William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know. I didn’t watch it tbh, I was just going off the posts on here but if I thought by saying California it was implying H&M then I’m sure others thought the same too.
No idea where TMZ et al are based. 😳
TMZ are based in LA, I think.

Reactions: 4
It’s absolutely ludicrous for anyone to imply H&M were involved in trying to obtain Kate’s medical records.
Honestly that needs to go in the same bin as the conspiracy theories that have been spouted in recent weeks.
I mean, the obvious motivation for going into a famous person's records is to sell the info to the gutter press for a tidy sum. TMZ particularly is the obvious for approaching with stuff like that. They do have sources in hospitals in the US who leak stuff about famous people when giving birth or ill, it's vile.

I've worked in areas with records pertaining to multiple famous people on the system and it was always the case that all accesses were tracked and accessing anything outside your own area for work purposes was flagged, and any untoward access of sensitive files would trigger an alert that would lead to the accessor being marched off site that hour. Everyone knew this, but people STILL did it, often out of sheer dumb nosiness. Sometimes it wasn't even famous people - it was people trying to access their relative's data or a friend's due to a grudge or simple curiosity. Same thing, fired the same day. Gone.

I can perfectly believe some idiot employed by a hospital tried to access the PoW's medical data either out of personal greed or being sucked into a conspiracy web and thinking they were some kind of hero in doing so, because that crap happens way too often when it comes to far less famous people and for far less reason. People throw away their careers over this stuff a lot, it's utterly bizarre,

Reactions: 17
or Battenberg, as the Windsors were before the war.
The Windsors were Saxe-Coburg-Gotha from Prince Albert before George V changed to Windsor during WW1.

The Battenbergs were minor German princes who married into the British royal family twice - Victoria and Albert's daughter and granddaughter. Prince Louis of Battenberg was a Royal Navy officer who became First Sea Lord (and the officer on the spot who first got sailors to pull the royal funeral gun carriage when the horses pulling Victoria's coffin spooked on the way to the Isle of Wight harbour). He lost his career due to being born German and became Mountbatten and Marquess of Milton Haven. He was Prince Philip's maternal grandfather and Philip took the Mountbatten name when he renounced his Greek and Danish titles, succession to those thrones (and the British throne) and took British nationality in 1947. Presumably his father's family name of Glücksburg wasn't diplomatic at the time; the Danish royals don't have a surname but are of the house of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg which doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

The late Queen Elizabeth changed the royal family name to Mountbatten-Windsor to include Philip. Princess Anne was the first to use it when she signed the marriage register as Anne Mountbatten-Windsor at her first wedding. All those descended from Elizabeth and Philip are Mountbatten-Windsors - such as Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor - and those descended from George V such as the Kents and Gloucesters are Windsor - such as Lady Amelia Windsor and Lord Frederick Windsor. The royal family website makes it clear:

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Why are people still having a melt down about the mother's day photo? I don't get why it matters 😂

Catherine wasn't well, we were told she would be recovering until April. It's very plausible that they weren't expecting it to be cancer, but tests showed that sadly it is. Even if the doctors were concerned initially, they need to protect their children and 'what ifs' are completely irrelevant. Imagine if they'd said in Jan, "Catherine is having surgery and it may be cancer, we've told the kids and explained mummy is very poorly" then 2 months later "haha, no great news, I'm fine". That would have been crazy to subject your kids to that.

KP will have known a photo was expected on mother's day, as they normally post something. Apparently a photo was photoshopped and posted.

Why do people care so much?
Why does it matter?
Why is it a PR duck up?

Help me understand, cos I honestly cannot understand why people are so outraged.

What Catherine / William etc al are doing genuinely affects 0% of your life (unless you're employed by them, but I expect you wouldn't be posting on here).

• Heart
Reactions: 34
"other people deserve more sympathy than Kate" is very grim. How about everyone going through a difficult time deserves sympathy. It's not a competition.

Yes she's getting the best healthcare you can get in the UK. But she's facing this very publicly with lots of extra difficulties. It's a mixed bag and certainly not an easy ride. The 3 people at a hospital suspended must be a concern, especially with what happened with the nurse that was fooled into talking to a radio show.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Why are people still having a melt down about the mother's day photo? I don't get why it matters 😂

Catherine wasn't well, we were told she would be recovering until April. It's very plausible that they weren't expecting it to be cancer, but tests showed that sadly it is. Even if the doctors were concerned initially, they need to protect their children and 'what ifs' are completely irrelevant. Imagine if they'd said in Jan, "Catherine is having surgery and it may be cancer, we've told the kids and explained mummy is very poorly" then 2 months later "haha, no great news, I'm fine". That would have been crazy to subject your kids to that.

KP will have known a photo was expected on mother's day, as they normally post something. Apparently a photo was photoshopped and posted.

Why does it matter?
Why is it a PR duck up?

Help me understand, cos I honestly cannot understand why people are so outraged.

What Catherine / William etc al are doing genuinely affects 0% of your life (unless you're employed by them, but I expect you wouldn't be posting on here).

Why does it matter?
Why is it a PR duck up?

