Who do you just NOT get the public appeal of and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This thread is making me wonder why I bother watching tv, as I despise most of the people on it.

Lorraine Kelly is an inane, cackling harpy whose career is completely inexplicable. She must have photos of the controller of ITV in an extremely compromising position.

Peter Andre. What a bleeping tool. I’m not saying Jordan isn’t a nightmare, but Andre and his hard faced cow of a manager really did a number on her. The guy suddenly thinks he’s a medical expert because he married that simpering twit of a wife, who is clearly gagging to give up medicine and retrain as a z lister.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Lorraine Kelly is an inane, cackling harpy whose career is completely inexplicable. She must have photos of the controller of ITV in an extremely compromising position.
There’s photos of her in an extremely compromising position if you Google or read the secret celeb gossip thread 😵

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
James O Brian on LBC

moan moan moan

I much prefer Majid Nawaz because he takes both sides and puts forward well reasoned points and holds his hands up to his past

Eddie Mair is so witty sharp and funny

Reactions: 1
Kendall Jenner - she’s just so plain looking. Nothing wrong with that (I’m nothing special either) but she’s considered a supermodel? She’s also literally ripped off Emily Ratajkowski’s face and is still praised for not having any work done. I don’t get it.
Can't stand any of the Karkrashian/Jenner clan, the Kards basically made it famous because Kim swallows 💦🤮🤷🏻‍♀️
The 2 Jenners have got permanent tans and lots of work done to make themselves look more Armenian like the Kards even though everybody knows they have 2 white parents 🤦🏼‍♀️ ya only have to Google them from when they were teenagers to see their before pics ffs. Absolute sheows the lot of them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Beyonce
Coronation St/Eastenders/Emmerdale etc
Mrs Browns bleeping Boys
The Kardashians
Mrs Hinch
Ant and Dec

Reactions: 11
Any Jenner/Kardashian. Particularly Kylie. I find her fame & wealth grotesque and to be honest, quite fraudulent. The comedianne Jade Adams does a great and honest review of Kylie Jenner. She used to be an average looking girl, had massive amounts of work done, particularly her lips. Claimed it was down to a particular lipstick and then sold it to naive and impressionable young girls. Making her a ‘self made’ billionaire. The whole thing is just bizarre.
To say that Kylie was a self-made billionaire grinds my fuckin GEARS 😡😡
What, the help and the platform she already had to build her business in the first place makes her self made? Jog the duck on.
6 months before her billionaire status and her mug was once again plastered all over the show, make up artist Pat McGrath, who literally built herself up from nothin, was named a self made billionaire. Where was her fanfare? Why didn't I see her picture plastered all over the place and congrats? Fuckin nowhere that's where.
Another one Oprah, came from nothing and was a self made billionaire about 20 years ago, and is since one nearly 3 times over, dont remember that being made a fuss of??
THEY are true self-made billionaires not witches like Kylie.
Neither are Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg or Jeff Bezos, they all had a bunk up or a handout from someone along the lines that doesn't make you truly self made. Forbes are just fuckin twisted and are probably being bought off to say people are self made by changing the rules all the fuckin time. Absolute BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Bit of blast from the past but never got the appeal of Mr Blobby back in the 90's.

There would be presenters there just doing their job and he'd come in and trash the room shouting "Blobby Blobby Blobby!". Seemed like a right dick at the time.

Apparently back then he had a raging coke habit so it kind of makes sense now.

Wonder what he's up to these days

🤔
1) Mr blobby still scares the living bejesus out of me and I’m almost 30
2) the fact he had a coke habit has blown my mind
3) that video with mrs blobby in the airport and they keep falling over is the only thing that I can watch that makes me cry laughing ...which as I say in 1) is quite ironic 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
To say that Kylie was a self-made billionaire grinds my fuckin GEARS 😡😡
What, the help and the platform she already had to build her business in the first place makes her self made? Jog the duck on.
6 months before her billionaire status and her mug was once again plastered all over the show, make up artist Pat McGrath, who literally built herself up from nothin, was named a self made billionaire. Where was her fanfare? Why didn't I see her picture plastered all over the place and congrats? Fuckin nowhere that's where.
Another one Oprah, came from nothing and was a self made billionaire about 20 years ago, and is since one nearly 3 times over, dont rember that being made a fuss of??
THEY are true self-made billionaires not witches like Kylie.
Neither are Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg or Jeff Bezos, they all had a bunk up or a handout from someone along the lines that doesn't make you truly self made. Forbes are just fuckin twisted and are probably being bought off to say people are self made by changing the rules all the fuckin time. Absolute BS.
To add to this..
Not even a billionaire. She doesn't have billions, it was bs and that Forbes would just take Kris J's word for it is nuts.

