Which news story has always stuck with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Colin Pitchfork.
He is soon to be released and he will change his name and, if it could not get any worse, he will NOT be on the sex offenders register because his offences took place before it was made law.
Unbelievable.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I think the details of the Sarah Everard case are some of the most harrowing I have ever heard of. I can’t begin to imagine what she went through. 😓 it’s definitely one of those stories that will remain in the public consciousness for a long time.

The CCTV of her walking home is just so haunting. Just reminds of the Jill Meagher case in Australia, which caused outrage in 2012.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I think the details of the Sarah Everard case are some of the most harrowing I have ever heard of. I can’t begin to imagine what she went through. 😓 it’s definitely one of those stories that will remain in the public consciousness for a long time.

The CCTV of her walking home is just so haunting. Just reminds of the Jill Meagher case in Australia, which caused outrage in 2012.
Think Sarah’s case is just so tragic. Her body language on the final footage where he is talking to her….she just looks so dejected.. she was close to home. I hope her friend who’s house she left gave her. hug goodbye and that her call with her boyfriend ended happily. That the last few people she engaged with before that monster made her feel quietly loved.

I still remember hearing that she’d been found in Kent. I’d lived in SW London and thought it can’t be Ken that’s two hours away. Then I hoped that if she had been killed that it had been in London’s and her body moved. But the details got worse abs worse. Think her fa I lied statement certain parts of all of them broke me.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
This article is new but I can already tell it is going to stay with me for a long time. It’s about two female writers. One writer donates her kidney and posts about it to Facebook. The second writer authors a story inspired by the first woman and steals a Facebook post in the process. The details are crazy.. There are ~1.4k comments on the article today.

Reactions: 5

I was going to comment on the same thing. The details are horrific. Rape and murder is bad enough, but hearing the details crushed me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
The murder of Rosie Darbyshire will always stay with me. I remember when it first broke they were saying the body of a man because she was unrecognisable ☹

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This article is new but I can already tell it is going to stay with me for a long time. It’s about two female writers. One writer donates her kidney and posts about it to Facebook. The second writer authors a story inspired by the first woman and steals a Facebook post in the process. The details are crazy.. There are ~1.4k comments on the article today.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like an interesting read x

Reactions: 1
I was going to comment on the same thing. The details are horrific. Rape and murder is bad enough, but hearing the details crushed me.
Ive heard bits about it but haven’t bought myself to read it in detail…just so sad. Just such a big betrayal of trust and so many of us can put ourselves in her position. Her mother’s statement broke me 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I've just read about three people getting stabbed (One man sadly lost his life) in the town where my brother lives. It's so shocking and sad because it's a small quiet town where everyone knows everyone and to have that happen is quite alarming.

There's a few but one of the main ones for me is Breck Bednar, my brother was in classes with him at school and knew him quite well. When he was murdered it was just the most gut wrenching and disturbing story. The news didn't put out all the details of what happened to the poor boy but I've been told by my brother and people who knew him the true details and it haunts me.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
another couple of ones that I often think about - Ed Farmer, the boy who died from alcohol poisoning and there's cctv footage of his mates trying to carry him to get on a train to the next bar even though he was out of it, they took him back to their uni house and he went into cardiac arrest but they didn't realise until it was too late and he was announced brain dead at the hospital the next morning.. the details surrounding that story scare me.

The young boy who got eaten alive by a crocodile in Florida and his parents witnessed it.

This wasn't a highly public case but the disappearance of Jack Morrad from Essex December 2018, he was missing for nearly a week after a night out and then his body was discovered in a lake. I was following it on Facebook and when they announced he had been found it was really bloody sad. I still think of him today.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The Poppi Worthington case. The details were horrible to read but as far as I know her dad was never actually found guilty as they couldn’t prove anything/evidence was lost.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The torture and murder of Adrian Jones (in Kansas, USA). Warning: (if you search online) it is very very distressing.
One of the worst child murders I have ever read about. The thought of what he had to endure is horrifying. I was working in the States at the time and the story will forever haunt me.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
The torture and murder of Adrian Jones (in Kansas, USA). Warning: (if you search online) it is very very distressing.
One of the worst child murders I have ever read about. The thought of what he had to endure is horrifying. I was working in the States at the time and the story will forever haunt me.
I’ve just read about this. I feel physically sick. I don’t understand how people can’t hurt and torture children😭.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
There was a lady who was in Spain I think? She was shopping one day & someone just came along and cut her head off. She was British I believe?
this will always stick with me as I often wonder how scary it must of been for the poor lady. And also those who witnessed it, absolutely awful 🥺😓

edit: found an article

just realised she was from Norwich, where I am from

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
There was a lady who was in Spain I think? She was shopping one day & someone just came along and cut her head off. She was British I believe?
this will always stick with me as I often wonder how scary it must of been for the poor lady. And also those who witnessed it, absolutely awful 🥺😓
I think it was Tenerife. I went there not long after to the same resort and was terrified it would happen again despite it being a complete random attack that could have been anywhere. So tragic.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I think it was Tenerife. I went there not long after to the same resort and was terrified it would happen again despite it being a complete random attack that could have been anywhere. So tragic.
I remember this too. I think i read he was a squatter who lived in that creepy old house that was on the beach in Los cristianos

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.