Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Love Island and TOWIE. I'm not averse to low-brow entertainment, but they're both just so boring.
Boring and samey. Towie and other reality tv shows so scripted now. Got to have an arguement got to have a drunken piss up. Got to have a witch fight. Even KUWTK is scripted now. Annoyingly. Sorry I do love watch the Kardashians

Reactions: 6
Mark Wright smug talentless wanker
Gemma Collins
Pip Schofield. (Any grown man using Pip as a nickname)
James Cordon
Bradley Walsh and his irritating son
Rochelle boring Humes

Oh this is just for starters. ....

Reactions: 17
Love Island and TOWIE. I'm not averse to low-brow entertainment, but they're both just so boring.
And made in Chelsea. God if I was as borin as that bunch of wankers I'd crawl into a hole and never be seen again. I find all reality tv shite tbh, it's all fake, scripted and/or staged. I get that its for entertainment value but its the same tit series after series. NGL I was a bit partial to Big Brother back in the day (talkin Jade Goody/Nadia days) but binned that off and liked that masked singer for a little while but even that bored me towards the end of the series.

Reactions: 7
Never understood why if Gandalf is magic and can create a giant flying bird that he made Frodo walk all that way?
I don't get Lord of the Rings at all

Madonna. Could never stand her. Came across this today

Miley Cyrus.

Chris Evans, Ryan Gosling and the cults that have formed around them.
Madonna is vastly overated, in her early days I listened to her singing live on the radio and she was out of tune she has not got a musical bone in her body. She has conned people with her overconfidence and outrageous videos,books etc. I was so happy when she fell off stage, she is mentally wrong in the head.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I don't get Lord of the Rings at all

Madonna is vastly overated, in her early days I listened to her singing live on the radio and she was out of tune she has not got a musical bone in her body. She has conned people with her overconfidence and outrageous videos,books etc. I was so happy when she fell off stage, she is mentally wrong in the head.
duck yeah I cannot STAND the witch. (Me and my sister have always called her Slagonna 🤣) I loved her older music growing up (as an 80s baby who didn't?) but she has always been and always will be a crappy person, has always thought she's above everyone else.
When she was in Evita she was absolutely shite, I never got why everyone was bumming her over it.
And I'll honestly never know what Ritchie ever saw in her, he genuinely never looked happy the whole time they were together.
He looks a lot happier with the missus he's got now.
When she fell at the Brits was the best part of the night for me NGL 🤣
And who can forget that awful performance at Eurovision, was like hearing nails down a chalkboard hearing her sing she was fuckin dire.
She's had a good career by anyone's standards, she doesn't have it anymore and she's just embarrassing herself time and time again, she needs to get her kids to choose her retirement home and duck off for good.

Reactions: 13
James Corden - His voice is like nails down a chalkboard, doesn't suit voice acting at all, it's very jarring.

Beyonce - average songs/music

Adele - boring and overrated music
James is just so untalented and irritating!!! It's as if no one can see it. I don't understand why he has to be the voice in nearly every animated kids film! It would of been great if he wasn't in trolls because I enjoyed it. Him and Russell brand didn't need to be in that film doing a voice at all. I've watched James interviewing mark wahlberg and it just looks so uncomfortable/forced. Like mark is thinking, why am I sitting here talking to this idiot? Why is he a presenter? He does not deserve his own show ffs. There's so much second hand embarrassment watching him talk to people trying to be a presenter/this great funny loveable guy. He's a big untalented annoying divv! 🤯

claudia winkleman, worse presenter on TV.
I really don't get the look she has at all. The too long fringe so she can hardly see, the outdated 60s eyeliner that does not do anything for her at all. I can't see her face properly and its annoying. Not to mention her terrible presenting and trying to be funny. She would probably look better with her her off if her face and a nice natural make up look maybe?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
James is just so untalented and irritating!!! It's as if no one can see it. I don't understand why he has to be the voice in nearly every animated kids film! It would of been great if he wasn't in trolls because I enjoyed it. Him and Russell brand didn't need to be in that film doing a voice at all. I've watched James interviewing mark wahlberg and it just looks so uncomfortable/forced. Like mark is thinking, why am I sitting here talking to this idiot? Why is he a presenter? He does not deserve his own show ffs. There's so much second hand embarrassment watching him talk to people trying to be a presenter/this great funny loveable guy. He's a big untalented annoying divv! 🤯

I really don't get the look she has at all. The too long fringe so she can hardly see, the outdated 60s eyeliner that does not do anything for her at all. I can't see her face properly and its annoying. Not to mention her terrible presenting and trying to be funny. She would probably look better with her her off if her face and a nice natural make up look maybe?
Claudia was a presenter for some kind of toddler behaviour show. Years ago. She was so naturally sweet. No orange makeup. No I feel since she rocked up to that awards show with the panda make up.
I think she has to put on this dumb act.
Some Irish journalist claimed Claudia only got the huge presenter jobs as she is Jewish. He claimed she was an terrible presenter on any show. Of course it ruined his career.
I think the way he went about this was totally wrong. It was her connection through family that got her the jobs.
I like her and then I dont like her .