So many have been mentioned, I don't think anyone's mentioned Jennifer Lawrence yet. Do not get her appeal, she's not funny, or "quirky" or "honest", she grinds my gears. She's been a bit out of the spotlight the past few years, thankfully.

Woody Allen. Why? How?

Reactions: 17
To add to this..
Not even a billionaire. She doesn't have billions, it was bs and that Forbes would just take Kris J's word for it is nuts.

So many have been mentioned, I don't think anyone's mentioned Jennifer Lawrence yet. Do not get her appeal, she's not funny, or "quirky" or "honest", she grinds my gears. She's been a bit out of the spotlight the past few years, thankfully.

Woody Allen. Why? How?
Forbes are just unreliable wankers now, don't think anyone will take them seriously anymore after that debacle.

Reactions: 5
i feel like it's not enough for me to just like all the posts that said it so i have to write it again: BEYONCE
can't stand the worship she receives for absolutely no reason, sorry!

oh, and billie eilish. her voice is nice but she really needs to shower

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I really don't get the Billie stuff also

How she she doesn't want to be sexualised which is fair enough and understandable but then went out and sexualised herself in one of her shows to make a point about body positivity or something. Just rubbed me the wrong way
Also the whole I'm not like the other girls thing she has going on

ALSO HER MERCH IS SO UGLY.

Reactions: 6
Lock jaw Ruth Langsford
Lorraine Kelly - can't interview
Holly W - annoying, lies about wearing fake tan and lies about bleaching her own hair😂
Stacey Solomon
Peter Andre - smug
Lad baby and his face gurning wife
Ben Shepard - always looks like he is falling asleep

To be honest during the pandemic I have seen a side to most z-listers and influencers I just haven't liked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
She says vooing for viewing. Sorry if you are Welsh but she is so irritating.
I really don’t think she used to be like that either. She seems to snap every word in two to make herself sound more welsh.

I can’t stand anyone who has zero talent and makes millions of pounds. All of the Kardashians/ Jenners, any influencer really, especially the ones who get all pissed off when they’re asked about promotions.

All of those daytime presenters like Schofield, Willoughby, Hammond, anyone who feels the need to repeatedly appear on reality tv to remain relevant.
Hinch, Solomon, the Nolan’s, all of the cast of the housewives shows, and how businesses fawn over them mentioning them... the culture of giving rich people free stuff really pisses me off!!!

I also find it irritating how comedians are automatically made presenters nowadays. Some are ok, mainly the ones who’ve had their own shows. But I saw an advert for one Katherine Ryan is presenting and it looks woeful.

Anyone who’s line is ‘look now massively cool and quirky I am’: I include most DJs in this category, Jo Whiley, Gemma Kernery etc. Stacey Dooley also fits in this category as well as the one without any talent and being in the public eye. She irritates the hell out of me. Yeah Billie Eilish is massively try hard with the whole quirky cool thing. Dawn ‘O’Porter’ is also in that category... look at all my cool celebrity friends and ‘married to a movie star’ 🤮 get in the bin.

If it’s not clear: I don’t like most people 🤣🤣🤣

Just thought of more, the towie people and how they’re all making loads of cash off shows, product lines and promos, the MIC crew bar a few are incredibly annoying, already rich and making even more money off SM. All love island people, who I wouldn’t knew if I fell over are the same.

Jameela Jamil and her armchair expertise in almost everything, most of these people who seem to take issue and argue about everything... don’t they ever fancy a day off??

I can take or leave actors and actresses and have opinions on who’s good or not and bands and singers, people with some talent I have less of an issue with. But social media stars and people who are just ‘there’ need to piss off.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
is it just me

or do all the young bland inoffensive males that get swooned over

Sheeran

Capaldi

and the like

sound like all their stuff has been written in their back bedrooms in no time at all

I wonder how many of these songs will be remembered in 30 years

Reactions: 7
Lil Nas X

I know he got into the industry based on a gimmick and that's all cool, it was even smart. But man gimmick after gimmick and referencing of past gimmicks is going to get old fast

Reactions: 3
Another couple of people, Ariana Grande and James Smith
Arianas songs all sound the same and her lyrics about sex are pretty vulgar considering she has a lot of teenybopper fans.
James is a complete c**t, he just makes me angry his whole attitude
I hate ariana grandes songs and voice. I don't really listen to any recent music so I didn't actually know it was her but kept hearing all these awful songs, with lyrics sounding like ones I was making up in the shower when I was a teenager, and a horrible winy voice. Thought music really is getting bad but then I realised all these songs were ariana grandes. No idea how people can listen to that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Sim
Jo Wylie, smug over-rated name-dropping boring Radio 2 DJ with such an annoying voice. Ruined Simon Mayo’s drive time show.
Simon - and Matt - are back on Drivetime on greatest hits radio. Confessions and everything.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.