Do people still care about the Mother’s Day photo? I thought not anymore… I am certainly past this..
and I agree about the pr.. we don’t really know the truth about what happened… I feel like lots of factors were at play. The diagnosis came as a shock to everyone

Reactions: 6

Why does it matter?
Why is it a PR duck up?

They faked the whole image. They might have gotten away with it if they had just posted it on their own media but they sent it out to legit news agencies world wide. That’s a really serious thing to do. It may *just* be an image to some but at the end of they day, everything they do is part of a historical record. There are checks and balances that they need to follow. Faking an image when there’s such scrutiny over what’s real and what’s not in today’s age was such a big mess up. They surely had some sort of a legit picture they could have used, so it’s baffling that they did what they did.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Do people still care about the Mother’s Day photo? I thought not anymore… I am certainly past this..
and I agree about the pr.. we don’t really know the truth about what happened… I feel like lots of factors were at play. The diagnosis came as a shock to everyone
Yes, see the post following yours!
---
They faked the whole image. They might have gotten away with it if they had just posted it on their own media but they sent it out to legit news agencies world wide. That’s a really serious thing to do. It may *just* be an image to some but at the end of they day, everything they do is part of a historical record. There are checks and balances that they need to follow. Faking an image when there’s such scrutiny over what’s real and what’s not in today’s age was such a big mess up. They surely had some sort of a legit picture they could have used, so it’s baffling that they did what they did.
What's serious about it?

Reactions: 1
Yes, see the post following yours!
---

What's serious about it?
I don’t know if you’re being deliberately obtuse or what, but they are the future heads of sate, you can’t just put out fake pictures to news agencies and not expect questions over them.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t know if you’re being deliberately obtuse or what, but they are the future heads of sate, you can’t just put out fake pictures to news agencies and not expect questions over them.
I'm really not. I don't understand why it matters. It's not harmful in any way.

Reactions: 7
"other people deserve more sympathy than Kate" is very grim. How about everyone going through a difficult time deserves sympathy. It's not a competition.

Yes she's getting the best healthcare you can get in the UK. But she's facing this very publicly with lots of extra difficulties. It's a mixed bag and certainly not an easy ride. The 3 people at a hospital suspended must be a concern, especially with what happened with the nurse that was fooled into talking to a radio show.
Absolutely, but she chose this ride, she wanted a public life, she waited for years for William to propose. Unfortunately, public life and fame comes at a price ….

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm really not. I don't understand why it matters. It's not harmful in any way.
It’s more from the point of view of the news agencies. They have a well documented policy of not using edited or manipulated images. It doesn’t matter to them if it’s just the sleeve of a cardi or misaligned floor tiles, it’s the fact it was manipulated at all. They deal with all manner of actual real news pictures and allowing one manipulated image through because ‘it’s not harmful’ could call into doubt the important ones of terror attacks and war zones and that is harmful.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It’s more from the point of view of the news agencies. They have a well documented policy of not using edited or manipulated images. It doesn’t matter to them if it’s just the sleeve of a cardi or misaligned floor tiles, it’s the fact it was manipulated at all. They deal with all manner of actual real news pictures and allowing one manipulated image through because ‘it’s not harmful’ could call into doubt the important ones of terror attacks and war zones and that is harmful.
Thank you for explaining that aspect

Reactions: 3
Why does it matter?
Why is it a PR duck up?

I can only speak for myself. I wasn’t outraged. I’m not a royalist. But I found it unsettling and ominous what may have happened to her. After Diana died in such tragic circumstances, people tend to think anything could happen, perhaps.

All the photo really showed was that Kate wasn’t well enough to take a ‘real’ photo. I don’t think that she was a hard working royal or that she had a good work ethic but I liked her anyway. And I do feel sad that she’s unwell.
---
Yes, especially because the royal family themselves are not happy if any of their photos are changed in any way. Even if it’s a different orientation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
"faked images" has a million different interpretations.

From combining a couple of different photos to get the best facial expressions to 100% AI generated and nothing is real. o_O

Reactions: 13
So has the odious Lady C come out yet and said that of course she knew all about it, but out of 'respect' wasn't saying anything? She'll have to insert her over inflated sense of self importance into it somewhere.
She has said that Kate felt she had no choice but to go public due to the hospital security breech of get medical records about to be leaked. Also said the security leak had been traced back to California
---
It will be coming (Can you tell that I am not a fan at all of Lady C lol. It totally baffles me as to why people can be such idiots thinking she is wonderful)
Like or loathe her she has good inside contacts. I read a book of hers about Diana and she was spot on about things that came to light years later.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She has said that Kate felt she had no choice but to go public due to the hospital security breech of get medical records about to be leaked. Also said the security leak had been traced back to California
---

Like or loathe her she has good inside contacts. I read a book of hers about Diana and she was spot on about things that came to light years later.
That book was amazing and yes - very spot on

Reactions: 2
It doesn’t take 6 weeks to get back biopsy results esp for a royal. I suspect what happened is that they thought they could do curative surgery meaning they wouldn’t need to tell the public. Then on a post op scan when recovering in late feb, they found out that it hadn’t been curative and so chemo required (that’s when William the missed service). Had been waiting until Easter hols to go public.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.