Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also dislike her promotion of such unhealthy eating, then saying people shouldn't do it... she is not in any way a good role model like people claim imo
It wasn’t her fault but I hated that meme that went around a few years ago it was supposed to be an inspirational quote and said ‘You have as many hours in the day as Beyoncé’ Which is of course true but unlike Beyoncé most of us don’t have private chefs, housekeepers, nannies, cleaners, chauffeurs, secretaries etc. to ensure we can really focus on our goals for the day!

Reactions: 13
Mel and Sue - Thank god they're not everywhere still.

Holly Willoughby - Not sure how she relates to anyone. Queen witch in her own universe .

Any of the professional Northerner lot. Who cares you're from Bolton? duck off.

Jack Whitehall - Peaked in Fresh Meat

Reactions: 12
Slightly niche reference, maybe, but Holly Willoughby always reminds me of the character of Sacharissa from the Terry Pratchett novel The Truth. And only that novel, because, unlike Holly Willoughby, Sacharissa has some character development in later appearances.

I did wonder if the character (who ends up as journalist of sorts) was actually based on Holly, but the book was written in 2000, which is a bit early for that to be the case.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It wasn’t her fault but I hated that meme that went around a few years ago it was supposed to be an inspirational quote and said ‘You have as many hours in the day as Beyoncé’ Which is of course true but unlike Beyoncé most of us don’t have private chefs, housekeepers, nannies, cleaners, chauffeurs, secretaries etc. to ensure we can really focus on our goals for the day!
but i mean her prompotion of that post pregnancy diet on her netflix thing... like after she said it was awful, don't do it..but she did it to look good. for me makes no sense

Reactions: 3
Jack Whitehall

James Corden

anyone from Towie or Love Island

Michelle and Mark Wright

Robbie Williams

Katie Price

Amanda Holden

Alesha Dixon

Harry and Megan

The One Direction lot

Reactions: 10
George Ezra
There was a period where people basically adored him (beyond his music career) and I just don't understand why
Waiting room music. Back in the pre-Covid days when sitting in waiting rooms was a normal part of life, it was a given that you'd hear a song by either George Ezra, Adele, Sam Smith, Ed Sheeran or Rag & Bone Man whilst waiting for your appointment. Inoffensive fodder that annoyingly gets stuck in your head and ruins the rest of your day.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Miranda Hart - gurning loon

Amanda Abbington. She ruined sherlock for me. And malteasers. (Though I soon got over this and continued to eat my weight in them)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
totally agree about stacey dooley, her documentaries are interesting, but as you said someone else behind the scenes has basically done all the work. Also anyone else think her accent is stronger now than at the start of her career? i feel like she is over emphasising it to make it kind of her "niche"
Do you know she is from Luton? 🤫🤫🤫

Jack Whitehall

James Corden

anyone from Towie or Love Island

Michelle and Mark Wright

Robbie Williams

Katie Price

Amanda Holden

Alesha Dixon

Harry and Megan

The One Direction lot
Agree. But Michelle I always loved but I think when she got with Mark I was shocked.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ed Sheeren
Adele
The Kardashians
Reality TV “stars” in general
Philip Schofield
Holly Willoughby
Mel and Sue separately or together
Miranda Hart
Meryl Streep

Miranda Hart - gurning loon

Amanda Abbington. She ruined sherlock for me. And malteasers. (Though I soon got over this and continued to eat my weight in them)
Don’t mind her as an actress but her character ruined Sherlock for me. Mary Morston gets a few sentences in the books yet they allowed her to pretty much dominate two whole series of the TV show to its detriment.

Reactions: 4
Yes, and Lizzo. Body confidence and being healthy are two entirely different things. They are being praised for being morbidly obese and it's scary that they are 'role models'.
Not a fan of lizzo but at least she has a talent, when did being morbidly obese make you interesting

French and or Saunders
Yep, Myleene 'I just happened to throw this on for a photo' Klass
David Walliams - I cannot believe I forgot him until now. I think my brain must be evolving new ways to protect me.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Laura Whitmore
Amanda Holden
Maya Jama
Rylan - he seems nice enough but seems to present everything and his radio 2 show is annoying.
George Clooney - never saw the attraction personally!

