William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t. The poor lady has gone through hell lately. I got a cancer diagnosis last week and I’m telling you, all you care about in that moment is your children. You can clearly see the pain in her face, heart ache for her children.

• Heart
Reactions: 92
As if there are people still trotting out the body double theory. Not a braincell between the lot of them.

Reactions: 38
She’s damned if she does and damned if she doesn’t. The poor lady has gone through hell lately. I got a cancer diagnosis last week and I’m telling you, all you care about in that moment is your children. You can clearly see the pain in her face, heart ache for her children.
I’m so sorry to hear this and wishing you lots of strength going forward. I hope you have people round you who can help with practical stuff, and also a listening ear when you don’t want to put on a brave face and just want to be honest and rant or cry.

For Kate it makes me extra mad that an already difficult Mother’s Day for them had to include all that fuckery with the photo.

Reactions: 19
I hope all goes well for you.
I agree. It is so obvious from her history that the thing she loves most is being a mum. She must have been terrified of the kids hearing something online from their friends and worrying.

Reactions: 16
All good wishes to you

Reactions: 8
With King Charles and Catherine having treatment for Cancer and William rightly wanting to be by his wife's side, the RF looks smaller than ever, shame Princess Eugenie and Beatrice cant do some engagements. The DM article asking whether Harry & Meghan will come back to the UK, why would they come back? :rolleyes:
Well Beatrice and Eugenie's mum also has cancer. Also would anyone miss the royals doing "engagements"? It's not exactly essential work.

Reactions: 9
She hasn’t got cancer ffs. She’s undergoing preventative treatment. She also looks wildly different in the farm shop video taken just a few days ago.
They found cancer in whatever it was they removed. So yes, she had cancer. Is it really that hard to understand?
As for the person saying they hope that William remains faithful now, WTF? Where is the evidence that he has been unfaithful?
Even now there a little digs. Ok, these people are privileged, but they are also human beings and deserve the same level of consideration as the rest of us. At least let her and her family get over this before starting with the nonsense again.

Reactions: 39
Does she call herself Kate Middleton? Why isn't she referred to as Kate Windsor?
I don’t think she calls herself Kate Middleton. Her title is HRH The Princess of Wales and that’s what she should be referred to as. When Charles and Diana were married and had the boys they referred to themselves as the Wales’s, Fergie Andrew and their girls were known as the Yorks etc. I believe when William was at school he was at one point registered as William Wales.

Reactions: 6
As if there are people still trotting out the body double theory. Not a braincell between the lot of them.
No one’s suggesting that the royals put out body doubles. They’re saying TMZ may have. I don’t think it’s body doubles, but at the same time I wouldn’t put anything past TMZ, they’re pretty scummy.

I’m so sorry, I hope you recover speedily and without too many traumas for you and your loved ones ❤ It’s such a hard thing to go through.

Reactions: 8
Honestly, I do think the photo was probably down to her trying to give something to all the people writing and sending messages. And probably trying to keep up a bit of “normalcy” in her life.
She probably did play around with the image, and always does.
The dramatic “kill notice” or whatever the phrase is, coupled with William pulling out of a memorial service around the same time, for “personal reasons”, unfortunately backfired on them, and the wild speculation and conspiracies started. But it must have been a very scary, and shocking time for them.

By appearing on camera and explaining what’s happening in her own words, Kate is (you would hope) putting an end to any more conspiracies springing up.

She’s clearly very emotional about what’s happening to her and to her family.
I think she’s being very brave actually.
I was much much older than Kate’s family when my Dad found out he had terminal cancer. Even so, he was so courageous and tried everything he could to prevent us being too distressed and scared about it. Kate’s demeanour and heartfelt wish to protect her kids, really struck a chord with me.
I may not be a monarchist, but whatever my feelings about the RF, I can’t help but have huge admiration for her.
I wish her well.
100% agree. And I wish you the very best.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
A younger relative, in her early 30’s has cancer. She had a procedure in 2022 and the report said ‘no cancer found’. She has a very rare slow growing cancer that was detected in December and has spread to other areas of her body. Either the cancer was missed previously or it’s grown faster than they thought. Getting test results, scans, biopsy results, appointments is all very slow and painful - and worrying.
Im so very sorry for Kate and her family. She didn’t deserve the scrutiny along with the devastating diagnosis. But she will have the best care available and every test imaginable and I hope she recovers 100%. It must be incredibly difficult living life in the public eye and the worry of the children hearing/reading about her illness and the scrutiny.
Meanwhile we have to chase the system which is a different kind of stress and worry.
I hope anyone reading that is suffering gets the treatment they need and a full healthy recovery ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Here's an idea. Catherine is her public and obviously birth name. But William has referred to her as Kate (engagement interview, he repeatedly said Kate) and her uncle has more recently.

I don't get why people can't understand she might be Catherine in public, Kate in private.

It's no different to people putting the full version of their names on job applications etc, but but using a shortened version at home.

Reactions: 29
She calls herself Catherine.
Seems unlikely that she would go by Kate for most of her life and then re-formalise and lengthen her name again! Don't think she's going to be insisting on her friends and acquaintances calling her Catherine; it's just a way to keep the plebs at a distance and remind them that she's not their friend, she's their future queen. I personally don't find the name "Kate" offensive and she was introduced to the public as Kate, so presumably that's what she calls herself.

Reactions: 10
Here's an idea. Catherine is her public and obviously birth name. But William has referred to her as Kate (engagement interview, he repeatedly said Kate) and her uncle has more recently.

I don't get why people can't understand she might be Catherine in public, Kate in private.

It's no different to people putting the full version of their names on job applications etc, but but using a shortened version at home.
I agree.
I think she is known as Kate but William and the RF call her Catherine in public now because Queen Catherine sounds better than Queen Kate so they want the name to “stick” for when the time comes.

Reactions: 15
I agree.
I think she is known as Kate but William and the RF call her Catherine in public now because Queen Catherine sounds better than Queen Kate so they want the name to “stick” for when the time comes.
Exactly.

Reactions: 4

Normal people who use "catherine" and get their knickers in a twist when everyone else says "kate" come across to me as absolute royal bootlickers. Someone used the word subservient to describe people's character when they talk about the royals and I think that might be the best way to describe how it makes me feel when people froth at the mouth when they read Kate. I can't imagine she finds it offensive herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The “body double” thing could have been at least partially put to bed by KP confirming they were at the place on the day it was filmed. You’d still get some kooks saying it was fake news but for most people they’d be satisfied. But I don’t think KP has confirmed or denied anything?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.