Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
The Scandinavian, Spanish and other houses are related to the Windsors.
Through, amongst others but most recently, Victoria.
On the other hand, all the houses are also related through, amongst others but most recently, Christian of Denmark.
Vic & Chris were contemporaries and Vic was called "the grandmother of Europe" and Chris "the father-in-law of Europe".

That said, Madeleine of Sweden was allegedly on a list of "eligible bachelorettes" for Will.

On the press.

Keep in mind that UK press is required by law to have two sources who confirm the veracity of any story they run.
So if a story is in the paper, there is some truth to be found there.
No matter how much they like to pretend, but the press doesn't (because they can't by law) lie just like that about the Windsors (anyone or anything, really).

Keep also in mind that France has much much stricter privacy rules than Britain, which is why the Cambs successfully sued the French press for the topless photos. They can thank Caro of Monaco for the strict privacy laws.

Europe ran the story of Will's cheating not because of lack of privacy or whatever. If anything, Europe's rules on privacy are stricter.
The fact that they ran the story and Will hasn't sued speaks volumes, as well as the fact that the UK press backed off.

UK press running the stories of K brushing Will off or the Covid breaking thing is small fish. There have been more "brush offs" over the years between the Cambs.

Sure someone's spouse having exes and having loved others doesn't mean their love for their partner is any less, but Will broke up with K to chase after these other women and went back to K when they wouldn't date him.

The aristos and other royal houses are not only not so much into inter-marriage anymore (eg Marg of Denmark has always preferred foreign daughter-in-laws, which she got), but they also actively avoid the Windsors. Literally no woman who Harry and Will chased wanted to marry into the family or put up with the shit they'd put their women through.

Marrying into a royal house isn't what it used to be, the prestige is long gone.

On above: Other royal houses love to mix with each other in terms of friendship, holidaying together, making each other Godparents, stuff like that. They go together to the Olympics, games, have social media campaigns they run together (eg recently Vic and Fred + families for the world or Euro cup, some sports event).
It's the Brits that have distanced themselves. Liz used to have a good rapport with the other houses and Charles as well actually. Past that it's gone to shit.

Weddings are attended by the Wessexes (low on the chain, he may be the queen's son, but who cares anymore?) and the Brits are rarely at any Christenings or even Godparents.

The most embarrassing was Will and Kate not recognizing and not greeting Felipe the Spanish king at an official function (WWII memorial) a few years ago, even though he moved to greet them but was ignored, and W&K&H at the Olympics in London ignoring the Swedes (Bernadottes), even though they attended the same event and sat close to each other. Daniel etc were completely ignored, not sure maybe Harry talked to someone at some point, it's been a while, but I remember commentary back then what a shytefest it was.

So nowadays the Brits are ignored, which I have to say they have brought onto themselves, whilst the other houses maintain good personal relationships spanning generations.
that is very interesting! thank you!

can I ask what you mean with Will not suing the European press and the UK not running the story as they need to have two sources - that there were no sources or that it is likely to be true (therefore sources) and this is why Will didn't sue?

Readread

VIP Member
Their school isn't wall to wall live lessons - like any home schooling a degree of parental input is needed particularly for younger children. I know this as my children attend the same school.
Do your children mix with George & Charlotte?

EleanorRigby

VIP Member
I am SO surprised this has only made UK news now. It has been in the media in the USA and Canada since the end of March. I did read that they had taken legal action against it being published in the UK so I guess that is why?
Yeh, that's what I understand. It's like when those topless photos of Kate were published in every country other than the UK. It's nothing new, though. It was exactly the same during the abdication crisis. Every other country covered the Mrs Simpson story in great depth apart from the UK.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I'm looking on a royal family forum atm to see what I can find. I googled Michael Middleton Harry wedding & there is definitely another woman accompanying him & Carole. Very odd...
Yes, he walked in with a woman in royal blue and Carole was walking behind with her son.

81F37EBD-87AF-4C16-9B37-BE69C52E7D8F.jpeg

Keet

Chatty Member
No, they'd recognize her regardless, esp as 1 would be closely trailing her. If a second was present, that one'd be at a safe distance (keeping a close eye).
If an RPO/any security person can't recognize their protege (due to a mask) they'd pretty useless at their job!

Yeah, they all play the PR game and need it for survival, though I do like that Kate went. Horrifying case.
I was meaning more as is an unrestricted view of her face with others in the way but I can see it doesn’t matter what I say I’ll be wrong.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
My best wellies are Decathlon, detachable fleece liners, £17. But then my beach is a lot less demanding than the Cambridges' one, and also I am about the same height as HMQ while Catherine is um, considerably taller so can manage those longer boots - back OT there I think?!

50sGirl

VIP Member
I’ve just read on the celeb gossip thread that Carole and Michael Middleton split up ages ago and are only seen in public together to keep up the appearance of being a happy family. 😲
Has anybody else heard the rumour?

Eirawen

VIP Member
When the Queen dies, Charles will become King (health permitting) is what will happen. William and Kate's interviews are a tad coy but none the less they show a loving family at work and play and thats a good thing and they don't hide their children, they show them at play and interacting with their parents and peers.

A solid couple who will make a good King and Queen when their time comes IMO and are far far more genuine than Meghan and Harry Markle.

PS, Hunter wellies are soooo last year, Rydale or Dunlop Pro are the ones to have now ;)
Mine are Dunlop!!!!!

Yes! Someone said a while back they saw his profile on tinder and he didn’t try to hide it!! Maybe that could be one of the reasons for his depression you don’t know!! There again they could be bullshitting about his profile but why would they?
James Middleton has or had a profile on Tinder and it comes across that he is gay? Did I understand this correctly?

Stan

Chatty Member
Absolutely! Hunter wellies went rapidly downhill a few years ago when they shifted production outside the UK. A friend took four pairs back in 18 months because every single one split before changing to Aigle. Most people round here go for Le Chameau now. (Hasten to add I am in a farming community, not a particularly posh area!) I daren't buy them myself, because I split wellies like no one's business and I'd cry if I did that to some that cost that much - I was pretty upset when the £80 pair disintegrated after nine months. I'm on £45 Landmasters now, which seem to last me 18 months to 2 years of daily use.
I have a pair of Hunters that are still in good Nick but I’m not in the farming community and wear mine once in a blue moon to go out for a walk when it’s wet and muddy! Le Chameau are on the wish list though 😂

maxrigger

I had no idea her father married 'beneath himself' ? Still, bringing in fresh blood helps the family DNA stay healthy I suppose.

Whats the pay bands these days to indicate your rung on the social ladder? Any ideas anyone?

Vanillaco

VIP Member
William is a tall Windsor he has their big jaw and the Spencer height. Zara reminds me of her dad Mark Philips as she sounds vague and a bit thick when she talks.

She put it about later on in the marriage when the whole 'arrangement' was collapsing but I don't think Juan Carlos was involved.
Yes I dont doubt she put it about later but within 2 months of the wedding? I doubt it. She barely knew Charles when she married him, so I would have thought her mind would have been on trying to make the marriage work, or at least creating heirs. You are right about the babies too. I was thinking more about if Andrew wasnt Phil's, hed still be the son of The Queen but would he still be in the line if succession if he wasnt Phil's? I suppose legally he would be as hes a child of the marriage but I dont know how much sense that makes!