I have a lot of respect for him and his songs are catchy, but... Harry Styles. 😬 🤷🏻‍♀️

He just comes across as arrogant to me, and has ever since 1D split. I used to love him but can’t connect to him any more.
Plus, he dresses like if you accidentally wet yourself in your granny's house and she gave you her clothes to wear till you got home

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Ronan Keating - bleep.

Jameela Jamil - another bleep. absolute weapon. I can’t even discuss why I dislike her cause I will just make myself angry.

Beyoncé - Over rated and hasn’t made a good song in nearly a decade

George Ezra - nothing against him personally but his voice is grating

Kristen Bell - heehehe I’m so teeny tiny and cute but so crass and dirty mouthed, shut the duck up you bleep.

Russell Brand - needs a dettol bath and a weekly penicillin shot as he’s a walking venereal disease.

Chrissy Teigen - bully, likes to bully children online, when it was clearly obvious Courtney stodden was a victim of grooming, she thought it was great to insult Courtney. Let’s also not ignore the stuff she said about little girls on twitter, implying she was turned on by little girls on the show toddlers and tiaras. She’s a chipmunk faced bleep who has no claim to fame other than her raging homosexual husbands tit song about her.

Ellie Goulding - I dislike her face and her voice. She always looks like she’s in holding in a tit but is putting on a serious face to hide the fact she’s holding in a tit.

Chris Pratt - I can not stand him after finding out he cheated on Anna Faris after he lost the weight and became a film star, whilst Anna was the breadwinner for the majority of their marriage. Then he marries another woman and becomes a devout Christian Evangelical who is in a church that is openly homophobic and ignores his child with Anna.

Amanda Holden - YOUR CLAIM TO FAME IS MARRYING LES DENNIS AND HAVING AN AFFAIR. WHY ARE YOU STILL ON THE TV !?
YOU SILICON HEADED bleep.

The weird incest siblings on Gogglebox. The sister is always laughing at stuff that is not funny and her chicken faced duck of a brother who has an obsession with his penis and telling his sister about his penis.

Jennifer Lawrence - “HAHAHA I LIKE LOVE PIZZA AND WEARING NO TROUSERS, I MADE OVER 2 MILLION IN ONE DAY. I AM SO RELATABLE!”

Elon Musk - An apartheid prince who is lauded as a genius. When in reality he is an investor who just bought people’s ideas and companies with his families apartheid money and passed them off as his own and is constantly fighting with ugly dirty looking girlfriend online rather than looking after their washing machine named baby. He was born with a silver spoon and upgraded himself to the platinum cultery set of life.

Jesy Nelson - I know the girl has mental health problems but she is doing herself no favours by plastering a duck ton of makeup, doing her hair, slapping a filter on her and then posting a selfie saying “I woke up like this” get therapy and get out of the public eye.

Rita Ora - why is she still on my telly?

Chloe from Geordie Shore - Pete Burns reincarnated and sat in front of a candle for a day.

Gwyneth Paltrow - Big Bird who can’t act and plays the same roles over and over again. She looks like one of the kids from Hanson, how in any way is she deemed beautiful. Don’t get me started on Goop. Her fanny smelling candles, gold vibrators and her vegan going ons. Yes we get it you like bird seed. Not wearing sun screen and blaming her good genes for not having sun aged skin yet looks like a blood hound in a wind tunnel as her face is stapled to the back of her head.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Influencers. Any influencer. Take your pick. I really struggle to understand why so many people fangirl over ordinary people, doing nothing, taking pictures of themselves and staring blankly into a camera. Also no idea why anyone actually lines their pockets and uses their swipe ups. Just. Search. For. Your. Wanted. Products. Yourself. That is all 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.