Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chocolate2008

VIP Member
The teo
I'm all ears for some good gossip here ;)

All I know is that Leti seems to be loved by most any royal watcher outside Spain and apparently loathed in Spain.
I never really bothered to look into why she's hated, though I saw posts claiming she's controlling, which is frankly the label most often stuck to women married into power and the gifs attached didn't have me convinced.

As complete outsider who doesn't follow the Bourbons too closely (mostly pics and then it's usually what Letizia wore 🙈 ) I always perceived her as great professional, always dressed well for the occasion (with exceptions, eg that flapper-style dress a couple of years ago to I think an old people's home?) and have assumed she's intelligent and does a good job due to her journalistic and academic background (she covered serious journalism and not some fluff during her career).

On a superficial note, I love her hair and I love how she's going gracefully grey! (nothing against dyeing at all, but it's nice to see that dyeing isn't quite a must anymore and someone in such a prominent position being so grey)
No comment on the face :censored:

So, long story short, if you know more I'd appreciate a few pointers if you know better and maybe some tea along the way if you can and are willing to share! 🙈🤭
The two girls are just gorgeous & so sweet. There was the odd incident a couple of years ago where his wife & mother appeared to be fighting over the girls in public.

Reactions: 4

vikka

VIP Member
Royal Goss wasn't shut down, the person who founded that forum never logged back in many years ago and the place went on regardless, when the software was updated by the hosting site it needed admin action, but since the admin was awol the site couldn't be brought back.
If the admin ever comes back, the old site will be running again.

Many posters there were (are) unhinged and totally nutty.

Just because someone has the "discipline" to be on a punishing workout schedule and diet, doesn't mean they have the discipline to do their job.
That's conflating two areas, which have nothing to do with each other or anything in common.

The above links of the paralympics shows Kate being present on 3 occasions (one of them a gala type event) and Will on 2, yet how present were they at the olympics? Pretty much every day.
Like Kate's always at Wimbledon, but was at the women's tennis how often?

vikka

VIP Member
Just to add to a comment earlier in this thread regarding Nannies that the Cambridge may/may not have...

I work at a place in London that Kate has often brought the children to. Though they park on site they join the other tourists and mill about quite happily looking at the things they want to see. This is during normal opening hours and done without any fanfare or special treatment. From my own observations it is clear that Kate is a hands on mum, the children are very relaxed and tactile with her. I'm not denying there is a Nanny - I've also seen her a few times with the children, but those children clearly spend a lot of time with their mother too.
I have also heard of them (usually Kate actually, don't recall any Will-with-the-kids sightings or Will-Kate-and-kids...) taking the kids places during normal hours and with no special treatment etc. Commendable, definitely.

Blurp

VIP Member
Her Dad comes from a wealthy family with aristocratic connections, Carole was from a working class background. Carol e is a social climber and I doubt if the would have been able to afford the house to they live in or send their kids to public schools just on the back of their party planning business. He had a lot of wealth behind him that's why Carol married him. Michael Middleton speaks with a cut glass upper middle class accent. What did Kate sound like before she met William then? Like Barbara Windsor? Or Cheryl Coles?
Yup, Michael is solidly middle-class and I understand that the children's school fees came from a family trust; I doubt that they would have been able to pay them just on his salary at the time. Carole is from a working class background. Kate had a fairly standard public school accent like her father but has definitely stepped it up and now outposhes her husband.

• Haha

liar liar

VIP Member
I too have got an eternity band, wedding band & engagement ring. The only time I wouldn't wear an engagement ring is if I'm at the gym. Why would she choose high profile events as an occasion to not wear her full set?
Perhaps her hands were swollen? I often take off my rings when it is warm.

laurensanchez

VIP Member
While I agree that she might be naturally shy, she had 10 YEARS to decide if that was the life she wanted and 10 YEARS after to up her game for speeches etc. She also never held down a real job in her life other than working at Jigsaw for a few months because the royals told her to and her family business, which god knows what she was doing there and how much actual work. The same can be said for Pippa - taking little tidbits of work here and there until she bagged her husband which makes me think that they're both lazy sods.
For this reason I can see William having an affair with a working woman. Someone who has made a name and career and he can talk to and be intellectually simulated.

