William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is more likely ( though I admit this is pure speculation) that the memorial service clashed with chemo day or a day or two either side. She said treatment started at the end of February, and when I was having chemo I had panicky days in the immediate lead up ( particularly the first cycle) and was all over the place for the few days immediately after administration of chemo. Any of those things would surely prompt William to stay at home to reassure / help.

re timing, of course everyone is different, but histology reports ( tests on tissue/ polyps/benign tumours/ pre cancerous cells ) take longer than blood test results. I found with my cancer that the doctors indicated that they had a fairly good idea that it was likely cancer ( on diagnosis) but sent the tissue removed for testing to confirm....and ditto the other way round ( luckily for me) on a post treatment check, a polyp was found, that looked benign but it was sent off for confirmation.

Also the thing I found difficult to get my head round when first diagnosed is how there still seemed to be so many waits, when the popular belief is that everything moves fast once cancer is diagnosed. I had to wait for a full round of diagnostic scans to determine the extent of the disease before treatment could start. In my case I had chemo first for four cycles, then had to be scanned and wait for 6 weeks without treatment for surgery....then needed more chemo but had to wait for 4 weeks post surgery to heal before I could start the chemo.

So the timelines for Kate, fast tracked/ private hospital or not, seem feasible.
Yes, it is my gut instinct also that the no show at the memorial service coincided with Kate starting/just started Chemo and I absolutely don’t blame William for being by Kate’s side. Purely supposition on my part but I’m sure his Godfather would have approved of his decision if that is the case.

Reactions: 22
Yes but if you are royal you don’t have a surname on your birth certificate or your passport etc - they are the exception to the rule. And to change that they would need to renounce their royal title and then do a change of name.
Their surmane is Mountbatten-Windsor - they just don’t need to use them. Edward’s 2 are Mountbatten-Windsor. Using the title in place of the surname is just what the titled do. It’s very confusing when reading history - you just get a handle on who everyone is then someone gets deaded and it’s all change.

Reactions: 6
Their surmane is Mountbatten-Windsor - they just don’t need to use them. Edward’s 2 are Mountbatten-Windsor. Using the title in place of the surname is just what the titled do. It’s very confusing when reading history - you just get a handle on who everyone is then someone gets deaded and it’s all change.
At least we don't Æthel everyone these days 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It is more likely ( though I admit this is pure speculation) that the memorial service clashed with chemo day or a day or two either side. She said treatment started at the end of February, and when I was having chemo I had panicky days in the immediate lead up ( particularly the first cycle) and was all over the place for the few days immediately after administration of chemo. Any of those things would surely prompt William to stay at home to reassure / help.

re timing, of course everyone is different, but histology reports ( tests on tissue/ polyps/benign tumours/ pre cancerous cells ) take longer than blood test results. I found with my cancer that the doctors indicated that they had a fairly good idea that it was likely cancer ( on diagnosis) but sent the tissue removed for testing to confirm....and ditto the other way round ( luckily for me) on a post treatment check, a polyp was found, that looked benign but it was sent off for confirmation.

Also the thing I found difficult to get my head round when first diagnosed is how there still seemed to be so many waits, when the popular belief is that everything moves fast once cancer is diagnosed. I had to wait for a full round of diagnostic scans to determine the extent of the disease before treatment could start. In my case I had chemo first for four cycles, then had to be scanned and wait for 6 weeks without treatment for surgery....then needed more chemo but had to wait for 4 weeks post surgery to heal before I could start the chemo.

So the timelines for Kate, fast tracked/ private hospital or not, seem feasible.
When I was going through this with my dad I remember the same, thinking everything would be treated with urgency and it just wasn’t what I expected it to be.
I don’t think there was anything in particular on that day for William not to go, he possibly just woke up and was overwhelmed at the thought of it and bottled it. It was a very solemn and serious event, far easier to go to bafta where no one is expecting anything much from you. For all I think he’s a lazy little shite I can understand waking up and just not wanting to attend an event about someone’s death when my dad and wife have both been diagnosed with possible terminal illnesses.

Reactions: 17
Negative is fine. It's ok to think they are lazy, ill prepared, workshy whatever because people obtain that view from things they have seen.
What bothers me is that people believe rumours or gossip then state it as absolute fact. Which it isn't. Two examples -
Kate is a smoker - does anyone have proof of this? CURRENT proof? Not that I've seen. People bring up something they think they saw in her handbag in a picture c.2007! But they state it as a fact and even use this as the reason they think she might have cancer now. No current evidence I've ever been shown when I ask!

William is sleeping with Rose/the Nanny/everyone in Norfolk - Again no proof whatsoever from anyone. Most cite Giles Coren which he has backtracked on.

Gossip is gossip and that's fine, but when people state as fact stuff that demonstrably isn't fact really give me the hump.
Agree, some people on here made fun of me that I don’t know she is a smoker. Guess what, no one knows for sure. People quit, some only smoke once a year / on a vacation. Zero proof. Same with the affair and a ton of other things
---
Could it be that they are trying to protect the kids so trying to put a positive spin on the diagnosis?
Thought so too

Reactions: 5
Agree, some people on here made fun of me that I don’t know she is a smoker. Guess what, no one knows for sure. People quit, some only smoke once a year / on a vacation. Zero proof. Same with the affair and a ton of other things
---

Thought so too
I don’t see anyone stating these things as facts though, just ‘tattle’ to coin a phrase.

