William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also Royals don’t have actual last names. So William Wales, Eugenie York etc are just something sensible to use for schooling or when in the military (Harry Wales) basically.
Kate Middleton is just something media used. And not crazy given she got married around 30, so it’s what the public were introduced to her as. Unlike lady Di who became the princess of wales at age 20.
Can we move on from talking about her name??!!

Reactions: 11
Mountbatten-Windsor I thought the Queen changed it to
Willy Mountbatten Windsor does have a certain ring to it.
---
Also Royals don’t have actual last names. So William Wales, Eugenie York etc are just something sensible to use for schooling or when in the military (Harry Wales) basically.
Kate Middleton is just something media used. And not crazy given she got married around 30, so it’s what the public were introduced to her as. Unlike lady Di who became the princess of wales at age 20.
Annoying conversations tend to run and run!

Have they confirmed Charles has prostate cancer now? As in specifically prostate, not just general ‘cancer’.

Reactions: 3
No one can predict a person’s individual response to chemotherapy treatment. You may have an excellent response, or a poor one. This will obviously have a significant baring on treatment going forward as well as outcomes.
Perhaps the delay was to gauge likely treatment effectiveness (through scans) prior to making an announcement, although the time scale perhaps doesn’t fit.
The uncertainty heightens fear and anxiety. It’s very scary.
I can fully understand why they wanted time to process and choose the best period to tell their children.
Also, no one going through cancer has to be a ‘warrior’, advocate or anything else, whether they’re in the public eye or not. Some choose that, which is great, while for some, it’s the last thing they would want.
I’m not a royalist btw, so this isn’t a defence, just a possible scenario.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Nobody to my knowledge has ever shown anything that actually shows that the alleged ambulances involved any member of the riyal household, let alone Kate
Quite. There was an ambulance a couple streets away from the London hospital. Someone uploaded it and social media ran with it o_O

Reactions: 6
Willy Mountbatten Windsor does have a certain ring to it.
---

Annoying conversations tend to run and run!

Have they confirmed Charles has prostate cancer now? As in specifically prostate, not just general ‘cancer’.
No, they've specifically said it isn't prostate cancer. It was just found when he had treatment for an enlarged prostate.

No one can predict a person’s individual response to chemotherapy treatment. You may have an excellent response, or a poor one. This will obviously have a significant baring on treatment going forward as well as outcomes.
Perhaps the delay was to gauge likely treatment effectiveness (through scans) prior to making an announcement, although the time scale perhaps doesn’t fit.
I can fully understand why they wanted time to process and choose the best period to tell their children.
Also, no one going through cancer has to be a ‘warrior’, advocate or anything else, whether they’re in the public eye or not. Some choose that, which is great, while for some, it’s the last thing they would want.
I’m not a royalist btw, so this isn’t a defence, just a possible scenario.
Couldn’t agree more with your last statement, I hope that if, and when, she comes back to work that nothing is expected of her in regards to this illness, its effects on her and her future plans regarding it. If she wants to champion the cause and help raise awareness, amazing, if she never wants to say the word cancer out loud again then that’s absolutely her right.

Reactions: 19
100% agree. I had BC and so far have been lucky 🤞 as the chemo I had before surgery worked for me. When they operated and did the histology it had gone. I wasn’t a warrior, I just did what I was told.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
When was it confirmed he missed the memorial service because that’s the day she got her results saying cancer?

I think the worship comes into it because no one else is allowed to say anything negative about them.
Negative is fine. It's ok to think they are lazy, ill prepared, workshy whatever because people obtain that view from things they have seen.
What bothers me is that people believe rumours or gossip then state it as absolute fact. Which it isn't. Two examples -
Kate is a smoker - does anyone have proof of this? CURRENT proof? Not that I've seen. People bring up something they think they saw in her handbag in a picture c.2007! But they state it as a fact and even use this as the reason they think she might have cancer now. No current evidence I've ever been shown when I ask!

William is sleeping with Rose/the Nanny/everyone in Norfolk - Again no proof whatsoever from anyone. Most cite Giles Coren which he has backtracked on.

Gossip is gossip and that's fine, but when people state as fact stuff that demonstrably isn't fact really give me the hump.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Negative is fine. It's ok to think they are lazy, ill prepared, workshy whatever because people obtain that view from things they have seen.
What bothers me is that people believe rumours or gossip then state it as absolute fact. Which it isn't. Two examples -
Kate is a smoker - does anyone have proof of this? CURRENT proof? Not that I've seen. People bring up something they think they saw in her handbag in a picture c.2007! But they state it as a fact and even use this as the reason they think she might have cancer now. No current evidence I've ever been shown when I ask!