Tea&Toast

VIP Member
No wonder Kate’s been looking depressed and unhealthy recently, it’s no surprise Will has been cheating on her from the start and she just put up with it cos she and her mother wanted to marry into the Royals

• Sad

Vanillaco

VIP Member
I think the shrug Kate was wearing in the evening was fashionable in the wedding world at the time
I think it was. My brother got married in 2011 too, and my sil wore a shrug. They did get married in November though 😄. I agree re wedding dresses. I didnt really like Kate of Meghan's dresses, but Meghans evening gown was stunning on her. I cant remember Kate's evening gown.
Edit: I just googled it. Yes that's awful and those 3/4 sleeves are dreadful!

I think the shrug Kate was wearing in the evening was fashionable in the wedding world at the time. I didn't hate the dress but it was a similar shape as in nipped in waist flared type skirt to the day dress. Something different would have been nice. Maybe she wanted it to spin whilst she was dancing.

On a second look at the bikini photos wow yes l can see how broad her shoulders are now it's been pointed out! It was hard to look beyond her was board stomach.

I think her style is old lady 👵 l feel mean but sometimes l think she wears things the Queen would wear. I don't get it. She's a young woman to be dressing the way she does. Those hats :eek:
I think she doesnt really care about fashion so just listens to whoever the Palace has dressing her. I dont know who it is, or if she has someone other than The Queens dressers. But she does dress like an old lady. Her clothes suit Camilla, who is in her 70's but she should be wearing some modern British designers and getting them to dress her properly. The Queen was wearing Norman Hartnell in the 50's and had some lovely clothes, fashionable at the time. She did get more ' twinset' by the time she was Kate's age, but 40 was a lot older in those days than it is now.

Last edited:

Annabanana40

Chatty Member
William has been very involved in climate change and created the Earthshot prize. My mum is a scientist working on climate change and she says initiatives like this have made a big difference in funding.
That's good to hear. I hope he expands on that and it becomes a really big thing. I'd genuinely like to see him really passionate about something, he has this unique position to do real good.

Eirawen

VIP Member
Nope, my view is that you can't tell by looking at someone whether they're depressed
That's true, many depressed people hide it well that is why it very often comes as a shock when a person commits suicide they are good at hiding the pain

vikka

VIP Member
Ha, that is true about the hair styles, but Kate did switch it up occasionally - had a fringe, went a bit lighter, straight blow dry, a bit shorter.
But yes, generally the same.

I think Kate and TQ look very English. Latizia is from Spain, and Jacqui from the US - different countries with different styles.

I feel that Kate sometimes is a bit edgy - the dark sharp suit she wore when presenting the Photographer of the Year Award, the leo sprint maxi skirt, the purple blouse, the pink coat she wore recently, the wide legged trousers.
I also liked her long flowery dresses - she was obviously into them, a personal choice.
She likes romantic dresses, wedges, pussy bows, wide legged trousers, the military style, nude heels - I think this is her personal taste.

I don't think Be a, Eugenie or Meghan have a similar style personality - Meghan has her white pressed shirt and skinny jeans, but that's it. Other than that it is just random designer clothing, no clear direction.
Yeah Kate's switched the hair up a bit over the years, nothing dramatic, but I am fine with that.
I'd love to see her with shorter hair more often though, say shoulder length and some more updos.

The black suit came only out after Meg wore that style a few times and K's black suit was imo one of her best looks.
Meg's style was a bit "office with an edge" at times (eg leather skirt) and K adopted quite a bit of inspo from M, she wore trousers and suits more often, proper handbags instead of clutches at all times, ditched the fugly wedges and fugly as heck spray on jeggings finally.
Meg was also more in the "sleek, simple, elegant, professional" categories overall.

From K's wardrobe I hate the most the jeggings, wedges, frilly dresses and busy prints and some of the military cosplay (though some of it I like a lot, but some of the black coats were eg too much).

I also like K's dress coats, but she overdid it a bit with what she thought to be "princessy/duchessy" and I like that she wears now more suits and trousers and long regular coats.

crouchingcat

I don't normally comment on Kate, Will or Harry but out of curiosity did Kate start writing her book first or was it Meghan?

