Which news story has always stuck with you?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but the murder of Paige Doherty in Glasgow has always stuck with me. Everything about that case was just horrific and she was so young with her whole life ahead of her, totally senseless. I think about her family every so often and I really hope they are getting on okay and have managed to find some sort of peace.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but the murder of Paige Doherty in Glasgow has always stuck with me. Everything about that case was just horrific and she was so young with her whole life ahead of her, totally senseless. I think about her family every so often and I really hope they are getting on okay and have managed to find some sort of peace.
Totally forgot about this case! Heartbreaking and horrific for her family to go through, watched lots of interviews with her mum and she is a strong woman, said she had asked to visit Paige’s killer in jail just to find out why but he refused.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Totally forgot about this case! Heartbreaking and horrific for her family to go through, watched lots of interviews with her mum and she is a strong woman, said she had asked to visit Paige’s killer in jail just to find out why but he refused.
Her mum is an incredible lady, I remember reading about her wanting to visit him in jail and him refusing. So disgusting, to not only rob her of her daughter but also that potential chance at some sort of closure. I honestly hope he never sees the light of day again.

Reactions: 3
The Hungerford shootings in 1987, a man called Michael Ryan went on the rampage, randomly shooting everyone in the street. Oh that was horrific. I remember hearing it on the news whilst travelling home from work in a taxi, I can remember the driver turning up the volume.

The murder of Joanna Yeates in December 2010. That haunted me for a very long time and still does really. Her neighbour murdered her. ☹

The murders of Lin Russell and her little daughter Megan. I think the scumbag killed their dog too. They had stopped for a picnic and were savagely murdered. Oh my word, horrific doesn’t even cover it. 😡

Another one which baffles me is the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence in 2009. Somebody is protecting someone else I feel. You can’t just disappear without trace. I really hope her family get some kind of closure with this.

Reactions: 10
Just remembered another story that stuck with me - a mother and daughter checked into a Travelodge in (Glasgow?) and basically butchered their own arms. The daughter actually tired to crawl out to get help at the last minute it would seem.

The strange background was something to do with a girl blackmailing them, pretending to be different people and texting from different numbers. Such a waste.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Just remembered another story that stuck with me - a mother and daughter checked into a Travelodge in (Glasgow?) and basically butchered their own arms. The daughter actually tired to crawl out to get help at the last minute it would seem.

The strange background was something to do with a girl blackmailing them, pretending to be different people and texting from different numbers. Such a waste.
Wow I’ve never heard of this how awful! 😔

Reactions: 1
Princess dianna, 911, I really vividly remember watching these on the news and the Mick philpott arson, I knew his son from the village I grew up in (he wasn't there, he didn't live with him)

Reactions: 2

that mother and daughter must have been so frightened, I cant get over what they must have been going through to have resulted in suicide, poor souls and their family.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
The murder of Kris Donald. I was only young at the time but I remember crying when I read all of the horrific details. I still get a knot in my stomach when I think about it.

• Sad
  • Wow

that mother and daughter must have been so frightened, I cant get over what they must have been going through to have resulted in suicide, poor souls and their family.
This was horrific. I was friends with Nicola and you could not of met a nicer family. Margaret was the nicest lady ever.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Shannon Matthews going missing. I will watch the new two part documentary on channel 5 this week. Her best mate at the time spoke about it....

Everyone deals with stuff differently but if anything bad ever happened to my best mate I would take my story to the grave and never give it to the press. I would be like Dave Grohl who will never speak about how Kurt Cobain died.

Reactions: 7
This was horrific. I was friends with Nicola and you could not of met a nicer family. Margaret was the nicest lady ever.
It really was horrific. I can’t understand how it got so far in to that point that would make people want to kill themselves, it’s just so awful.

Her mum is an incredible lady, I remember reading about her wanting to visit him in jail and him refusing. So disgusting, to not only rob her of her daughter but also that potential chance at some sort of closure. I honestly hope he never sees the light of day again.
I am sure her mum is on another forum I use.

I read a story in the Daily Mail a few weeks ago about a man in America who abducted women, planning to keep them in some sort of cult with him as the leader. He kept them in his basement and at one point had around 6 of them down there together, torturing and raping them. At one point after realising they could hear when he left/came back to the house, he tried to deafen them by stabbing inside their ears with screwdrivers.

One of the women gained his trust by making him believe she was on his side - she helped him get rid of the body of one of the girls he killed and told him what the other girls had been saying/doing when he wasn’t around. Eventually she had a chance to get help, and some of the girls were rescued.

The other girls hated her as they thought she was as bad as he was, eventually after getting out they realised that she had done it to try and save them. It was such a horrific story, I can’t imagine how scared they must have been.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I read a story in the Daily Mail a few weeks ago about a man in America who abducted women, planning to keep them in some sort of cult with him as the leader. He kept them in his basement and at one point had around 6 of them down there together, torturing and raping them. At one point after realising they could hear when he left/came back to the house, he tried to deafen them by stabbing inside their ears with screwdrivers.

One of the women gained his trust by making him believe she was on his side - she helped him get rid of the body of one of the girls he killed and told him what the other girls had been saying/doing when he wasn’t around. Eventually she had a chance to get help, and some of the girls were rescued.

The other girls hated her as they thought she was as bad as he was, eventually after getting out they realised that she had done it to try and save them. It was such a horrific story, I can’t imagine how scared they must have been.
I read that the other day too but thought I read about it initially on here. There are some real horrors in this world

I’ll always remember the murder of Christina Edkins! She was stabbed to death on a bus on her way to school in Birmingham in 2013, the year before I moved there.

Also the murder of Tim McClean back in 2008, decapitated on a Greyhound bus in Canada. I was young at the time and that story really grabbed my attention for some reason, it was just so awful! Not sure why bus murders appear to have stayed with me 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I’ll always remember the murder of Christina Edkins! She was stabbed to death on a bus on her way to school in Birmingham in 2013, the year before I moved there.

Also the murder of Tim McClean back in 2008, decapitated on a Greyhound bus in Canada. I was young at the time and that story really grabbed my attention for some reason, it was just so awful! Not sure why bus murders appear to have stayed with me 🤷🏽‍♀️
I think Tim McClean is haunting because there was no rhyme or reason behind it. He had done nothing wrong and there was no way he could’ve saved himself.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Caroline Hogg going missing. I was the same age as her. Was shocked when years later it emerged that Robert Black had murdered her and Sarah Jane Harper.

Dunblane... was working in a P1 class at the time. It shocked me to the core that anyone could walk in so brazenly. Within weeks schools had intercoms and were moving offices to the front door.

Away back in the 90’s a local lady had acid flung over her instigated my her ex husband. She was such a pretty girl and numerous times we had seen the police detain him while he was stalking her. He had her blinded and her life changed forever. Her 2 boys were with her in the car. He blamed her for his misery. But I believe he moved to Blackpool then stabbed a bouncer at a club. Gordon Modiak was his name.

• Sad
Around 12-15 years ago I'd say, a young guy got chatting to a pretty girl on a train, but never got her details. So he drew a picture of what he remembered of her face, and set up a campaign to try and find her. He went on GMTV to talk about it. I remember at the time, a few people said he should drop it and leave her alone as she might have a boyfriend, or was just being friendly. I never found out if he found her though!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.