to be interested in the plebs in return for being a brood mare for the Royals! Its probably only people who dont already run in those circles who would find that life desirable!
Well, I would have thought that the other aristocrats wouldn't have been too put off by the BRF or that someone from one of the European Royals might have fallen in love with one of the princes.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
I don't have an opinion on whether she is depressed or not however this is a ridiculous and damaging argument. Depressed people are often perfectly capable of laughing and joking.
Not in my experience. The damaging argument is people believing all this crap about an affair. It’s more damaging to their family that these lies are been spread.

vikka

VIP Member
Sorry, about Rose. I always wondered where the rumours began first. I know it's old hat but I see it was discussed at the beginning.
I see. I don't remember, but I think it was a mix of Twitter (verified accounts) and Lainey Gossip and other media picking it up very quickly.