Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was quick, are you her agent?? My life has now been forfeited so I will slightly edit my post so as not to be libellous. Someone said it though, I'm sure!
Re Carol McGiffen.
Maybe you heard the wrong LW - Denise Welch is more than likely to have said that (2 sons) or Coleen Nolan (also 2 sons).

Last edited:
Carol Vorderman. Absolutely goppingly appalling woman.
The laugh.
The new teeth she clearly rented from Shergar.
The puffy hamster cheeks and impossibly smooth, immobile forehead
The gigantic, Kardashianesque arse that is almost certainly visible from space.
And the endless farticles claiming how young and fabulous she looks, accompanied by numerous photos of Carol, with a face like a slightly surprised haddock, squeezed into skintight something or other like an overstuffed sausage.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Paul Hollywood - he gives me rage and lots of it. Fat smarmy bastard.

Mel & Sue - not funny at all. How have they got careers

ANY radio DJ - just play the bleeping music.

Loose women (all of them) - full of opinions (full of 💩 more like).

Ellie Goulding - the rancid goat like noise coming from her vocal chords is enough to make me want to skewer my own ears.

Oh and any comedian - honestly dont find any of them funny (no I am not a miserable 💩).

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ed Sheeran! I dont have anything against Gingers- my eldest crotch goblin is ginger, but jesus christ.... People talk about Sheeran like he is the next Bob Dylan!! duck off! lol

I like him for things like that. He's got a few hundred million but still wants to dress in cheap looking clothes. He's down to earth, can fill a stadium as a solo act and doesn't go looking for fame. Judging from the camera angle from the back, he could buy his wife some bigger less tight shorts though :D

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Don't shoot me!
Harry Potter sorry never watched a film nor read a book. But my God how much did it turn into a cult? Never interested in it but hey others are so enjoy but I'll pass ta.

Reactions: 19
Don't shoot me!
Harry Potter sorry never watched a film nor read a book. But my God how much did it turn into a cult? Never interested in it but hey others are so enjoy but I'll pass ta.
especially how many adults are so obsessed with it, I have read a fewa of the books and seen a couple of the films but am pretty indifferent tbh

Reactions: 10
Jameela Jamil. Needs to shut the duck up and sit on her arse. She can’t be an expert on everything. Just, ssshh
Don't you know she once sat on her arse and managed to break every bone in her lower body. How dare you be sittus onus thus arseist. 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 6
especially how many adults are so obsessed with it, I have read a fewa of the books and seen a couple of the films but am pretty indifferent tbh
Each to their own but I just did not get it. But yes very obsessed are some

I like him for things like that. He's got a few hundred million but still wants to dress in cheap looking clothes. He's down to earth, can fill a stadium as a solo act and doesn't go looking for fame. Judging from the camera angle from the back, he could buy his wife some bigger less tight shorts though :D
Oh i have no doubt he is a nice enough person. But my gripe is with the people who reckon he is the 2nd coming and up there with Bob Dylan in terms of song writing. Plus i heard his cover of Dont think twice its alright and it was awful.

Reactions: 3

Really winds me up when people cover prams with a blanket, must be like a frigging oven inside. Just buy a proper pram shade FFS.

Another for Ant & Dec. Just do not understand them at all.
I also don't get how everyone seems to have forgotten about ( whichever one of them it was, I can never remember who is who) who was arrested for drink driving

Reactions: 9
This is what makes least sense to me. I read three or four of the books when I was above the age of 16 and you can tell that the books are written for children, so the writing style is uncomfortable to read.

I get the people who got into the 'fandom' when they were kids but like adults, I just don't understand.

Not to say you can't enjoy the book but it's not exactly some literary genius either tbh. A lot of the young adult books are written better than that

Reactions: 5
This is what makes least sense to me. I read three or four of the books when I was above the age of 16 and you can tell that the books are written for children, so the writing style is uncomfortable to read.

I get the people who got into the 'fandom' when they were kids but like adults, I just don't understand.

Not to say you can't enjoy the book but it's not exactly some literary genius either tbh. A lot of the young adult books are written better than that
For me it's just comfort I guess, I really enjoyed the books when I was a child, grew up with them and read them loads of times. It's like going back to memories and also nice to read them again when I'm feeling tit. Just like some people like rewatching their "comfort" shows or films again and again.

Reactions: 8
I feel the same about Harry Potter - was obsessed with the books when I was a kid, read the final books as a teenager because I wanted to know how the story ends. Going back to the first three books and films just feels nostalgic, although I have only done it once or twice.

I don't get the public appeal of the Marvel Universe - Avengers and all that. But I don't think I'm in their target demographic. 😄

Edit: oops, just realised the question was about people / personas!

skiing, i don't like the cold but still it just seems really dangerous to me

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Paul twatface Hollywood - Not sure if that's his real middle name but it should be. What the duck do people see in this umpa lumpa. I can't bear to look at his smug face, that crappy little multi coloured cluster duck of a goatee and clothes that are always at least one size to small.

Gross individual - I hope he gets knocked of his Harley-Davidson and lands in a pile of steaming cow shite

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Paul twatface Hollywood - Not sure if that's his real middle name but it should be. What the duck do people see in this umpa lumpa. I can't bear to look at his smug face, that crappy little multi coloured cluster duck of a goatee and clothes that are always at least one size to small.

Gross individual - I hope he gets knocked of his Harley-Davidson and lands in a pile of steaming cow shite
I also don't like Mary Berry, controversial maybe, but she has said on numerous occasions about how feminism has done nothing for her etc... I mean without it she wouldn't be able to open her own bank account etc... she seems like a nice old grandma but...

Reactions: 11
skiing, i don't like the cold but still it just seems really dangerous to me
Same. I know so many people who’ve had bad breaks with long durations in a cast, even in childhood and so it never appealed to me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.