Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
I like the middle two outfits but I don’t think she’s any more stylish than Kate?! It’s all personal taste I guess?
I think kate gets it right sometimes but she has worn some shockingly bad outfits over the years, whereas Queen Latizia is always spot on

Attachments

Reactions: 4

FrostyChops

VIP Member
I don't imagine she would have deliberately embarrassed herself on the specific occasion l mentioned but yes potentially she didn't listen.

Jkay

Chatty Member
The likes of the Eccleston sisters probably have one or maybe they have an even higher end one.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Kate has never been bog standard middle class, 'upper middle' yes. The Middleton's have been around a while, been entertaining members of the Royal Family since the 1920s, she went to a very good school, speaks with a perceived English accent long before meeting William et al so never your standard middle class.
Yes they would have still gone to Waitrose but wouldn't be buying their clothes in M&S which is more middle or lower middle class. Her Dad is upper middle class and her social climbing mother is at best lower middle or even working class ancestry.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Certainly the main line is never going to set the heather on fire though William and Kate did get their anonymously marked A levels and degrees so there's a reasonable baseline.

However, the current Duke of Gloucester was a qualified and working architect and his elder brother (the Prince William the current one is named after) was a working diplomat, much as Empress Masako was. As members of a junior line, they knew that they had to find their own way, though the Kents didn't seem to have got the message at the same time.
Actually Princess Michael of Kent wrote some history books and they were really good. I was impressed by her knowledge, writing skills and overall tone. She wrote them for fun (obviously not for money) and for her own interests and passions so that is something to be admired as well. They were actually better written than a lot of real historians.

• Wow

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
I've always thought that Michael Middleton comes across as a very quiet and placid man, a real gentleman. I suspect Carole is quite controlling and wears the trousers.

Readread

VIP Member
It was much shorter back in Oct, no one's hair can grow this fast. She's been using extensions since their engagement and her hair has been throughout the lockdowns changing in length and always freshly coloured.

No one's hair can go from this
to this
within 3 months. 3 months = 3cm growth (assuming she's healthy and has good growth)

The fail is hinting at that with their headline, but they daren't say it just yet (see the apologists in the comments, which are utterly ridiculous).

Which rumours?
5f08d37e58020fc06df5f8cb6279a50a.jpg

The picture you've chosen, her hair is on her back. This is the same day. So her hair really hasn't grown that much. She could be wearing extensions for thickness but not convinced they'd be for length. However, the video she just uploaded of herself, her hair is quite frizzy. It's rare that hair extensions texture matches natural hair texture. I've worn hair extensions for for about 8 years and I don't think she has any.

vikka

VIP Member

So, intrigued I googled norland nannies. They only wear the uniform if the family requests it and they have to complete a 3 year degree plus years probationary placement. Apparently they're a huge status symbol.
And of course certain people will make sure everyone knows they have a Norland because that is the whole point. Sigh.

Kate got the life she wanted/deserved. Whether that's a good thing...

She seemed to be prim and proper but for all we know she's a minx behind closed doors. You don't tan topless at a French chateau if you are a stuck up princess. That Kate was more interesting than Zoom call "I cut my kids hair today during lock down" Kate.

It would be so easy for Wills to have affairs and no one would know. He knows there's nothing he could do to make his wife leave him. She's stuck in and that gives him a terrible amount of power.

I do wonder with technology now and the exposing culture if one of his women would deliberately or accidentally expose him in the press though?
I think that William would die of embarrassment if he would be caught doing something indecent.
The photos of him dancing on tables might be the extend of his "indiscretions".

I think that Kate dresses for her job.
Not just the topless photos, remember the roller disco she organised wearing hot pants and the see through dress at the fashion show at uni?
Even after the wedding she still wore short dresses that were flying up....

Reactions: 3

vikka

VIP Member
Our current Queen and her father before, both could be seen as the boring ones, the safe pair of hands, and both made excellent monarchs. The Monarch is to be seen and not heard, is supposed to not cause drama and not have strong opinions, it’s exactly what you want in a future King to be quite honest.

Compared to Edward VIII, Princess Margaret and Harry, the more showier royals, more charismatic and more charming etc. Edward nearly brought down the monarchy, Margaret would’ve been wholly ill-suited to Monarchy, much preferred her partying and having fun, as would Harry.

The quiet, boring Royals make the best Monarchs.
The operative word here is "seen as the boring ones". It's just a smokescreen of an image, not necessarily relating to the truth. I have read George VI cheated on Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon with her blessing, I don't know how true that is though.

I lost my thoughts a bit during my previous post (last page), because when I wrote all that about Harry and Charles, I forgot to add that William (and Kate!) partied just as hard and as much as Harry back in the day, there are pictures of William peeing in public (and his Willy in full sight!) and articles on Kate drinking Harry (and I think Will as well) under the table. Kate as girlfriend wasn't all that important to protect and prop-up (image wise), but Will as heir is and his image is being kept squeaky clean, incl that "boring (dad)" persona and "steady Will" in the past.

The truth is Will was as wild as Harry, but Harry is just the spare and a welcome distraction from Will's antics and a nice prop for "good dad" Charles. (Don't get this wrong, Charles isn't a terrible parent at all, but regardless whether he is or isn't a great dad, he needs a "great dad" image and Harry was used for that by Charles's PR; Liz II and Phil weren't parents of the year either, for many reasons).

They all have dirt sticking to them and their images don't reflect their personalities or reality, but their status and line in the pecking order.
As awful as Meghan is (truly), Meghan is the best thing to have happened to Kate. She got an image boost by magnanimous proportions and in spite of people thinking how "Kate has never put a foot wrong", Kate's missteps during diplomatic tours have been of epic proportions and worse than any "omg-Meghan-walked-in-front-of-Harry" (Harry motions to M sometimes to go ahead to be fair) could ever be (receptions in Malaysia where Kate came in sky high heels and low cut cleavage even though being specifically asked not to wear any heels and dress modestly; her skirt blowing up on arrivals, departures and at war memorials(!!) showing her bare bottom more times than anyone could count, literally ignoring other royals and heads-of-state (king Felipe of Spain, Felipe looked to shake hands but Will and Kate ignored him) and and and....!).

Last edited:

RALN

Just want everyone’s thoughts on the royal affairs that are being roumoured.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
Her shoulders are far broader than her hips and she has a little bit of a waist, but not much

Kate's a classic inverted triangle

A pear has broad hips, a bum a is slim in the upper body, which doesn't fit Meg.
I read that Rihanna is a pear, as well as Jenn Lopez.
She looks tiny in those bikini pictures - and agree that it took effort to get her stomach like that. She definitely had broad shoulders as they're wider than her hips and its more prominent because she's so thin.

I got that wrong. They just waited for her to go before arresting them. Fine if they were being violent but according to many reports they werent. I wasn't there so I could be wrong.
Kate was there in the afternoon and the arrests were made at night (after dark) - just look at the photos.
It is hardly the case that the police was gearing up to arrest people as soon as Kate was gone.

I also think that the arrests were maybe not necessary, but they certainly don't have anything to do with Kate