William and Kate #7

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm surprised at so much coverage and comments on FB saying she looks so healthy. In the carriage she looked well but walking she looked painfully thin in one shot.
I'm a huge fan of hers and her outfit was gorgeous. I still feel something 'not right' apart from obviously the huge toll cancer would take on her and her young family. The kids seemed a bit subdued but it's probably a bit of a boring day for them in some respects.
I work in healthcare but not oncology but speaking to someone recently who didn't lose her hair to chemo told me her Consultant told her it's extremely rare and even the cold cap has limited success. That didn't look like a wig but that's not to say it wasn't.
I wish her well and a speedy recovery. I feel like her and William will split once she hopefully recovers.
She may be on Chemo tablets though. Which are much less likely to cause hair loss.
I haven't read anywhere that it's confirmed as IV chemo.

Reactions: 7
I work in healthcare but not oncology but speaking to someone recently who didn't lose her hair to chemo told me her Consultant told her it's extremely rare and even the cold cap has limited success. That didn't look like a wig but that's not to say it wasn't.
It depends on what cancer and what chemo it is. Bowel cancer chemo doesn't usually mean complete hair loss though it normally thins. Deborah James (Bowelbabe) said that her hair just thinned. I lost about a third all over my head but it's thick normally. If you didn't look closely, you wouldn't never think that I had cancer - if you hadn't seen me keel over asleep between one breath and the next! My reaction to diagnosis was "I don't want to die, I don't want a stoma, and I don't want to lose my hair". The doctor's reply was that none of those things would happen and they didn't. The most obvious sign that I wasn't well was when I came up with a red rash all over my face and legs but that was about it. We're used to seeing people who've lost their hair but those who don't don't fit the picture of "cancer patient" so fly under the radar as far as the public is concerned.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I'm surprised at so much coverage and comments on FB saying she looks so healthy. In the carriage she looked well but walking she looked painfully thin in one shot.
I'm a huge fan of hers and her outfit was gorgeous. I still feel something 'not right' apart from obviously the huge toll cancer would take on her and her young family. The kids seemed a bit subdued but it's probably a bit of a boring day for them in some respects.
I wish her well and a speedy recovery. I feel like her and William will split once she hopefully recovers.
Why will they split up? Nothing at all has hinted at that.

Reactions: 14
My Mum tried the cold cap. She found it horrendous, and I know others have said the same.
She was told it didn’t work for everyone and as her hair was thick, it might not penetrate enough.
She lost maybe a third of her hair.
I don’t know where I heard this from but someone told me recently that you’re less likely to lose your hair if the cancer is below the waist 🤷‍♀️
Maybe down to the type of chemo used for those kind of cancers?
I thought Kate looked tired and the older children looked like they were trying to be on their best behaviour for a mum who is/has been unwell.
I don’t agree with the idea of normal human beings being held on such a pedestal like the royals are, but I do believe W&K and the kids have been through a tough time due to her illness, and I feel for them on that score.

Reactions: 17
BIB - what makes you think that?

Reactions: 4
She looked like she had lost a bit of weight which is understandable. It was the shots of her walking that made her look more ill though. She looked quite fragile and slightly in pain.
Yes, a couple of times I noticed her looking quite stooped when she walked and when they were at the window watching she was sat down for a while which is unlike her. You could tell by looking in her eyes she’s been through something. One thing I did find odd was wearing all white, brave choice anyway, but given that her surgery was abdominal I’d have expected a safer choice.

Reactions: 3
Yes, a couple of times I noticed her looking quite stooped when she walked and when they were at the window watching she was sat down for a while which is unlike her. You could tell by looking in her eyes she’s been through something. One thing I did find odd was wearing all white, brave choice anyway, but given that her surgery was abdominal I’d have expected a safer choice.
The surgery was 5 months ago? What's that got to do with her wearing white? 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Some of the comments here are… loco. But it’s interesting nevertheless to see what people think.

As to the kids being subdued, it’s an interesting event if you’re older… but if you’re a kid? Probably a bit dull. I’m sure we all had to attend events as kids that, had we been papped, we’d have looked fed up. Louis is just getting older so you can’t expect the funny little moments of the past (which is a shame as I love them).

TL;DR… I think she looked beautiful and that she took strength in the reception she received.

Reactions: 16
Very much like the Paddington prints, leading people 'away', not a good choice, my opinion only obviously.
Hmm…I love it as I love to take pics like that myself but also no wonder she didn’t take it from the front or people would have ripped it apart and said it was fake or edited and that she didn’t even take it as they’ve split up 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The surgery was 5 months ago? What's that got to do with her wearing white? 🤦🏼‍♀️
Dunno what you’re facepalming for, if I’d had bowel surgery it’d be my last choice of colour to wear, the same with the affects chemo can have on the stomach.

Reactions: 6
Dunno what you’re facepalming for, if I’d had bowel surgery it’d be my last choice of colour to wear, the same with the affects chemo can have on the stomach.

We still don’t know it was bowel surgery though……..

Reactions: 7
I'm a bit confused as to why. Not everyone gets even a temporary stoma; I didn't. I was back in my lightweight and light coloured summer dresses within a few days of surgery even while I was still in the hospital being encouraged to get dressed to go down to the café - and everything hadn't settled down by then. Even if she had had a temporary stoma, it's been five months so she could have had a reversal. Dresses meant that a dash to the loo was easier.
---
Love this pic ❤
I do like this photo. I wonder how the idiots who think that the children are always dressed up as they were yesterday ("they never let the kids wear normal clothes!") explain it to themselves when these sort of photos appear (there was a photo of Charlotte with her dad starting a local race last year when she was also in shorts).

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I mean, Meghan did it herself by always releasing info, or her silly jam jars, or whatever on days the BRF has something going on. It's a deliberate scheme on behalf of the Sussexes.

The media coverage of Saint Kate is sickening (when lesser mortals would stay at home? how disgusting), but not shocking when we know they have had meetings in the past with media threatening them with no access if they didn't suck up.

Reactions: 9
I'm facepalming because you are jumping to conclusions. All we know is she's had abdominal surgery,

Reactions: 6