Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same. I know so many people who’ve had bad breaks with long durations in a cast, even in childhood and so it never appealed to me.
I always just think about that british presenter (I think she was - maybe actor) who had a severe head injury from a skiing accident and died. It is like most people have no idea how actually risky it is

Reactions: 3
I always just think about that british presenter (I think she was - maybe actor) who had a severe head injury from a skiing accident and died. It is like most people have no idea how actually risky it is
Are you thinking of Natasha Richardson? Liam Neeson's wife.

Reactions: 5
Natasha Richardson? Liam Neeson’s wife.

Reactions: 2
Loving this thread. Might have been said already but Charlotte Crosby. I don’t need my ears blasted to shreds with her shout talking every time she appears anywhere.

Also emily shak or any other ‘insta model’. Oxygen thives, the lot of them.

Reactions: 4
The Royals in general. I get the appeal to the Americans and other overseas people as they're a bit of a novelty. "Off to Buckingham palace to see the Queen" etc.

But here they're just well past their sell by date. I hate how any bit of Royal news will dominate a whole news broadcast, I hate how they're seen as demi-gods. Even the so called 'cool' ones are just as annoying.

I actually think they set the UK back many years in terms of progression. All very London-centric, dated concepts. Which in turn makes the UK in general look dated and generally out of touch. (When in fact the general population is not)

Reactions: 19
I also don't get how everyone seems to have forgotten about ( whichever one of them it was, I can never remember who is who) who was arrested for drink driving
Not just arrested but convicted in court. The man could've killed the family he drove into but ITV think we can't cope without him. I cannot stand piers morgan but i dont see how they can effectively fire him for what he said about meghan v ant committing a dangerous crime

Even without Ant, i'd still can Saturday night takeaway, I'd rather drink bleach than endure a single minute of it

Reactions: 13
Kay bleeping Burley - Massive twit, used to make me want to throw my spaniel at the TV.

Soap operas - how come they all eat in cafes and use laundrettes? My road is 10 times bigger than corrie so how does Corrie have so much crime, corruption and drama and mine have none (well unless you count the time I knocked someone over the road up at 6am and used every swear word I know after I saw footage of him on my CCTV pissing up my front gate at 3am).

Tom Cruise - Pint sized prick with a giant ego.

Piers Morgan - Dont....know....where....to...start

Saturday night TV - Do they think everyone has had a lobotomy on a saturday?

Gemma Collins - Jesus her ego is bigger than her arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I honestly don't even understand what's funny about Gemma Collins outside of the few genuine moments she's had

Forever chasing those, I guess, but it's really just not funny

Reactions: 10
I honestly don't even understand what's funny about Gemma Collins outside of the few genuine moments she's had

Forever chasing those, I guess, but it's really just not funny
Happy to say, I have never watched TOWIE and never want to.

Reactions: 10
Not just arrested but convicted in court. The man could've killed the family he drove into but ITV think we can't cope without him. I cannot stand piers morgan but i dont see how they can effectively fire him for what he said about meghan v ant committing a dangerous crime

Even without Ant, i'd still can Saturday night takeaway, I'd rather drink bleach than endure a single minute of it
yeah totally agree, in my opinion DUI is just one of the worst things you can do, especially when he clearly could afford a taxi/driver!

Reactions: 5
skiing, i don't like the cold but still it just seems really dangerous to me
Same with horse riding... A teenage girl I know has had her eye knocked out and face destroyed by a spooked horse, which was otherwise friendly and calm....

I don't think anyone's mentioned Rihanna yet? Her. I do love what she's done with her make-up line (covering about any skin colour in existence (or so it seems)) and lingerie (all sizes), but I don't get the fascination with her otherwise.

I agree on the royals and esp the camps that have been birthed in the last few years where you're instantly branded a "hater" if you criticize someone's fave royal (which in itself.. goodness me) or can't say something nice about someone who's very disliked. Not even "that outfit was nice", because immediately everyone's a seamstress/tailor and can point out 500 "faults". :rolleyes:

That said, stan-culture overall, "shipping" people/couples/hoping for certain celebs to hook up you don't know personally, fan camps, cringe fan-fiction (sometimes about real people, ie celebs, even erotica), not being able to accept criticism on celebs you like...

Celeb worship was always bad, but I feel like it's reached new levels in the past decade.

Reactions: 12
Most soap actors,when they are interviewed they are the same as their characters, there are exceptions but very few,money for old rope me thinks.

Reactions: 4
Ed Sheeran! I dont have anything against Gingers- my eldest crotch goblin is ginger, but jesus christ.... People talk about Sheeran like he is the next Bob Dylan!! duck off! lol
When he breaks into rap it makes me CRINGE

Reactions: 7
Can’t get the attraction of Ant & Dec! Just something about them gives me the heebie jeebies! Can’t stand them. Phillip Schofield never seems to be off tv. Annoys me with how swarmy he is & so arrogant. Bad Vibes about him.

All the Geordie Shore females are clones of each other & just nasty nasty. As for the males they are just horrid!

Gemma Collins just no! Too much in your face & drama. Loves the attention & limelight.

Reactions: 9
Tom Hardy - don't find him attractive at all.

Russell Brand - needs a really good bath in bleach. Makes my skin crawl and his voice 🤮.

Russel Crowe- Went to see that road rage film he did last year and pissed myself all the way through at how tit he was. He just grunted and heavy breathed all the way through it. Appalling film and actor. If the girl had legged it there is no way he would have caught her.

