William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As I’ve said, I’m not keen on William. But I do feel for him right now because he must be really triggered by the thought that his own children could lose their mother just like he did. Hopefully that won’t happen.
When you lose a parent so young, it doesn't take a cancer diagnosis to trigger you, you're permanently terrified that everybody you care about is going to die even if they get a cold.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
It's beyond toxic and I'm not sure how any government will ever tackle it. I stay away from the big tech algorithm stuff. Forums are old school and of course not perfect but you're somewhat in control of what you see rather than being spoon fed stuff by an algorithm that all it cares about is keeping you on their platform. Forums and group chats are my social media.
My brother had become a complete conspiracy nut since Covid. It’s happened to so many people. I think lock down drove some people mad, spending hours on twitter.

He used to get his flu shot every year and works for a pharmaceutical company and now he has refused to get his 2 year old any vaccines. He gone totally anti immigration and is like a different person.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I know we are probably all meant to forget about the bad PR and gaslighting, but did we ever get to the bottom of the supposed picture or Kate in the car and the couple wy the farm. For some reason I can’t seem to think there is more too this. I’m not saying she doesn’t have cancer, but everything that’s happened just seems a little odd.
No but did you see this...

'There is growing concern in Whitehall that hostile states could be involved in fuelling wild conspiracy theories and rumours regarding the Princess of Wales' health.'

I'm more interested in which posters are 'hostile states' tbh 🔍 Any idea luv?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wonder whether Catherine was getting so thin from 2022 because she was already ill. Weight loss is often a symptom, isn't it?
I'm sure if there was cause for concern a couple of years ago her doctors would have investigated it. She's always been slim and sporty in my opinion. It's perfectly possible to be slim/thin and healthy. It shouldn't be seen as a bad thing and can certainly help when undergoing scans as organs are much easier to locate and see.

Reactions: 9
I'm sure if there was cause for concern a couple of years ago her doctors would have investigated it. She's always been slim and sporty in my opinion. It's perfectly possible to be slim/thin and healthy. It shouldn't be seen as a bad thing and can certainly help when undergoing scans as organs are much easier to locate and see.
I don't see being slim (or even very slim) as a cause for concern, but it seemed that she lost weight and then there was also the additional stress of PP and QE2 passing and other family issues.

You are right, doctors would have investigated it, but maybe something slipped through the net.

It seemed to happen so suddenly.

Reactions: 8
Whenever I look at YouTube it’s only a matter of time before right wing stuff starts appearing unsolicited. Even on instagram I get shown right wing American quiverfull family propaganda without following it

Reactions: 4
Unusual and significant weight loss is an indicator to take a look at what’s going on. It was the trigger for my Dad to get on his cancer pathway. Unusual and significant weight loss is indeed sudden.

Reactions: 11
What I don't get are so many adults assuming if you criticise William and/or Kate, you must love Harry and Meghan. And vice versa. It's entirely possible to be ambivalent towards all of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 56
No but did you see this...

'There is growing concern in Whitehall that hostile states could be involved in fuelling wild conspiracy theories and rumours regarding the Princess of Wales' health.'

I'm more interested in which posters are 'hostile states' tbh 🔍 Any idea luv?
Check out ‘Who trolled Amber Herd’ podcast for some ideas on that more generally.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Anne signed her first marriage certificate as Anne Mountbatten-Windsor. It was photographed and published in the press at the time.

From the Royal Family's own website (my bolding):
Yeah she doesn’t need one, she just chose to style it that way. She is the princess royal and didn’t need to.

The descents of the Queen and Philip have the surname Mountbatten-Windsor whatever their Title. Mountbatten is the family name Philip adopted when he renounced his Greek/Danish titles to marry the Queen. His mother was Princess Alice of Battenburg, and Battenberg was anglicised to Mountbatten about the same time as a George V decided a switching the family name from Saxe-Coberg-Gotha to Windsor was a wise move in light of events. The Queen added it so that their children would have Philip’s name as well as hers.
I will respectfully disagree. Anyone with who is HRH doesn’t have a surname as such. But the descendants of the Queen and PP are entitled to use “Mountbatten-Windsor” if and when they see fit. It is the surname of male lines without a title, but there are no such examples besides Archie, but he is now Prince Archie as a grandchild of the reigning monarch. You’d need an act of parliament to change that.
---
She wasn’t the Princess Royal back then, remember her being made it.
She has been HRH Princess Anne since birth as the granddaughter of King George. . I guess I misspoke by saying Princess Royal. I will have to double check when she got that title… no princess royal she has had since Elizabeth became sovereign, so definitely well before she herself got married. Any child or grandchild of sovereign is a prince or princess (their first name), as opposed to Kate who is Catherine, Princess of wales. The eldest daughter of the sovereign is also the princess royal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
My brother had become a complete conspiracy nut since Covid. It’s happened to so many people. I think lock down drove some people mad, spending hours on twitter.

