William and Kate #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’ right about the William affair rumours.
I for one find it hard to believe he’s the first ever prince of wales not to take a mistress. And yes sanctimony on a website literally called Tattle where people come to gossip and say edgy things is grating. It happens on other threads not just royal family ones.
I post on several threads.
On one I joke about an influencers husband being locked in the basement because he is rarely seen.
If it later transpired that he’s not been seen because he is ill and has recently had a cancer diagnosis then I’d feel such a tit and yes, I would apologise on the thread for getting it so wrong.
I’d take accountability for my actions and not blame it on the influencer for not being up front in the first place.
If you wish to call that sanctimonious then so be it.

Reactions: 27
You’ right about the William affair rumours.
I for one find it hard to believe he’s the first ever prince of wales not to take a mistress. And yes sanctimony on a website literally called Tattle where people come to gossip and say edgy things is grating. It happens on other threads not just royal family ones.
If you believe the rumours Rose wasn’t the first nor last mistress👀 but that’s a topic for another day.

Reactions: 6
On one I joke about an influencers husband being locked in the basement because he is rarely seen.
If it later transpired that he’s not been seen because he is ill and has recently had a cancer diagnosis then I’d feel such a tit and yes, I would apologise on the thread for getting it so wrong.
I’d take accountability for my actions and not blame it on the influencer for not being up front in the first place.
The way you behave is up to you, the way others behave is up to them.

Reactions: 11
[QUOTE
I wish Kate well. Im not a fan of the royals at all but I do have empathy for her situation like any normal person.

It’s so odd that people can’t be nuanced about stuff. Yes it’s terrible that she has cancer and yes she needs to consider her young children, but the way KP handled all of this will be studied for years in communications classes on what not to do. It was mistake after mistake and not realising the gravity of the mess they were making in real time. I see they are recruiting for a new member for the comms team and offering 25K…you don’t attract top talent for that.

They also completely threw her under the bus for the Mother’s Day fiasco. I really don’t believe that Kate had anything to do with that picture. The original picture didn’t exist and was cobbled together from a few images, which is why they never released the original. Yes people may do minor edits but that picture was more than a few tiny edits. If they had just said, here’s an older picture of the family taken last year, the princess wasn’t up for a formal shoot at the moment, people would have moved on. I read that KP wouldn’t even engage with the photo agencies which is why they issued the kill notice. That is so unprofessional and they’ve done long lasting damage.

Yes some of the theories were outrageous but that’s the internet and that’s what comes with public life unfortunately. The rumours about William have been there for years. It’s unfortunate that they have resurfaced when Kate is going through a cancer diagnosis, but it’s been building for years. People being sanctimonious about people gossiping about Kate while on a gossip forum and writing awful things about other people in other threads is really a sight to behold.
I couldn’t like a post anymore, what a sensible and balanced take on the situation. Bravo 👏
---
or Battenberg, as the Windsors were before the war.
Mmmm, love Battenberg, top tier cake!
---
Surely you’d just not post it in the first place? Seems a bit disingenuous to say I’ll post what I want and then apologize later. It’s either a tit thing to do or it isn’t. People talk, Tattle is no different to a group of people at work or sat on the bus. If people are messaging Kate or William with opinions then fair enough, that’s a big no no.
The sanctimonious of the press today is astounding, endless articles dissecting every little thing about Kate, total antithesis of what is wanted by them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I just posted this in the H&M thread and thought I'd pop it here too.

My heart goes out to Catherine, and King Charles.

In saying that I do have to wonder. I'm an ex-NHS nurse. I now live in Australia as working in the NHS was killing me. My sister is a district nurse in the UK and tells me horror stories of calling ambulances on patients she visits for things like true chest pain, potential strokes etc and waiting HOURS for an ambulance.

It sounds like both Catherine and Charles' cancers were detected due to planned surgeries. I wonder how long the 'average' person has to wait for planned surgeries and how advanced these cancers may then be for those people by the time they are found. This does not take away from my empathy for the Royals. But it does make me wonder if the average joe would have such a chance at earlyish detection and hopefully cure had they needed to wait months to years to get surgeries done on the NHS...
They will have private health care with regular checks on everything which is why it’s been detected so early. It could also possibly be cervical cancer and picked up from a smear. This happened to me, all healthy smears and then one year I went and it showed abnormalities, they had me in within weeks to ‘laser the cells’ but once I got to that appointment they then said it was more severe than first thought so I would have to have an operation to remove the cells, at this point they still just said they were abnormal pre cancerous, once I had that operation I was contacted again within two weeks and asked to attend hospital the very next day - knew it would be bad news because of the rush of it - went to that appointment and they confirmed cancer and I then had to have a hysterectomy that was again done within a few weeks and then preventative treatment after, you really do have to rest after that type of surgery as well, unfortunately I was in an abusive relationship at the time and my partner had me up doing things within 2 weeks which resulted in a major complication where I ended up in resus and almost died, so for her to take all this time to recover is 100% the right thing. Was a lot to go through physically and mentally and while I am currently 4 years in remission it is something that stays with you every single day, so I really feel for her, I really hope she continues to get better and so pleased they found it early!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I wonder if people were made to feel guilty for all they'd said about Meghan after finding out she'd gone through a miscarriage. Nah.

Reactions: 24
1. KP's handling of it wasn't that bad. They put out a photoshopped picture and as it turns out, a lot of their other pictures are also photoshopped.People's reaction to 'Kate's disappearance' was insane before photogate.
Agree, seems PR expert is the speciality du jour for lots of people on the internet.

Many seem to think if only they'd done what they think it would have been sorted almost instantly. Some people made up their mind of "the truth" from some tiktok or tweet and won't ever be swayed from it.