Reactions: 2

I've seen Gruffalo and Peter Rabbit, and he sounded wrong on both of them

Kaley Cuoco and Christina Applegate - for similar reasons in that they just come across as blah actresses. I simply don't get the hype surrounding them. "The Flight Attendant" would have been far better without Kaley.

Reactions: 7
It seems like Claudia learnt how to do her make up in the 90's when she was young, and has just continued with the same technique and style forever, even though she's now matured and it no longer suits her face. In particular the heavy eyeliner and nude lips. I think she could be quite an attractive woman with flattering, up-to-date make up, and of course fixing that stupid fringe.

Madonna. Could never stand her. Came across this today

Miley Cyrus.

Chris Evans, Ryan Gosling and the cults that have formed around them.
Madonna is a narcissistic bleep. There's that letter of hers, talking entirely about herself, saying how frustrated she is about Whitney Houston and Sharon Stone having the career she thinks she was entitled to, and calling them both mediocre. SO jealous and spiteful. She says they're reaping the benefits of the roads she (Madonna) has paved, and this must be what black people felt like when Elvis got big! I'll try to find it.

Here:

Screenshot (86).png

She thinks Whitney and Sharon's success and popularity is just to humiliate her! She really thinks the whole world revolves around her.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It seems like Claudia learnt how to do her make up in the 90's when she was young, and has just continued with the same technique and style forever, even though she's now matured and it no longer suits her face. In particular the heavy eyeliner and nude lips. I think she could be quite an attractive woman with flattering, up-to-date make up, and of course fixing that stupid fringe.

Madonna is a narcissistic bleep. There's that letter of hers, talking entirely about herself, saying how frustrated she is about Whitney Houston and Sharon Stone having the career she thinks she was entitled to, and calling them both mediocre. SO jealous and spiteful. She says they're reaping the benefits of the roads she (Madonna) has paved, and this must be what black people felt like when Elvis got big! I'll try to find it.

Here:

View attachment 513279

She thinks Whitney and Sharon's success and popularity is just to humiliate her! She really thinks the whole world revolves around her.
I didn't know about the letter but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest the self absorbed piece of tit. Whitney was another one though, not as bad as Slagonna, I loved her music but she was another diva who thought the world revolved around her. Tragic what happened to her and her daughter though.

Ps love your name 🤣

Reactions: 3
I didn't know about the letter but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest the self absorbed piece of tit. Whitney was another one though, not as bad as Slagonna, I loved her music but she was another diva who thought the world revolved around her. Tragic what happened to her and her daughter though.

Ps love your name 🤣
Whitney could sing Madonna can't even do that.

Ps love your name 🤣
Whitney could sing, Madonna can't even do that

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Without a doubt, Stacey effing Dooley.
Ever since she and the equally irritating Kevin from Grimsby galloped to victory on Strictly she’s been bloody everywhere. The BBC seem to be trying to portray her as some kind of cross between Jeremy Paxman and Kate Adie.
She’s a bloody moron.
Agreed! she’s gone from a BBC3 ‘journalist’ to after a bit of publicity on Strictly, to a full on chav with a comedy accent, who looks and sounds like Bianca off Eastenders. We watched SUTC bake off and husband asked if she was real or from a sketch 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
For anyone interested, here is a transcript of Madonna's full narcissistic essay. The underlining is hers; I have not added commas or paragraphs; but have corrected spelling mistakes.

J,

I’m sorry about yesterday. I’ve been in such a foul mood lately and I don’t mean to be mean and unkind. I’m just so uncomfortable in my own skin right now. I suppose now that I have some time when I’m actually doing nothing and I’ve cancelled Paris so my mind isn’t occupied 24/7 I suddenly have time to think about my life and what I’m doing with it. You see my frenzy of activity is like an anti-depressant and up until now I’ve always felt like I was unstoppable and could do whatever I liked. I never thought twice. Now I have made so many people angry that I’m being punished and basically made to be quiet and sit in a corner while other less interesting + exciting people are reaping the benefits of the roads I’ve paved. Maybe this is what black people felt like when Elvis Presley got huge. It’s so unequivocally frustrating to read that Whitney Houston has the music career I wish I had and Sharon Stone has the film career I’ll never have. Not because I want to be these women because I’d rather die but they’re so horribly mediocre and they’re always being held up as paragons of virtue and some sort of measuring stick to humiliate me. Everything I do is so original and unique and I put so much of myself into it like my book + record and it’s only brought me heartache + pain and I don’t think I can play the game to be accepted. I’m too intelligent. I have too much pride. Television has ruined America now everything has to be as bland. Nothing can be a departure. Movies are like 2 hour T.V. shows. I feel so discouraged. I was born in the wrong place + time and probably the wrong sex! I always thought that after last years 365 days of blood sweat + tears I could kick back and relax and have a baby and enjoy my success, but I have lost in everyway and now I can’t stop fighting because I feel I’ve lost the fight and now I feel I have no career, no family, nothing permanent or tangible, my outlook on life is black black black that’s why I’m no good for you or anyone else right now. I have to regain my sense of power and my joy for living. Do you understand what I’m saying?

