Which news story has always stuck with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the one I will never forget (apart from the obvious ones) is poor Leah Betts. I was 10/11 when that happened and I couldn’t get that image out of my head. I always assumed that taking any illegal drugs and I could end up like that. It worked for me as I’ve never taken any.

and more recently Malaysian airlines 370. I wish they would find that plane and put those loved ones out of their misery.

Reactions: 12
The N Korean government’s official line was that he got botulism from eating something bad, and also had a bad reaction to some meds. When he got back to the US, doctors found no evidence of botulism.

It was just so awful, seeing it all start with his being humiliated in the court room, basically begging for his life, being dragged away and then reading about his ultimate death. His parents had no idea he was in a vegetative state prior to meeting him at the airport after he landed in the US. The last time they saw or heard from him he was physically healthy. I can’t begin to imagine their complete and utter shock.

No one outside N Korea will ever know the real truth about what happened to this poor lad, Otto Warmbier.

I think about Otto quite often. My feeling is that he tried to kill himself but was saved, and kept alive. Obviously I could be completely wrong.
I always think about how Otto's friend joked to him that they were never going to see him again when he got taken away by the North Koreans.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Not sure if there is a separate thread but they have found that little girl alive in Australia

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
All these stories are awful 😞 but I’m so glad that little girl was found alive.

Reactions: 3
the one I will never forget (apart from the obvious ones) is poor Leah Betts. I was 10/11 when that happened and I couldn’t get that image out of my head. I always assumed that taking any illegal drugs and I could end up like that. It worked for me as I’ve never taken any.
Her father came and spoke to us at school. I can't remember exactly what he said but I can remember exactly how it made me feel. It was several years after it happened but his pain still felt so raw.

Reactions: 6
I read one of my mums take a break magazines as a child, I read about a girl who was snatched by a couple, strung up and raped daily for 7 years, they made her sleep in a coffin, in the end the wife let her go because the husband was going to kill them both.
I think about it way more often than I should!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

This. Rebecca Aylward killed in Wales in 2010 by her boyfriend. He confessed to it in 2018. I had a random boy on my Facebook (when it was cool/'OK' to just add random hotties lol) and they knew the boy that did it, Joshua Davies. I've never forgotten it 11 years later.

Reactions: 4
I read one of my mums take a break magazines as a child, I read about a girl who was snatched by a couple, strung up and raped daily for 7 years, they made her sleep in a coffin, in the end the wife let her go because the husband was going to kill them both.
I think about it way more often than I should!
Colleen Stan

Reactions: 3
Azra Kemal - I remember reading about her death and thinking what crappy luck. Then what has just come out in the news these past few days, it's just awful. Some real sickos in this world.

Reactions: 8
Azra Kemal - I remember reading about her death and thinking what crappy luck. Then what has just come out in the news these past few days, it's just awful. Some real sickos in this world.
There has been some suspicions about her death, her mum thinks it should be investigated more. I believe her last texts were that she has a falling out with friend and next thing she’s fallen 40ft.

Reactions: 1
I would say even if you are not easily upset think carefully before you read this.
I have a pretty strong stomach and as a crime junkie I’m fine with most stuff but this case really upset me. It’s a story featuring graphic torture so just be aware if you are curious.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.