Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nadia Sawalha and most of the Loose Women. The show has had its day.
totally agree, I hadn't watched it for years but now being in furlough I am at home, but the last time I had seen it (years ago) seemed quite natural conversation, almost like just between friends, now it just seems a bit "pantomimy" at times

Reactions: 6
Speaking of shows that have had their time, sorry maybe controversial here, Love Island. Yes teens, Adults 25 and younger love it. It's a way to become "famous" and get money but my god you don't half sell your soul on there.
Yesterday that Montana Brown says you dont see half of what happens and people are "at it" everywhere. Sorry but trash.

Reactions: 13
I hate ariana grandes songs and voice. I don't really listen to any recent music so I didn't actually know it was her but kept hearing all these awful songs, with lyrics sounding like ones I was making up in the shower when I was a teenager, and a horrible winy voice. Thought music really is getting bad but then I realised all these songs were ariana grandes. No idea how people can listen to that.
Ariana Grande could be a good, powerful singer BUT she sings in this whispery extremely lazy fashion. She runs all her words into each other like she cannot be bothered to even say the full word. One of my friends was from California and when she moved back and would visit back to Scotland, I noticed she reverted to that very lazy California style speech. bleeping infuriating.

I agree with all those mentioning Beyoncé and the Karash-Jenners. Basic, boring, bland. All of them.

Jameela Jamil. Needs to shut the duck up and sit on her arse. She can’t be an expert on everything. Just, ssshh.

Molly Mae Hague - Nope. Will never be my “goals”. Vapid excuse for a “celebrity”

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I agree with people who said Ricky Gervais. To me he always had a knack of hiding in between a talented cast and taking the credit. I like that Scottish woman he always works with. And in The Office other characters became more interesting than him pretty quickly.

Reactions: 7
Ariana Grande could be a good, powerful singer BUT she sings in this whispery extremely lazy fashion. She runs all her words into each other like she cannot be bothered to even say the full word. One of my friends was from California and when she moved back and would visit back to Scotland, I noticed she reverted to that very lazy California style speech. bleeping infuriating.
You’re right about the words running into each other. She needs to learn to enunciate. She sings like the words have no syllables and they are just one long word

I'm realising that I don't like any celebrities or public figures at all really! A few more that stand out as being totally unlikeable to me:

Alex Jones from the One Show; wooden presenting and when she presents with Ronan Keating its even worse as neither of them have any presenting skill at all.

Kimberley Walsh; Does nothing these days and is annoying yet is bum licked by the Mail Online as if we should all be enthralled by her bump photos

Gok Wan; was good on How to Look Good Naked but has had his day and his presenting style is very dated now

Anyone from McFly or Busted; Go Away! Your bands are long defunct!
Gok Wan looks rather plump these days

Jess Glynn; can't sing anywhere near as well as she thinks she can, and I don't think I've read a nice word about what she's like as a person
Sings like a foghorn

Reactions: 4
Man Utd fans..... specifically the cockney utd fans who have never stepped foot in old trafford in their lives.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hate ariana grandes songs and voice. I don't really listen to any recent music so I didn't actually know it was her but kept hearing all these awful songs, with lyrics sounding like ones I was making up in the shower when I was a teenager, and a horrible winy voice. Thought music really is getting bad but then I realised all these songs were ariana grandes. No idea how people can listen to that.

without that god awful bombing at her Manchester concert i really doubt she would be so popular,had never heard of her before but then im old x

Reactions: 4
I happened to catch part of 'Loose Women' and I really don't know how as I don't watch it (honest). I will swear on my life that Carol McGiffen (Google imaged her to check) said that one of her son's friends said she was a MILF. She said she didn't know what it meant but was told it was 'good' or words to that effect. My flabber was never so gasted. Edit: As shown below, I am wrong about this assertion so apologies if it broke any rules/caused any offence. I was clearly wrong with my recall.

Never heard anything by Ariana Grande but on whiny voices I would like to add Paloma Faith to the list, if only for the advert where she retches something like 'I gurta be me.'

Last edited:
I happened to catch part of 'Loose Women' and I really don't know how as I don't watch it (honest). I will swear on my life that Carol McGiffen (Google imaged her to check) said that one of her son's friends said she was a MILF. She said she didn't know what it meant but was told it was 'good' or words to that effect. My flabber was never so gasted.

Never heard anything by Ariana Grande but on whiny voices I would like to add Paloma Faith to the list, if only for the advert where she retches something like 'I gurta be me.'
Carol McGiffen doesn’t have children. She has a much younger husband.

Reactions: 5
That was quick, are you her agent?? My life has now been forfeited so I will slightly edit my post so as not to be libellous. Someone said it though, I'm sure!

Last edited:
This thread is making me wonder why I bother watching tv, as I despise most of the people on it.

Lorraine Kelly is an inane, cackling harpy whose career is completely inexplicable. She must have photos of the controller of ITV in an extremely compromising position.

Peter Andre. What a bleeping tool. I’m not saying Jordan isn’t a nightmare, but Andre and his hard faced cow of a manager really did a number on her. The guy suddenly thinks he’s a medical expert because he married that simpering twit of a wife, who is clearly gagging to give up medicine and retrain as a z lister.
Couldn't agree more

Reactions: 5
Ed Sheeran! I dont have anything against Gingers- my eldest crotch goblin is ginger, but jesus christ.... People talk about Sheeran like he is the next Bob Dylan!! duck off! lol

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Paul Hollywood. You are not a SilverFox, you are a middle aged man who believes his own hype trying to squeeze into jeans at least a size too small. Anyone receiving a handshake probably needs to dunk said hand straight into a bath of Dettol.

Carol Vorderman. When being a professional Welsh person is the least of it.

Harry Styles. Wearing the contents of the Reception Class dressing up box does not make you David Bowie. That also requires talent and a level of cool well outside your grasp.

Katy Perry. Never bothered me much until she was a guest judge on Masterchef Australia when she was just nails down a blackboard and now I have an official twitch.

similar to friend’s hubby who insists that Piss Off Is actually La Dooley’s first name.

Reactions: 14
Paul Hollywood. You are not a SilverFox, you are a middle aged man who believes his own hype trying to squeeze into jeans at least a size too small. Anyone receiving a handshake probably needs to dunk said hand straight into a bath of Dettol.

Carol Vorderman. When being a professional Welsh person is the least of it.

Harry Styles. Wearing the contents of the Reception Class dressing up box does not make you David Bowie. That also requires talent and a level of cool well outside your grasp.

Katy Perry. Never bothered me much until she was a guest judge on Masterchef Australia when she was just nails down a blackboard and now I have an official twitch.

similar to friend’s hubby who insists that Piss Off Is actually La Dooley’s first name.
LOVE LOVE LOVE what you said about Harry Styles!! Seeing him suck up to Stevie Nicks and listening to him duck up Fleetwood Mac makes me feel the rage!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.