Reactions: 5
I know we are probably all meant to forget about the bad PR and gaslighting, but did we ever get to the bottom of the supposed picture or Kate in the car and the couple wy the farm. For some reason I can’t seem to think there is more too this. I’m not saying she doesn’t have cancer, but everything that’s happened just seems a little odd.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
I can’t see why anyone should have to apologise never mind Blake Lively.
KP’s handling of this is at fault here not some American actress.

I’m sorry she is having health issues, but just be honest. 1 in 2 of us get cancer, Kate has the best medical care available to her, a procedure took place cancer was found line would have been the end of it.

And no the children breaking for Easter isn’t a reason, especially if you threw their mum under the bus for photogate and merrily sent them off to school.

I have sympathy for all going through cancer but especially those on the waiting lists at the hospital treating both Kate and Charles so promptly, it’s a hard pill to swallow.
TBF in my experiences once cancer is diagnosed you are treated as promptly as possible whoever you are. You don’t get stuck on a waiting list for cancer treatment at all. I don’t get all this nastiness about how quickly or how good the treatment for the POW is. She is a 42 year old mother of 3 young children having chemotherapy who is probably terrified she’s going to die and leave them motherless, something her husband knows all about. Cancer doesn’t care how much money you have or how important you are and it’s the same for the RF. Some peoples comments on here are disgusting TBH, it’s one thing bashing how someone looks, what they wear, how much money they spend, even the photoshopping of pictures but anyone who feels the need to bash a woman diagnosed with cancer is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Yes but if you are royal you don’t have a surname on your birth certificate or your passport etc - they are the exception to the rule. And to change that they would need to renounce their royal title and then do a change of name.
Anne signed her first marriage certificate as Anne Mountbatten-Windsor. It was photographed and published in the press at the time.

From the Royal Family's own website (my bolding):

The effect of the declaration was that all The Queen's children, on occasions when they needed a surname, would have the surname Mountbatten-Windsor.

For the most part, members of the Royal Family who are entitled to the style and dignity of HRH Prince or Princess do not need a surname, but if at any time any of them do need a surname (such as upon marriage), that surname is Mountbatten-Windsor.

The surname Mountbatten-Windsor first appeared on an official document on 14 November 1973, in the marriage register at Westminster Abbey for the marriage of Princess Anne and Captain Mark Phillips.

Reactions: 4
TBF in my experiences once cancer is diagnosed you are treated as promptly as possible whoever you are. You don’t get stuck on a waiting list for cancer treatment at all. I don’t get all this nastiness about how quickly or how good the treatment for the POW is. She is a 42 year old mother of 3 young children having chemotherapy who is probably terrified she’s going to die and leave them motherless, something her husband knows all about. Cancer doesn’t care how much money you have or how important you are and it’s the same for the RF. Some peoples comments on here are disgusting TBH, it’s one thing bashing how someone looks, what they wear, how much money they spend, even the photoshopping of pictures but anyone who feels the need to bash a woman diagnosed with cancer is scraping the bottom of the barrel.
Sadly I don’t think you are, it’s not so much who you are but where you live. It’s possible to feel empathy for Kate but also angry at the injustice in the availability of treatment. We have to fight just to get to see a doctor to discuss our concerns, the delays in treatment often start at the very beginning before diagnosis. It can take so long to see a dr, then get a referral, especially if cancer isn’t immediately suspected. It just brings it home to people how difficult it is for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Even if Kate wasn’t royal her parents are rich and she would probably have married a millionaire like her sister did so she would have still gone private and got better treatment.

I don’t begrudge rich people their better lifestyles.

Reactions: 32
noone is more deserving of 'better' or faster cancer treatment than the the next ,however I wouldnt begrudge anyone in the priviliaged position of being able to access the best of the best when it comes to health care .My view is ,a person saved from dying of cancer is a person saved from dying of cancer and that is a win regardless .

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I'm not remotely 'rich' however I have prioritized private health care over other
Sadly I don’t think you are, it’s not so much who you are but where you live. It’s possible to feel empathy for Kate but also angry at the injustice in the availability of treatment. We have to fight just to get to see a doctor to discuss our concerns, the delays in treatment often start at the very beginning before diagnosis. It can take so long to see a dr, then get a referral, especially if cancer isn’t immediately suspected. It just brings it home to people how d.ifficult it is for them.
I cannot speak about the Princess of Wales situation (as none of us can), however even with private health insurance the wait time to see a consultant and get tests carried out is long and not the immediate care/appointment that many think. I speak from experience.

