Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kaley Cuoco and Christina Applegate - for similar reasons in that they just come across as blah actresses. I simply don't get the hype surrounding them. "The Flight Attendant" would have been far better without Kaley.
Kaley Cuoco is a strange one. She just seemed to get blander as time went on. I loved her in 8 Simple Rules and the early series of BBT. But she just lost her spark and charisma somewhere along the way.

Reactions: 7
Pretty much every single 'Mukbang' youtuber.
Had a flatmate who adored them and their pointless drama, and would put it on speaker all the time - drove me near mental!! To me it's just a lot of people glorifying binge-eating and making money off wasting huge amounts of food and money. The original concept ('eating dinner with' someone online) is quite cute, and I can see how it would help lonelier subscribers, but as usual certain people have taken it too far. The food they eat always looks vile, too... and most of the comments under these videos show people being proud of their own disordered eating habits. It's just grim!

Reactions: 9
The family of Steve Irwin crocodile Hunter - how do they get so much publicity? They’re in the news all the time!! Yes it’s sad he died etc and yes it’s nice the daughter got married and had baby but do I really need to read about it daily 😴 He wasn’t even that big over here??

Reactions: 16
Going back to Madonna, I don't dislike her or anything (despite her obvious and severe narcissism), but I really don't think anything she did was that revolutionary. It was all just cheap shock tactics. Anyone else pulling the same same publicity stunts would have got the same reaction. But no one else bothered because it mostly had no true political or artistic value, other than to annoy people.

Madonna has coasted by her whole career based on the bare minimum of talent in terms of singing, dancing and acting, combined with massive ambition, good fashion sense, and a skill for public relations.

Reactions: 8
Billie Piper
Graham Norton
Holly &Phil
Holly
Phil
Laura Whitmore
Frankie Bridge
James Martin

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Holly and Phil- annoying smug twats
James Corden- America can keep him, thank you

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Billie Piper
Graham Norton
Holly &Phil
Holly
Phil
Laura Whitmore
Frankie Bridge
James Martin
I quite liked Laura Whitmore when she did Love Island and other bits of presenting, but I can't stand her on Celebrity Juice (Emily Atack too) so stopped watching that. And her instagram, I just find a bit cringe.

Reactions: 1
I quite liked Laura Whitmore when she did Love Island and other bits of presenting, but I can't stand her on Celebrity Juice (Emily Atack too) so stopped watching that. And her instagram, I just find a bit cringe.
There's something very off about her to me I can't quite put my foot on it - aloofness? Arrogance I'm not sure 🤔

Reactions: 8
Adele. I just don’t get the appeal. To my ears she has a grating voice and horrible, mannered intonation. She also seems to have the personality of a foul mouthed fishwife.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Kylie.
Genuinely never understood her appeal.Voice like a geriatric budgie, couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag, and underneath the faux cute exterior I think there beats a heart of stone.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Kylie.
Genuinely never understood her appeal.Voice like a geriatric budgie, couldn’t act her way out of a paper bag, and underneath the faux cute exterior I think there beats a heart of stone.
Never got it either & the U.K. seems to have adopted her as some national treasure/nations sweetheart 🤢

Reactions: 5
I think in the UK nobody really seems to care about Kylie's private life. They just like the cute Kylie who pops up every now and again looking good. She seems pretty lucky to have never been bothered by the media and just appears when she wants to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Kaley Cuoco and Christina Applegate - for similar reasons in that they just come across as blah actresses. I simply don't get the hype surrounding them. "The Flight Attendant" would have been far better without Kaley.
I think she ruined the flight attendant. I've never watched her in anything before. I will never watch anything she's in again :ROFLMAO:

Kaley is on my list.
Stacey Solomon
Stacey Dooley
Holly and Phil
Harry and Meghan
Nicole Scherzinger
The Kardashians

Reactions: 4
Mark Wright
Jeremy Kyle
Eamon Homes
Robbie Williams
James Cordon
Bradley Walsh
Peter Andre
Mylene Klass
Ulrika Jonsson
Colleen Nolan
Nadia Sawahla

All make me cringe 😬

Reactions: 5
Never got it either & the U.K. seems to have adopted her as some national treasure/nations sweetheart 🤢
National treasure my arse.
We sent Australia some convicts a couple of hundred years ago and they retaliated by inflicting Kylie, Peter Andre and Amanda Platell on us. Really think we got the crappy end of the stick.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Holly and Philip! Absolute twats they are! The stupid dancing and bursting into laughter every 5 mins it’s just embarrassing and they make a mockery of an already quite tit programme!
jojo siwa 😬 she makes my ears bleed and my brain wobble my daughter is obsessed 😭!
brian blesset or whatever he’s name is god just no need to be that loud and obnoxious 🙄

Reactions: 6
There's something very off about her to me I can't quite put my foot on it - aloofness? Arrogance I'm not sure 🤔
I know someone who worked with her once many years ago when she was just becoming a name in the UK and even then she was completely up her own arse.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.