I saw that Kate recently has been leaving copies of her book across the UK. Honestly I find it a bit much, its like they are constantly are trying to outshine/prove they are better than Harry and Meghan. Seems strange that as soon as Meghan released her children book, Kate is leaving her book everywhere with some letter in.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I think we need to bear in mind what their role is and their function.

And senior members of the royal family they are representing the country. Their appearance is therefore important, if they look good they make the country look good.
This might be superficial, but this is how it is. Look at the Obamas, the Kennedys, Angela Merkel, the other European Royals - they all try to look their best.

None of them wears anything that an actor on the red carpet might wear, and vice versa, people in show business have a different style.

in addition, once William becomes king or the old photos will be looked at and Kate’s outfits will still look appropriate in 40 years.
Same with old photos of the Queen. And Joaquin Kennedy. And Angela Merkel and Michelle Obama.

Megan often wore outfits that were crumbled aNd simply too tight.
The dress she wore at the Disney premier was too tight, compared to how it should have looked. Even the light blue dress in the iconic rain photo is too tight.
I did not intend to body shame her, but during and after her pregnancy her outfits did not properly fit and a often were too tight.
Kate always wore outfits that fit properly. Even the short dresses did fit and suited her, despite them flying up in the wind.

she also has amazing hair, even when she was in Asia it looked great. And she’s very put together and stands out, I do not understand how people can say that she does not look good.

Again, I am not a big fan. I cannot imagine that she is a bit snobbish and a bit work shy, but she does look good when out and about.
I agree she wears classic stuff that will look ok and not ridiculously dated in 30years.S he is pretty in a natural way and can't turn out in public like someone off a reality show anymore than she can have tons of Botox.

Vanillaco

VIP Member
Pure ignorance considering they often holidayed as children with the Spanish Royals in Palma de Mallorca. Furthermore, I have no idea how they did not recognise him, considering that Felipe is an actual giant. I have been in his presence several times due to consular work in Madrid and he is extremely tall. (And very nice. Letizia, not so much on both counts 😂).
Oh Yes! I remember seeing pictures of them with Juan Carlos. I was wondering if they just didnt like the fact the Spanish went so hard on their dodgy Royals as it shows them up for just sweeping their dodgy relatives under the carpet. But maybe it is just laziness.

Reraciara

Chatty Member
I don’t disagree though tbh I don’t know why you choose to call me a “hater”?!!! I don’t buy into the fake pregnancies etc etc but there’s a ton about MM that is questionable without having to reach for any extreme theory.

I think some of that interview was true but in a lot of places it was either “her truth” or even “her truth” deliberately spun in a certain way & possibly untruths or certainly things that are questionable as to their accuracy.

If I have this right they wanted to step back from being senior royals, they wanted to draft the Ts&Cs of what that would look like including them being given the opportunity to make money. The Royal family said no & they walked. So what was the point of the interview?

The racism thing was awful “if that’s the assumption you’re making I think it’s a fairly safe one”, is that a fairly safe conversation to base an allegation of racism on? It’s a serious allegation after all.
When did I call you a hater? And yeah all of the above you just said are reasonable things to criticise her about but the perfume and the fake photo are reachingand there's another thread in here you can join if you want to judge her for made up stuff

Tots

VIP Member
Unfortunately I think that is what people want. A wife who does nothing but smile, shake hands, dresses appropriately and pushes out a few babies. None of the Royals are role models to me or my children and I cant think of much really to admire in any of them. At best they are just 'there' as they always have been. Dutifully hand shaking and giving us some pomp and ceremony to gasp at occasionally. There are also other women from other Royal Houses who are older than Kate but dress better and as a result look younger. Michelle Obama was always stylish. I dont think Meghan did look that great a lot of the time. I think shes very short and was swamped in material for a lot of her clothes but I loved the green caped dress that everyone else hated so what do I know
I loved the green caped dress too. The problem with it was she wore a weird bra that you could see which made the dress look not right. But I still loved that dress and the red caped one she wore at the end too