Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thing with Musk is that he is the kind of person who is willing to get things done because he doesn't really give any fucks who he pisses off (see his recent spats with the FAA about SpaceX test launches). But that also makes him come across as a complete arse.

Reactions: 6
Don't shoot me!
Harry Potter sorry never watched a film nor read a book. But my God how much did it turn into a cult? Never interested in it but hey others are so enjoy but I'll pass ta.
It's the same with me and Game of Thrones, never seen it, don't get the appeal.

Reactions: 15
It's the same with me and Game of Thrones, never seen it, don't get the appeal.
Same as me with Lord of the Rings.
Managed to get a quarter of the way through (a couple of times) mainly skipping over all the flipping Walking Songs but still retired, defeated.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Same as me with Lord of the Rings.
Managed to get a quarter of the way through (a couple of times) mainly skipping over all the flipping Walking Songs but still retired, defeated.
I didn't watch that either. 🤪

I Loved the Harry Potter movies, got them all on DVD but there is no serious obsession like many people seem to have.

Reactions: 2
Tom and Giovanna Fletcher - Used to love them but they are SO desperate to stay relevant, must be loaded beyond belief and still wait to be gifted trips to Disney World and then can't seem to fathom how to write the word #ad on anything they post about it. Infuriates me.

Ant & Dec

Phillip and Holly

Lorraine Kelly - Has her own show yet seems like she's hardly ever there

Really used to hate Fiona on GMTV :ROFLMAO:

I HATE the character David Walliams plays on Britain's Got Talent. It's all an act. He actually comes across very well on other shows I've seen him on.

Amanda Holden

Kate Lawler

Matt Lucas

Beyonce - Saw her at V Fest and she spent more time changing outfits than actually singing. Has a good voice but that's about it.

AJ & Curtis Pritchard :sick::sick:

Wayne Linekar - My friend is obsessed with him. He makes me feel sick.

Jesy Nelson - Needs therapy not social media

Marvin and Rochelle - Boring boring boring

Mrs Hinch - Honestly I have to stop myself falling out with people that like her or I would have no friends left

Stacey Soloman - Annoying & try hard

Lewis Hamilton - Talented but a try hard

Reactions: 17
James Corden - His voice is like nails down a chalkboard, doesn't suit voice acting at all, it's very jarring.

Beyonce - average songs/music

Adele - boring and overrated music

Reactions: 14
James Corden - His voice is like nails down a chalkboard, doesn't suit voice acting at all, it's very jarring.

I'm glad so many people agree about Beyonce, calling her Queen Bey is just so cringe

Reactions: 18

My little one is obsessed with The Emoji Movie and James Cordon voices a character. Actually grit my teeth when I hear his voice. 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Rihanna- dislike her singing voice, don’t think she’s a particularly good performer. Got gifted her Fenty makeup stuff and wasn’t impressed. I just don’t get it.

Reactions: 7
My little one is obsessed with The Emoji Movie and James Cordon voices a character. Actually grit my teeth when I hear his voice. 😬
I do hope you find a good replacement obsession for your little one, for the sake of your marbles, 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Corrie makes me laugh, it’s such a weird street design that I have never seen before where everyone’s all sort of locked in together 😂

And on this street there’s a newsagents, corner shop, pub, flower shop, solicitors, underwear factory, costa, kebab shop, cafe, car garage, taxi firm, tube station, Indian restaurant, bistro, second hand furniture shop 😂
I agree about Corrie. Off topic but Jo Joyner is nice and friendly the times. I have came across her she was chatty and a colleague worked with her on Shakespeare and Hathaway. She told me that Jo brings home made cakes for the crew on the last day of filming Shakespeare and Hathaway.

Reactions: 2
Madonna. Could never stand her. Came across this today

Miley Cyrus.

Chris Evans, Ryan Gosling and the cults that have formed around them.

• Wow
Beyonce.
Gemma Collins.
Kay Burley.
Lewis Hamilton.
Davina Mcall.
Maya Jama.
Michael Buble.
There are more of course but this little selection really,really irrationally give me the rage!!

and I've never watched any of game of thrones or Harry Potter (or read the books).

Ronan Keating - bleep.

Jameela Jamil - another bleep. absolute weapon. I can’t even discuss why I dislike her cause I will just make myself angry.

Beyoncé - Over rated and hasn’t made a good song in nearly a decade

George Ezra - nothing against him personally but his voice is grating

Kristen Bell - heehehe I’m so teeny tiny and cute but so crass and dirty mouthed, shut the duck up you bleep.

Russell Brand - needs a dettol bath and a weekly penicillin shot as he’s a walking venereal disease.

Chrissy Teigen - bully, likes to bully children online, when it was clearly obvious Courtney stodden was a victim of grooming, she thought it was great to insult Courtney. Let’s also not ignore the stuff she said about little girls on twitter, implying she was turned on by little girls on the show toddlers and tiaras. She’s a chipmunk faced bleep who has no claim to fame other than her raging homosexual husbands tit song about her.