Reactions: 13
As I’ve said, I’m not keen on William. But I do feel for him right now because he must be really triggered by the thought that his own children could lose their mother just like he did. Hopefully that won’t happen.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I know we are probably all meant to forget about the bad PR and gaslighting, but did we ever get to the bottom of the supposed picture or Kate in the car and the couple wy the farm. For some reason I can’t seem to think there is more too this. I’m not saying she doesn’t have cancer, but everything that’s happened just seems a little odd.
The simplest explanation is usually the correct one. The sightings you mention were never confirmed as her anyway so they’re not really important now that we know what happened.

I thought it would be some sort of health issue - I hoped it wouldn’t be as serious as cancer. I have zero doubts. In her very distinctive voice, she was as vulnerable as anyone could possibly be. Despite the fact I’m not a royalist, I found it heartbreaking actually.

Reactions: 21
They won't stop because they are either online grifters making money from this tit, or use this stuff as an extension of their personal, political or social identity. A lot of the folks going hysterical online are people with a frankly psychotic axe to grind against the royal family as whole.

You also cannot logic and rationalize people out of what was originally an irrational, unhinged, emotion-based thought process. Mostly, a dupe confronted with evidence they were stupid or wrong to a catastrophic degree digs deeper into their irrationality, or constructs an even more fantastical set of beliefs to explain the discrepancy. Princess Diana post-death attracts emotionally unhinged nutbags to the rate she almost THE litmus test for being unhinged. Chemtrails come a distant second.

People who are prone to deep conspiratorial thinking are just lost souls looking for meaning or control, some are mentally ill to a degree that need treatment, and grifters are just grifters who will just pivot to another set of nonsense. The point of it is eventually to encase the entire world in the grand conspiracy and sell people the idea that they are the clever ones for seeing it and being set apart for the 'sheeple' or equivalent dismissive term.

Having once - years ago - been part of a simple online prank to convince someone their idiot conviction that Sandy Hook was a hoax, and seeing the prank - which was meant to demonstrate that 'evidence' such as online timestamps can be easily altered by people with the correct permission such as a forum owner, become 'evidence' for a group of Sandy Hook Hoax conspiracy loon despite telling them that is was indeed a prank, taught me a lot. People buy into this stuff out of emotion and disordered personalities, not out of logic. So you cannot back them out of it via logic either. Most of them will just cycle through this stuff until they're dead or get treated for their mental issues.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Sadly I don’t think you are, it’s not so much who you are but where you live. It’s possible to feel empathy for Kate but also angry at the injustice in the availability of treatment. We have to fight just to get to see a doctor to discuss our concerns, the delays in treatment often start at the very beginning before diagnosis. It can take so long to see a dr, then get a referral, especially if cancer isn’t immediately suspected. It just brings it home to people how difficult it is for them.
I found lumps in my breast. Couldn't get a GP appointment in my own surgery so I got on a train and went to a different county, walked into a surgery, requested an appointment as a visitor on holiday, was seen within under 2 hours, and put on the 2 week pathway in my home area, and was home again by the evening. Think out of the box if you can't get an appointment. It isn't impossible, and it shouldn't be so difficult, but there are ways around it with the NHS currently as it is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
they are the clever ones for seeing it and being set apart for the 'sheeple' or equivalent dismissive term.
This, they often think they're smart for going against the grain when it's quite the opposite.

If you interact with conspiracy stuff on social media it starts the algorithm showing you more so people get (unknowingly) encased in a bubble of it.

They'll talk about doing "research", which will be posts by randoms on social media saying nonsense or blatant propaganda from unreliable sources. While it was on the air so many were swallowing up Russia today as "the truth" and would go on about main stream media lying. When to anyone with common sense Putin's mouthpiece was always a grain of truth mixed in with a lot of pure fiction.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This, they often think they're superior for going against the grain when it's quite the opposite.

If you interact with conspiracy stuff on social media it starts the algorithm showing you more so people get (unknowingly) encased in a bubble of it.

They'll talk about doing "research", which will be posts by randoms on social media saying nonsense or blatant propaganda from unreliable sources. While it was on the air so many were swallowing up Russia today as "the truth" and would go on about main stream media lying. When to anyone with common sense Putin's mouthpiece was always a grain of truth mixed in with a lot of pure fiction.
The algorithm is scary. When I first ventured onto tik tok for a look I had a look at a a couple of ballet things because the videos were impressive and I had seen them elsewhere and always wanted to know more about ballet. Then I clicked on one of those eat an a day ballerina posts. This was a few years back. I didn’t go on again for several days or maybe weeks, and then when I went on I was getting quite concerning competitive under- eating posts. This was a while back before I understood algorithms.
now I just go onto food tik tok so don’t get any of that but I can see how the algorithm could destroy someone.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Then I clicked on one of those eat an a day ballerina posts. This was a few years back. I didn’t go on again for several days or maybe weeks, and then when I went on I was getting quite concerning competitive under- eating posts. This was a while back before I understood algorithms.
now I just go onto food tik tok so don’t get any of that but I can see how the algorithm could destroy someone.
It's beyond toxic and I'm not sure how any government will ever tackle it. I stay away from the big tech algorithm stuff. Forums are old school and of course not perfect but you're somewhat in control of what you see rather than being spoon fed stuff by an algorithm that all it cares about is keeping you on their platform. Forums and group chats are my social media.

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.