Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack Whitehall.

You can't even take the funny away from him, as he is as funny as rampant genital herpes. Add to that that he's an absolute bleeping prick, then you have to ask yourself "what is this absolute tool doing on the television?".

Lorraine Kelly

I have to stop repeating words 5 times per sentence after watching her, along with her showing no engagement with her guests other than seemingly floundering to find the correct words for her next sentence (by saying things like "that's really really really really really really (what the duck am I going to say?!) really really really interesting!).

Literally any reality star.

They are an insult to anyone's intelligence, and I literally couldn't give a tuppeny tit about what happens minute by bleeping minute once they reproduce.

Robert Peston

I wish when he reclines on a chair as though he couldn't care less about protocol, because "he's the man", he'd recline into a vat of acid. Or piss maybe.

Rochelle Hulmes, Jesy Nelson, Frankie Bridge

The Collins Dictionary definition of vacuous, dullard shitness.

Robbie Williams

Just duck off.
Jack Whitehall’s dad is hilarious 😂 though

I dont mind Sue, sometimes, but Mel comes across as trying too hard to be funny.
I’m the opposite, like Mel but can’t stand Sue!

Reactions: 12
Amanda Holden - she ruined that dna program with her screeching and just about everything else that she is in, I did like her in that program set in the West Midlands in the 70s though (sorry anyone from the midlands)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Keith Lemon. I really don’t get why this incarnation is so famous? Celebrity Juice is horrendous.

Jennifer Lopez. Yes she looks good but she's average at everything thing else.
I find it hilarious that she’s coming out with a skincare line and she’s she hasn’t done any work, that her skin is down to olive oil. If that’s that case, why do we need to pay for your new products (£££) when we can just go and buy some olive oil (£) hun?

• Haha
Reactions: 30
All the reality stars/ influencers who have the same surgeon so they all look the same. They decorate their houses the same, fake designer table books anyone? They take the same selfies with the same bullshit captions and then bleat on about being individual. God forbid they ever had to be a part of a Police line up, how could you ever tell which one is which? I’m in my late 30’s and quite low key with my style so they don’t really bother me but I feel so sorry for young girls now when they have that constantly shoved in their faces as the ‘perfect’ look.
THIS!!!!! It's like cut and paste well cut and plastic I guess. Did you see the other day, most young kids want to be Influencer or reality TV star when they grow up? So sad, here is your future. 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Stacey Solomon
Mrs Hinch
Pwicey
Peter Andre
Gemma Collins
Chrissy Teagen 🤢

Reactions: 13
Michael MacIntyre
Jack Dee
Frankie Boyle
Jimmy Carr
Victoria and Giles Coren
Jay Rayner
The Towie lot
Jlo
Beyonce
The Kardashians
Kirstie Allsop
All the entitled kids of famous or wealthy parents who coast along.

Reactions: 9
THIS!!!!! It's like cut and paste well cut and plastic I guess. Did you see the other day, most young kids want to be Influencer or reality TV star when they grow up? So sad, here is your future. 😕
That’s soul destroying, I try to pick individual features to compliment out of my young relatives and godchildren. I’m hoping they learn that following the pack isn’t the be all and end of in life. Poor kids, it is hard for them.

Reactions: 4
Fleur East.
John Barrowman
Scarlett Moffatt

I'm a celeb has a lot to answer for giving these and a few other dimwits continued work.

Reactions: 7
all those 70s 80s and 90s people that still make entire careers off one single thing they did

DAVID HASSELHOFF PAT SHARP TIMMY MALLETT PHIL SCHOFIELD ET ALL

not knocking it or anything but do find it annoying we over 30 keep bringing the conversation back to one part of their career

as for Schofield

he should NEVER have risen to the level of stardom he has

if you can even say stardom in his case

Reactions: 8
Giovanna Fletcher
Emily Atak
Scarlett Moffatt
Toff - MIC
Ant & Dec
Hinch
Stacey Solomon
Rochelle Humes
Alison Hammond

Reactions: 14
Beyoncé 😬 I don't know how or why she's become The Icon. She was always popular, a good singer etc. but in the past decade people act like she's something ethereal and I genuinely don't understand where that came from. Feels like the general approach changed during one of my naps, I'm out of loop and I'm stuck with nodding and awkwardly agreeing when pretty much everyone passes out at the mention of her.

The Kardashians. I don't understand how they became this famous for literally nothing. Everything feels artificial and I don't understand why they are what they are.

Meghan Markle. Every American friend I have on twitter is retweeting/sharing stuff about how great she is and how she is wronged and how she's challenging the roots of royalty by doing what she does, and I think to myself... What is it that she does, exactly? I don't claim to be an avid follower but I also cannot think of a single tangible thing she has done to challenge a flawed system, apart from saying stuff and claiming she was bullied/harrassed/antagonised. What am I missing? She isn't doing anything different to what she's done when she was some actress in some show, apart from complaining more and getting paid more, clearly. Why is she suddenly inspirational? Why is this woman considered to be worth people's time? I am baffled.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Ed Sheeran - His music is shite. I'd get it if it was good but it's bland. He's devoid of any personality also and somehow he's become a superstar.

Sam Faiers and all the others from that ITV trash channel. I can't believe anyone cares about their lives. But they still get show after show.

Adele - Another average singer with an excellent writing team and good PR. The hysteria around her a few years ago was crazy.

I'll no doubt think of more

Reactions: 23
[QUOTE
Jack Whitehall’s dad is hilarious 😂 though

He is !! I love him!! He just doesn’t give a tit!! A bit like my dad!! We cannot take him anywhere just in case he inadvertently insults someone!! We understand his humour 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I came here to play but you have covered most of my basis', I'm also so pained that anyone doesn't like my man Robbie W that you've taken me clean out :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ed Sheeran - His music is shite. I'd get it if it was good but it's bland. He's devoid of any personality also and somehow he's become a superstar.

Sam Faiers and all the others from that ITV trash channel. I can't believe anyone cares about their lives. But they still get show after show.

Adele - Another average singer with an excellent writing team and good PR. The hysteria around her a few years ago was crazy.

I'll no doubt think of more
1. Yeah Ed’s shite
2. No idea who she is
3. I don’t think she is average she is above average and she writes/ co writes her songs! So she has talent more the wannabes!!

Reactions: 4
I have a lot of respect for him and his songs are catchy, but... Harry Styles. 😬 🤷🏻‍♀️

He just comes across as arrogant to me, and has ever since 1D split. I used to love him but can’t connect to him any more.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.