William is sleeping with Rose/the Nanny/everyone in Norfolk - Again no proof whatsoever from anyone. Most cite Giles Crown which he has backtracked on.

Gossip is gossip and that's fine, but when people state as fact stuff that demonstrably isn't fact really give me the hump.
It's a known fact that Giles Corben admits he made the rumour up. He's a friend of MM suprise suprise.

• Heart
The descents of the Queen and Philip have the surname Mountbatten-Windsor whatever their Title. Mountbatten is the family name Philip adopted when he renounced his Greek/Danish titles to marry the Queen. His mother was Princess Alice of Battenburg, and Battenberg was anglicised to Mountbatten about the same time as a George V decided a switching the family name from Saxe-Coberg-Gotha to Windsor was a wise move in light of events. The Queen added it so that their children would have Philip’s name as well as hers.

Reactions: 5
When was it confirmed he missed the memorial service because that’s the day she got her results saying cancer?
It was reported quite widely on the day she did her announcement. I'm sure I remember the BBC reporting it as well as other less credible sources.

All that I’ve heard is it was about the same time so not confirmed but the timescales seem reasonable
Yes I can’t find any definite statement from KP about it and it sounds more like the press are just assuming? Was just wondering because now people are saying 6 weeks to wait for the results is too long for private healthcare?

Reactions: 1
Yes I can’t find any definite statement from KP about it and it sounds more like the press are just assuming? Was just wondering because now people are saying 6 weeks to wait for the results is too long for private healthcare?
The Royal Reporters and press definitely implied the 2 were linked. I don’t believe William would have missed the ceremony without good reason.

Reactions: 9
I think they’re just assuming and probably getting a nudge from KP to report that to get the heat of William for missing the memorial. Say she did find out that day, I’m sure she had an appointment or meeting with her medical team scheduled to get results, so why did William only pull out less than an hour before? They would have known before that she had an important meeting. Maybe William did still have a legit reason for missing that day, perhaps Kate was incredibly sick or some other emergency, but I don’t believe that was the day that they found out.

Reactions: 7
The descents of the Queen and Philip have the surname Mountbatten-Windsor whatever their Title. Mountbatten is the family name Philip adopted when he renounced his Greek/Danish titles to marry the Queen. His mother was Princess Alice of Battenburg, and Battenberg was anglicised to Mountbatten about the same time as a George V decided a switching the family name from Saxe-Coberg-Gotha to Windsor was a wise move in light of events. The Queen added it so that their children would have Philip’s name as well as hers.
Yes but if you are royal you don’t have a surname on your birth certificate or your passport etc - they are the exception to the rule. And to change that they would need to renounce their royal title and then do a change of name.

Reactions: 2
Even with nhs if you’re on the 2WW pathway or on the urgent (2weeks) , biopsies are fast tracked through at labs and discussed at the following weeks MDT Meeting

Reactions: 4
During the BBC bulletin that followed Kate's message, a package put those 2 events together, but only on the basis of "it seems that..."
I remember thinking, "where did they get that line? Kate didn't say that..."

It is more likely ( though I admit this is pure speculation) that the memorial service clashed with chemo day or a day or two either side. She said treatment started at the end of February, and when I was having chemo I had panicky days in the immediate lead up ( particularly the first cycle) and was all over the place for the few days immediately after administration of chemo. Any of those things would surely prompt William to stay at home to reassure / help.

re timing, of course everyone is different, but histology reports ( tests on tissue/ polyps/benign tumours/ pre cancerous cells ) take longer than blood test results. I found with my cancer that the doctors indicated that they had a fairly good idea that it was likely cancer ( on diagnosis) but sent the tissue removed for testing to confirm....and ditto the other way round ( luckily for me) on a post treatment check, a polyp was found, that looked benign but it was sent off for confirmation.

Also the thing I found difficult to get my head round when first diagnosed is how there still seemed to be so many waits, when the popular belief is that everything moves fast once cancer is diagnosed. I had to wait for a full round of diagnostic scans to determine the extent of the disease before treatment could start. In my case I had chemo first for four cycles, then had to be scanned and wait for 6 weeks without treatment for surgery....then needed more chemo but had to wait for 4 weeks post surgery to heal before I could start the chemo.

So the timelines for Kate, fast tracked/ private hospital or not, seem feasible.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.