Which news story has always stuck with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a story in the Mail the last few days about a poor little boy, Arthur, who was abused and then murdered by salt poisoning and banging his head by his 'Father' and Step 'Mother'. Sounds like he was a naughty child because he never had any parenting or boundaries and he used to make his own bed on the sofa and tell people 'nobody loves me'. There are texts between the pair of them about 'digging the little c***s grave' because he was playing up whilst she was having her eyelashes done I was actually in tears at my desk reading it. That poor little mite had a miserable life and died aged 6 after a life of abuse. I hope those 2 have to live with what they did for the rest of their lives and have a life of utter, abject misery. They should also both be forcibly sterilised. I can't even comprehend such cruelty. If there is a God, then no way would such cruelty exist. Utterly heartbreaking.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
There's a story in the Mail the last few days about a poor little boy, Arthur, who was abused and then murdered by salt poisoning and banging his head by his 'Father' and Step 'Mother'. Sounds like he was a naughty child because he never had any parenting or boundaries and he used to make his own bed on the sofa and tell people 'nobody loves me'. There are texts between the pair of them about 'digging the little c***s grave' because he was playing up whilst she was having her eyelashes done I was actually in tears at my desk reading it. That poor little mite had a miserable life and died aged 6 after a life of abuse. I hope those 2 have to live with what they did for the rest of their lives and have a life of utter, abject misery. They should also both be forcibly sterilised. I can't even comprehend such cruelty. If there is a God, then no way would such cruelty exist. Utterly heartbreaking.
It’s a horrific story. He was only with them because his mother went to prison for murder. His Gran report suspected abuse to social services too.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
It's so upsetting. I'm sure school closures would have contributed here. Teachers wouldn't have picked up on any abuse and the poor boy was clearly not being fed.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I saw the nobody loves me headline for this but couldn’t bring myself to read it as it’s just so heartbreakingly sad. I’ve always felt strongly about child cruelty but even more so now I have a little boy. I totally agree with you that some people shouldn’t be allowed to have children, I struggled to have my little boy and I remember reading the stories about baby P at the time and it felt so unfair 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I've been following this. Genuinely wish I hadn't read it. One of the worst things I've ever read about.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The stories that have always stuck with me..

Sally Clarke, she was found guilty of the death of her two sons, which later transpired both her sons actually passed away from SIDS. She worked for the same firm as my Auntie and I remember us following the story as a family, she's never really left my mind, when I had my first son I would think of her often as I anxiously checked on my baby several times throughout the night.

7/7 Bombings, I was at the orthodontist having my braces tightened and the news alert came over the radio and we were all just frozen still.

Manchester Arena Attacks will always haunt me, not only because I'm a Mancunian but I was working the burns ICU unit at the receiving hospital that week & the sights will never leave me.
Along with the Walkden house fire, it was a pleasure to be able to take care of not only Michelle but her family too and support them as they navigated the evil that tore apart their family. I think of them often & hope they continue to navigate their grief as graciously as they have done.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

I was horrified at this happening and at the time I searched for other escalator related deaths. To this day every time I am on one, which isn't often, I'm looking around figuring out what I'd do if I felt it starting to buckle from under. Which would probably be too late anyway

• Wow
Reactions: 3
it was a pleasure to be able to take care of not only Michelle but her family too and support them as they navigated the evil that tore apart their family
Bless you. That was a horrific story.

I really should have not read that escalator article just before I go to sleep 😳

I was horrified at this happening and at the time I searched for other escalator related deaths. To this day every time I am on one, which isn't often, I'm looking around figuring out what I'd do if I felt it starting to buckle from under. Which would probably be too late anyway
New rear unlocked right there!

Reactions: 4
Just came here to post about this poor little boy! He's been on my mind ever since the evidence started coming out. Absolutely disgusting witnesses saw him in the state he was being abused and didn't intervene whatsoever. He was crying to go to his nanny's, even crying for their dog. 💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔💔

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I saw the nobody loves me headline for this but couldn’t bring myself to read it as it’s just so heartbreakingly sad. I’ve always felt strongly about child cruelty but even more so now I have a little boy. I totally agree with you that some people shouldn’t be allowed to have children, I struggled to have my little boy and I remember reading the stories about baby P at the time and it felt so unfair 😢
Same here. I just can’t bring myself to read it. I find child cruelty cases impossible to deal with.

Reactions: 2
James Bulger
victoria Climbie
holly and jessica
dunblane
michael Ryan at hungerford
april jones
the phillpotts
joanna yeates (she was found right next to my kids school sports ground and was obviously v local to us)

Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember Rurik Jutting the banker who killed the 2 women in Hong Kong? I NEVER forgot that one. Also baby Brianna in New Mexico is another one who I think about til this day.

• Sad
There's a few but one of the main ones for me is Breck Bednar, my brother was in classes with him at school and knew him quite well. When he was murdered it was just the most gut wrenching and disturbing story. The news didn't put out all the details of what happened to the poor boy but I've been told by my brother and people who knew him the true details and it haunts me.
I often think of Breck, I work with young people in my role and the documentary/reconstruction BBC3 did was heartbreaking and something I show to young people I work with to help educate them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
There's a few but one of the main ones for me is Breck Bednar, my brother was in classes with him at school and knew him quite well. When he was murdered it was just the most gut wrenching and disturbing story. The news didn't put out all the details of what happened to the poor boy but I've been told by my brother and people who knew him the true details and it haunts me.
The 999 call with him is chilling. What an arrogant, jumped up little psychopath. Brecks poor mum. She tried everything

• Sad
The whole thing is just awful. He didn’t stand a chance. His mum is in prison for stabbing her partner to death. His grandparents were aware things were not right and had even reported their own son to social services but they were ignored, he used to plead to go and live with them. Poor thing😢

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Me too. I just can't stand it after having my baby 💔

I remember watching a documentary about Breck. My impression was there was a big sexual element to the attack. Horrifying.

• Sad
I often think of Breck, I work with young people in my role and the documentary/reconstruction BBC3 did was heartbreaking and something I show to young people I work with to help educate them.
The documentary that BBC3 did was heartbreaking. Watching his friends cry really upset me. I can't imagine what they must be going through cause they all probably assumed that Breck felt the same way in that they didn't believe what Lewis was saying

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.