He used to get his flu shot every year and works for a pharmaceutical company and now he has refused to get his 2 year old any vaccines. He gone totally anti immigration and is like a different person.
I know its OT for this thread, but I know a few well todo, clever people who are now the same. Stopping medication that keeps them well and imploring others to do the same. Conspiracies around Politics and immigration, technology and medicine too. Prior to Covid they were very level headed people, but it feels like they had too much time on their hands to start reading things that are on the face of it, pure fiction, and believing without doing their own due diligence.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I posted something on this theme a thread back and got quite a lot of laughing emojis. It is clear that there is a lot of social engineering going on by these foreign states. That is why we have to be so careful about TikTok.
Kts not just KateGate, it’s SussexvsCambridge, it’s TrumpvsBiden and it’s Covid conspirators. It arguably started with the faffing around Brexit in this country. Quite scary.
IMG_8539.jpeg

on Twitter they are now suggesting the statement by the PoW was deepfake and saying her ring disappears in shot. It’s motion blur. Twitter has added a community note already.

Reactions: 13
When you lose a parent so young, it doesn't take a cancer diagnosis to trigger you, you're permanently terrified that everybody you care about is going to die even if they get a cold.
He was 15 years old when Diana died in a car crash. Far beyond the age of getting scared someone might die because they're ill. I was 7 and had a parent die and old enough to not link minor illnesses with risk of death (not that cancer is a minor illness but picking up on the point made in the quoted post).

If triggered by anything it should be by not wearing seat belts and getting in a car with a driver who might have been drinking.

Reactions: 6
I will respectfully disagree. Anyone with who is HRH doesn’t have a surname as such. But the descendants of the Queen and PP are entitled to use “Mountbatten-Windsor” if and when they see fit. It is the surname of male lines without a title, but there are no such examples besides Archie, but he is now Prince Archie as a grandchild of the reigning monarch. You’d need an act of parliament to change that.
---

She has been HRH Princess Anne since birth as the granddaughter of King George. . I guess I misspoke by saying Princess Royal. I will have to double check when she got that title… no princess royal she has had since Elizabeth became sovereign, so definitely well before she herself got married. Any child or grandchild of sovereign is a prince or princess (their first name), as opposed to Kate who is Catherine, Princess of wales. The eldest daughter of the sovereign is also the princess royal.
Anne was created Princess Royal in 1987. It’s not automatic on the parent being monarch.
Edward and Sophie’s two are both Mountbatten-Windsor.

Reactions: 8
No, she became it in 1987, I remember it happening, well after she married. It’s not automatic at all.
---
Anne was created Princess Royal in 1987. It’s not automatic on the parent being monarch.
Sorry, have double posted, didn’t see your post (but we do agree😂)

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I was going to say it was in the 80s, I remember it being done and thinking what an odd title it was as she was already a Princess and Royal, as a teenager I thought it was rather daft to be honest.

Reactions: 6
I’ve seen people saying that if you don’t believe that Kate was responsible for everything that came out before she said that she has cancer, you’re a misogynist. Apparently because she’s the Princess of Wales, she is KP so any slight directed at KP is a slight at her. Tell that to Diana, pow. When she was pow, how much agency did she have?? Not a lot by all accounts in her own words and other people’s.

Also the people saying that Harry threw Kate under the bus - that’s not how I read it. Apparently if you think so, that makes you a ‘Sussex supporter’. Harry said that Kate had been upset because Meghan suggested K had baby brain and they weren’t close enough for her to make a comment like that. Maybe I don’t read things the same way as other people 😩 but the way I read it was that Harry thought cultural differences in America caused some of the discomfort between Kate & Meghan and that he felt it was sad the four of them were now arguing. I suppose the things he said about William were more harsh but that’s another topic.

People seem to forget that there was a period of time where these couples were called ‘the fab four’. No doubt by the hardcore royalists who think everything is black and white with no room for nuance.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.