Ellie Goulding - I dislike her face and her voice. She always looks like she’s in holding in a tit but is putting on a serious face to hide the fact she’s holding in a tit.

Chris Pratt - I can not stand him after finding out he cheated on Anna Faris after he lost the weight and became a film star, whilst Anna was the breadwinner for the majority of their marriage. Then he marries another woman and becomes a devout Christian Evangelical who is in a church that is openly homophobic and ignores his child with Anna.

Amanda Holden - YOUR CLAIM TO FAME IS MARRYING LES DENNIS AND HAVING AN AFFAIR. WHY ARE YOU STILL ON THE TV !?
YOU SILICON HEADED bleep.

The weird incest siblings on Gogglebox. The sister is always laughing at stuff that is not funny and her chicken faced duck of a brother who has an obsession with his penis and telling his sister about his penis.

Jennifer Lawrence - “HAHAHA I LIKE LOVE PIZZA AND WEARING NO TROUSERS, I MADE OVER 2 MILLION IN ONE DAY. I AM SO RELATABLE!”

Elon Musk - An apartheid prince who is lauded as a genius. When in reality he is an investor who just bought people’s ideas and companies with his families apartheid money and passed them off as his own and is constantly fighting with ugly dirty looking girlfriend online rather than looking after their washing machine named baby. He was born with a silver spoon and upgraded himself to the platinum cultery set of life.

Jesy Nelson - I know the girl has mental health problems but she is doing herself no favours by plastering a duck ton of makeup, doing her hair, slapping a filter on her and then posting a selfie saying “I woke up like this” get therapy and get out of the public eye.

Rita Ora - why is she still on my telly?

Chloe from Geordie Shore - Pete Burns reincarnated and sat in front of a candle for a day.

Gwyneth Paltrow - Big Bird who can’t act and plays the same roles over and over again. She looks like one of the kids from Hanson, how in any way is she deemed beautiful. Don’t get me started on Goop. Her fanny smelling candles, gold vibrators and her vegan going ons. Yes we get it you like bird seed. Not wearing sun screen and blaming her good genes for not having sun aged skin yet looks like a blood hound in a wind tunnel as her face is stapled to the back of her head.
Will you be my best friend??? I feel like we are one person.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Since we've mentioned also films, sports and whatnot..
Here's a thing I could never understand:

AGAs. Why are people so obsessed with this thing????

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have worked for ITV as an assistant lighting director. I have worked on a couple of panel shows and met Holly Willoughby a couple of times. it is well known around ITV that she likes the Marching Powder as does Leigh Francis. It is rumoured that she has a necklace in her dressing room with a small photo of her children and behind the photo she stores a little bit of Marching Powder.
Doesn’t really surprise me about Holly there’s been a few people on the celebrity gossip threads that mention she’s a massive coke head. I guessed that’s how she lost weight and keeps it off

Don't shoot me!
Harry Potter sorry never watched a film nor read a book. But my God how much did it turn into a cult? Never interested in it but hey others are so enjoy but I'll pass ta.
I have seen each of the movies. Maybe twice. Still can't tell you what the hell happened or how many of them in the series!
People I get:
Emma Stone
Emma Willis
Emma Watson
Hmm all Emmas??!

Reactions: 1
Oprah.

Esp as "interviewer".

Having read the reddit Madonna thread I linked above I watched their interview from back in 1996 and then Oprah's "big" Titanic interview and I am just baffled how this woman got all these interviews and why she's considered "good".

She's shyte as hell. Constantly interrupts her interviewees and inserts some shyte that has no relevance.

As examples, James Cameron started to explain elaborately how they set up the set and shot the sinking of the ship (and historical accuracy), incredibly fascinating and just bloody WOW, and fekkin Oprah interrupts him with some shyte and he's like "yeah right, what I meant to say is" and she interrupts him AGAIN, laughs, slaps her knee cuz she so funny (not) and is then like "alright, let's move on" and I'm like "bint WTF he didn't finish and I wanted to hear this you as*hat!!" It really enraged me.

On a more benign level with Madonna, literally this was a bit of the interview:
M "I felt the baby kick for the 1st time on mother's day, it was like my first mother's day surprise"
O "So, it was like a gift!?"
M "Yes, my first mother's day surprise (or tbh some other word which also means "gift")
O (fekkin again!!) "So, it was like a gift!?"
Me 😮🙄🤦‍♀️

Who elevated this woman to these heights and WHY?
Gawd she's a tit interviewer it's unbelievable.

She was also tit with Meg & Harry, lead them onto the narrative she wanted, interrupted and filled in. She does this with all interviews and it's infuriating to listen to.
Or with Michael Jackson at the height of his court case, coveted interview, she got it and she didn't ask tit. Did a house tour asked benign questions and was like "bye" and that was IT. wtf.

The hallmark of a tit INTERVIEWER and I can't say tit interviewer enough, I'm sorry, but WOW, what a tit INTERVIEWER who pays her for these crap interviews???

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.