Reactions: 6
Gemma Collins - makes my teeth itch, she’s awful.
Paul Hollywood - dirty slimey old man who loves himself far more than anybody else ever will.
Boris - how any woman sleeps with him I will never but he appears up there with Mick Jagger for assorted kids and general shagging about.
Carol Voderman - I found her very crass when Richard Whiteley died, it was like she was playing the grieving widow taking about their ‘special relationship’ it was so disrespectful to his partner.
Ant - The drink driving was disgusting, the way he treated his ex wife and splashes his new partner over the press is awful.

Reactions: 9
Kay bleeping Burley - Massive twit, used to make me want to throw my spaniel at the TV.

Soap operas - how come they all eat in cafes and use laundrettes? My road is 10 times bigger than corrie so how does Corrie have so much crime, corruption and drama and mine have none (well unless you count the time I knocked someone over the road up at 6am and used every swear word I know after I saw footage of him on my CCTV pissing up my front gate at 3am).

Tom Cruise - Pint sized prick with a giant ego.

Piers Morgan - Dont....know....where....to...start

Saturday night TV - Do they think everyone has had a lobotomy on a saturday?

Gemma Collins - Jesus her ego is bigger than her arse.
Corrie makes me laugh, it’s such a weird street design that I have never seen before where everyone’s all sort of locked in together 😂

And on this street there’s a newsagents, corner shop, pub, flower shop, solicitors, underwear factory, costa, kebab shop, cafe, car garage, taxi firm, tube station, Indian restaurant, bistro, second hand furniture shop 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Any Kardashian/Jenner

Lewis Capaldi
Justin Bieber
Ed Sheeran

Any reality tv participant

holly Willoughby
Philip schofield
I have worked for ITV as an assistant lighting director. I have worked on a couple of panel shows and met Holly Willoughby a couple of times. it is well known around ITV that she likes the Marching Powder as does Leigh Francis. It is rumoured that she has a necklace in her dressing room with a small photo of her children and behind the photo she stores a little bit of Marching Powder.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
Ronan Keating - bleep.

Jameela Jamil - another bleep. absolute weapon. I can’t even discuss why I dislike her cause I will just make myself angry.

Beyoncé - Over rated and hasn’t made a good song in nearly a decade

George Ezra - nothing against him personally but his voice is grating

Kristen Bell - heehehe I’m so teeny tiny and cute but so crass and dirty mouthed, shut the duck up you bleep.

Russell Brand - needs a dettol bath and a weekly penicillin shot as he’s a walking venereal disease.

Chrissy Teigen - bully, likes to bully children online, when it was clearly obvious Courtney stodden was a victim of grooming, she thought it was great to insult Courtney. Let’s also not ignore the stuff she said about little girls on twitter, implying she was turned on by little girls on the show toddlers and tiaras. She’s a chipmunk faced bleep who has no claim to fame other than her raging homosexual husbands tit song about her.

Ellie Goulding - I dislike her face and her voice. She always looks like she’s in holding in a tit but is putting on a serious face to hide the fact she’s holding in a tit.

Chris Pratt - I can not stand him after finding out he cheated on Anna Faris after he lost the weight and became a film star, whilst Anna was the breadwinner for the majority of their marriage. Then he marries another woman and becomes a devout Christian Evangelical who is in a church that is openly homophobic and ignores his child with Anna.

Amanda Holden - YOUR CLAIM TO FAME IS MARRYING LES DENNIS AND HAVING AN AFFAIR. WHY ARE YOU STILL ON THE TV !?
YOU SILICON HEADED bleep.

The weird incest siblings on Gogglebox. The sister is always laughing at stuff that is not funny and her chicken faced duck of a brother who has an obsession with his penis and telling his sister about his penis.

Jennifer Lawrence - “HAHAHA I LIKE LOVE PIZZA AND WEARING NO TROUSERS, I MADE OVER 2 MILLION IN ONE DAY. I AM SO RELATABLE!”

Elon Musk - An apartheid prince who is lauded as a genius. When in reality he is an investor who just bought people’s ideas and companies with his families apartheid money and passed them off as his own and is constantly fighting with ugly dirty looking girlfriend online rather than looking after their washing machine named baby. He was born with a silver spoon and upgraded himself to the platinum cultery set of life.

Jesy Nelson - I know the girl has mental health problems but she is doing herself no favours by plastering a duck ton of makeup, doing her hair, slapping a filter on her and then posting a selfie saying “I woke up like this” get therapy and get out of the public eye.

Rita Ora - why is she still on my telly?

Chloe from Geordie Shore - Pete Burns reincarnated and sat in front of a candle for a day.

Gwyneth Paltrow - Big Bird who can’t act and plays the same roles over and over again. She looks like one of the kids from Hanson, how in any way is she deemed beautiful. Don’t get me started on Goop. Her fanny smelling candles, gold vibrators and her vegan going ons. Yes we get it you like bird seed. Not wearing sun screen and blaming her good genes for not having sun aged skin yet looks like a blood hound in a wind tunnel as her face is stapled to the back of her head.
Elon Musk - An apartheid prince who is lauded as a genius. When in reality he is an investor who just bought people’s ideas and companies with his families apartheid money and passed them off as his own and is constantly fighting with ugly dirty looking girlfriend online rather than looking after their washing machine named baby. He was born with a silver spoon and upgraded himself to the platinum cultery set of life.
Really I didn’t know that!! I thought he hadn’t a pot to piss in when he started !! That it was all off his own back !!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.