Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re Carol McGiffen.
Maybe you heard the wrong LW - Denise Welch is more than likely to have said that (2 sons) or Coleen Nolan (also 2 sons).
Colleen Nolan said she listened to her son having sex for 4 mins and that she was impressed! I’m sorry but that is just wrong on so many levels she’s an absolute Cretin that woman

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I agree with most of the ones already posted. One I haven't seen mentioned is Anthony Cotton. That guy is a bellend of the highest order. He really thinks he is something special, and he really isn't. He is so arrogant, and when I've seen him out and about in Manchester he really has this 'do you know who I am?' air about him. He talks to bar staff like tit. He's a crap actor in a soap, but you'd think he was an oscar winning movie star by the way he thinks about himself.

Reactions: 21
Madonna. Could never stand her. Came across this today
Oh, In Bed With Madonna was hailed back in its day for being cutting edge not despite, but because she allowed herself to be filmed being a shite to everyone, and you can trace all iterations of modern reality TV shite back to this moment. Sad, but true.

Madonna has put out some classic pop singles (but none in the last two decades, let's face it, her greats are all 80s/90s stuff), and created some iconic pop culture moments, but by most accounts as always been an absolutely worthless, vicious, self-centred monster of a human being. She seems incapable of being actually even decent to anyone, or wanting to try. I don't think she's remotely alone in this in her field - entertainment is full of self-absorbed narcissists and superficial users as well as outright physically abusive monsters (like her ex Sean Penn) who are less tolerated than celebrated as long as they bring in the cash or make the art, but her achievement was being such a shallow monster and being it openly and somehow gathering a cult of worshippers around her for it while being female. You couldn't end Madonna's career by revealing she was a monster. Quite the opposite. Her inherent monstrousness fed her legend. Even the fans who adore her seem to adore the fact she's an absolute abusive tit to them and really anyone below her on the food chain. What that says about her fanbase is a discussion worth having too.

Her issue now is her ability to put out iconic tunes and create major pop culture moments has long gone, you're left with Madonna the small, crappy human. She's now the female mirror image of the awful rich old man who dates very young women. All the glam has gone, and there's nothing worthwhile, not a song, a voice or a decent personality or even some elder wisdom gained from experience, to mitigate it. What's there is a shell of a human who cannot grasp what she is and is trying to be superficially hot and sexy like a 20 year old. It's kind of a Wizard of Oz, man behind the curtain moment. Or maybe a Baby Jane kind of thing. Or Norma Desmond, but tackier. She's failed to evolve mentally as she's aged, probably because she's incapable. She wants the same old tit she wanted at 22; sex, attention and money and tries to get them in the same old ways that worked for her back in the day. She does come off like a woman who at 62 is still stuck mentally in her own adolescence in many ways.

Reactions: 12
Kim Woodburn - her entire act of being a rude & obnoxious old woman is quite boring. She knew exactly what she was doing when she went into Big Brother & knew how much money she could make by being so unreasonable. She made great tv, but it was completely an act & continues to be so.

Reactions: 9
katherine ryan, I find her way of speaking and her delivery really irritating

Reactions: 22
Holly Willoughby - I don't buy the sweetness and light act and find it tedious that she presents most ITV shows that require a presenter.

Giovanna Fletcher - Another sickly sweet everyone's BFF type. I'm irrationally irked by how frumpy she is for a relatively young and wealthy woman in show business.

Laura Whitmore - So smug. She hates the tabloids, except when she's phoning them up for her staged pap shots. Always bemoaning her right to privacy. Calm down Love you're a Z list celeb, you're hardly Beyonce.

Taylor Swift - too much to get into there 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Giovanna Fletcher - Another sickly sweet everyone's BFF type. I'm irrationally irked by how frumpy she is for a relatively young and wealthy woman in show business.
Me too, me too. And I genuinely thought that she's Tom Fletcher's mum

• Haha
Reactions: 14
SAS Who Dares Wins - Ant Middleton just loves himself & loves himself some more

Katie Price - How much more bullshit can she come out with? Just want her to disappear & not be given any media coverage!

Reactions: 6
Bradley Walsh.
Laura Whitmore.
Noel Gallagher.
Philip Schofield,
Stacey Soloman.
All the loose women.
Sam Smith.
Cardi B.
Dermot O’leary always looks like he’s either jizzed his pants or is stifling a boner.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Tom Hardy. Why so many women get so excited over this squat man who looks like any random guy in a pub, I will never know.

The three main Harry Potter kids. Couldn’t act then, definitely can’t act now.

Timothy Chalamet. duck boy written all over him.

Reactions: 12
Im delighted that so many people are impervious to the delights of Tom Hardy. It’s doing my odds of nabbing him the world of good. 😳
On the other hand, I cannot see the allure of Bradley Cooper - shark eyed serial-killer-looking pile of meh, Brad Pitt - dull as heck and looks like he needs dunking in a sheep dip, and Leonardo diCaprio - bleurgh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Im delighted that so many people are impervious to the delights of Tom Hardy. It’s doing my odds of nabbing him the world of good. 😳
On the other hand, I cannot see the allure of Bradley Cooper - shark eyed serial-killer-looking pile of meh, Brad Pitt - dull as heck and looks like he needs dunking in a sheep dip, and Leonardo diCaprio - bleurgh.
I think Brad Pitt looked/looks better as he has aged. Never understood his appeal as a young actor.

Reactions: 3
katherine ryan, I find her way of speaking and her delivery really irritating
I used to find her irritating until I listened to her podcast. I changed my opinion then and find her funny but I get what you mean about delivery 🤣

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.