Biggest WTF moment for me was a blurry video where you couldn't even make out her eye color and the number that were 100% confident she'd had a facelift. 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Agree, seems PR expert is the speciality du jour for lots of people on the internet.

Many seem to think if only they'd done what they think it would have been sorted almost instantly. Some people made up their mind of "the truth" from some tiktok or tweet and won't ever be swayed from it.

Biggest WTF moment for me was a blurry video where you couldn't even make out her eye color and the number that were 100% confident she'd had a facelift. 😐
And the answer is always shoving Kate in front of the camera when unwell 😂

I think this has also proven how thick people are about AI as well. 'I had AI enhance this picture and it's not her!' Well no, because the AI is just making it up based on data it's been fed. It's not 'enhancing' the picture.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
how thick people are about AI as well. 'I had AI enhance this picture and it's not her!' Well no, because the AI is just making it up based on data it's been fed. It's not 'enhancing' the picture.
I blame movies for people thinking you can take a blurry pic and suddenly make it clear.

AI is usually used in things like that to invent a handful of different images from what it's given based on what it knows about faces. It can't create accurate stuff that isn't there when the possibilities are vast. Give it a picture of a blurry banana and It can do a decent job of making it look like a clear banana that might be pretty similar to the reality, but for a face? forget it.

Reactions: 10
I know a woman who had a clear colonoscopy in 2019 she had the Covid vaccine in 2021 and was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer in 2021!
More likely to be a missed polyp behind a fold than the covid vaccine.

Reactions: 15
It's still a shock though that people with access to the best diets, best lifestyles and best medical care still get felled by cancer. Yes they will get better treatment than the rest of the population but as a family we've learned the hard way that private healthcare doesn't mean better by any stretch of the imagination.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It's still a shock though that people with access to the best diets, best lifestyles and best medical care still get felled by cancer.
They have a very privileged life for sure. But I'd imagine they also have quite high stress levels. Family dramas are bad enough when no one else knows what's happening but imagine a virtually non existent line between your private and public life. Ongoing, it never stops and there's little escape. Must be exhausting.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Well, one things for sure this announcement has certainly turned everyone on each other. Anyone still left with questions or doubt is immediately attacked and told to "leave her alone", or "be kind" (while being called all the names under the sun) etc.

So if this is deflection of some kind for any given reason, it's certainly had the desired effect to guilt people into shutting up.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As a relative newcomer to this thread (for obvious reasons), every time someone blames Kensington Palace (KP) I always think Katie Price is getting the blame for a second! 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Thank you. So it is not there currently, but to prevent it from recurring/spreading?
The medics probably don’t know (at this stage) if the cancer is not there currently. Chemotherapy is used in an attempt to a move any further cancer cells and tumours - in the hope that it is removed all together. If there is an all clear - that doesn’t come until much later.
I imagine that the wording is deliberately positive, for the sake of the children - and also to prevent social media commenters from stating that it is terminal.
Hopefully, she will get the all clear at some point,

Chemotherapy is not used as a matter of course. Many people have cancer removed without the need for chemotherapy. It is usually a gruelling treatment - and has its own risks to your general health.
I had chemotherapy after having a mastectomy in 2012, as the cancer had spread to my lymph nodes. Thankfully, no secondary cancers developed - but I have lost teeth and bone mass prematurely. I also have lower disc disintegration- which my consultant has put down to longer term issues from having chemotherapy (the type I had, at least).
I am grateful to be alive, as without it - I would have developed secondary cancers and died before I reached 45.
Chemotherapy is no walk in the park, and not merely prescribed as a preventative measure. It’s clearly needed and will hopefully have a good outcome.
---
Yeah I still think William has shagged around separately to Kate being sick
But with no evidence - only rumours spread on Twitter.
The royal family are not protected when they gallivant. Back in the 50s and 60s, all Princess Margaret’s indiscretions were made public, Charles and Camilla could not be kept under wraps (or Princess Diana’s post split relationships). That’s only to name a few, all out there - before social media and mobile cameras.
I will believe that Prince William has been unfaithful to his missus when I see evidence. I’m not a defender of him btw. I am indifferent to the RF.
I love a good gossip (that’s why I am here), but need evidence - otherwise it’s just people saying anything about anyone. I could easily start a rumour about a celeb on social media now. If I share it widely enough - it will be “known” within a couple of days.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
The medics probably don’t know (at this stage) if the cancer is not there currently. Chemotherapy is used in an attempt to a move any further cancer cells and tumours - in the hope that it is removed all together. If there is an all clear - that doesn’t come until much later.
I imagine that the wording is deliberately positive, for the sake of the children - and also to prevent social media commenters from stating that it is terminal.
Hopefully, she will get the all clear at some point,

Chemotherapy is not used as a matter of course. Many people have cancer removed without the need for chemotherapy. It is usually a gruelling treatment - and has its own risks to your general health.
I had chemotherapy after having a mastectomy in 2012, as the cancer had spread to my lymph nodes. Thankfully, no secondary cancers developed - but I have lost teeth and bone mass prematurely. I also have lower disc disintegration- which my consultant has put down to longer term issues from having chemotherapy (the type I had, at least).
I am grateful to be alive, as without it - I would have developed secondary cancers and died before I reached 45.
Chemotherapy is no walk in the park, and not merely prescribed as a preventative measure. It’s clearly needed and will hopefully have a good outcome.
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation.

I was so confused by it, thinking that it might just be a precautionary measure as it was said that it was "preventative".

I also know someone who had one tumours removed and did not need any further treatment.

It is also puzzling to me as Kate seemed so fit and healthy and it was always said that she looked after her health so much and she is still so young.

You have been through so much, I am happy for you that you came through it.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.