My bitterness gathers like dust.

Louise

Ps love your name 🤣
I'll give Whitney a pass because at least she could truly sing. Also, she obviously was mentally ill. I can quite believe she was a piece of work though.

:lol: thanks! Kind of appropriate for the discussion topics of this site!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Kaley Cuoco and Christina Applegate - for similar reasons in that they just come across as blah actresses. I simply don't get the hype surrounding them. "The Flight Attendant" would have been far better without Kaley.
I’ve always got the impression that Kaley liked being the only female on Big Bang Theory and never liked it when Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch joined the cast

He’s a scientologist? Whoa. I suppose that explains his childrens’ wacky behaviour.
He’s not a Scientologist neither is Jada. They are both friends of Leah Remini and Leah was on Jada’s talk show and in Scientology you’re not even allowed to talk to people who have left it never mind someone who has left it and is exposing it.

I sometimes feel so young because when you’re chatting about Madonna and her songs I am thinking I only know like 2 of her songs. But yeah she’s a pure bleep and I dislike her face I hate those protruding gap teeth and I just want to punch them straight

Last edited:
  • Haha
He’s not a Scientologist neither is Jada. They are both friends of Leah Remini and Leah was on Jada’s talk show and in Scientology you’re not even allowed to talk to people who have left it never mind someone who has left it and is exposing it.

I sometimes feel so young because when you’re chatting about Madonna and her songs I am thinking I only know like 2 of her songs. But yeah she’s a pure bleep and I dislike her face I hate those protruding gap teeth and I just want to punch them straight
What is odd is the Smiths's donations or what it was to Scientology, or weren't their kids in Scientology school? Something along those lines. I don't understand why they'd do that if they aren't in it?

I know about the rule about not talking to the banished and Leah must be extremely high on the list, but within the cult of Hweird I think it's more difficult to stick with that, though obvs they wouldn't have had Leah on if they were in Scientology, no way.

For anyone interested, here is a transcript of Madonna's full narcissistic essay. The underlining is hers; I have not added commas or paragraphs; but have corrected spelling mistakes.

J,

I’m sorry about yesterday. I’ve been in such a foul mood lately and I don’t mean to be mean and unkind. I’m just so uncomfortable in my own skin right now. I suppose now that I have some time when I’m actually doing nothing and I’ve cancelled Paris so my mind isn’t occupied 24/7 I suddenly have time to think about my life and what I’m doing with it. You see my frenzy of activity is like an anti-depressant and up until now I’ve always felt like I was unstoppable and could do whatever I liked. I never thought twice. Now I have made so many people angry that I’m being punished and basically made to be quiet and sit in a corner while other less interesting + exciting people are reaping the benefits of the roads I’ve paved. Maybe this is what black people felt like when Elvis Presley got huge. It’s so unequivocally frustrating to read that Whitney Houston has the music career I wish I had and Sharon Stone has the film career I’ll never have. Not because I want to be these women because I’d rather die but they’re so horribly mediocre and they’re always being held up as paragons of virtue and some sort of measuring stick to humiliate me. Everything I do is so original and unique and I put so much of myself into it like my book + record and it’s only brought me heartache + pain and I don’t think I can play the game to be accepted. I’m too intelligent. I have too much pride. Television has ruined America now everything has to be as bland. Nothing can be a departure. Movies are like 2 hour T.V. shows. I feel so discouraged. I was born in the wrong place + time and probably the wrong sex! I always thought that after last years 365 days of blood sweat + tears I could kick back and relax and have a baby and enjoy my success, but I have lost in everyway and now I can’t stop fighting because I feel I’ve lost the fight and now I feel I have no career, no family, nothing permanent or tangible, my outlook on life is black black black that’s why I’m no good for you or anyone else right now. I have to regain my sense of power and my joy for living. Do you understand what I’m saying?

My bitterness gathers like dust.

Louise

I'll give Whitney a pass because at least she could truly sing. Also, she obviously was mentally ill. I can quite believe she was a piece of work though.

:lol: thanks! Kind of appropriate for the discussion topics of this site!
"I'm too intelligent" is too hilarious! Does she go by Louise in private? I know it's her middle name.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.