When was the last time you cried and why?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cried during the adverts on Comedy Central yesterday... an advert showing a baby bear get taken away from their mummy šŸ˜¢ it got me

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I cried during the adverts on Comedy Central yesterday... an advert showing a baby bear get taken away from their mummy šŸ˜¢ it got me
i hate those, they leave me heartbroken , i have to turn over, then it plays on my mind all day. Anything to do with animals i cant stand it, it hurts my soul x

Reactions: 4
Yesterday when I was feeding the poor semi feral cats who live at the bottom of the carpark in the local supermarket. There's one really shy black and white one and it's only in the last couple of weeks that he's started to come over to me and rub around my legs.
He was just coming over to me yesterday when a bleeping asshole (sorry, but he was) roared into a parking space in his 4x4 with two Alsatians in the back barking like hell.

Needless to say the poor cat was absolutely terrified, ran into the bushes and no way could I get him back out :cry:

There were plenty of other spaces in the carpark so he really did it on purpose. Obviously thought it was funny to terrify the poor cats.

There's a group in the area that looks after them, traps and neuters them, but there are a few of us around that feed them too. The little black and white one is still young enough that if he was trapped he could find a home to live in. Some of the older ones are too feral and wouldn't be able to settle in a home, but I've being trying so hard with that little guy and it was ruined in seconds.
Cried when I got back in the car.
Was there again this morning. He came straight over to me and absolutely devoured two pouches of Whiskas šŸ˜»

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
He's a beaut ā¤
He certainly is and generally pretty friendly (well, with me anyway)
I think he could definitely be adopted and live quite happily in a home.
I'd take him in a heartbeat except I've got my own moody madam here who hisses at any other cat that she sees.
An older ginger boy was rescued by one of the volunteer group recently after someone told them that he had a badly injured leg. Apparently he's doing great on cage rest in their house at the moment and when his leg is better another lady who feeds them has said that she'll adopt him šŸ˜»

• Heart
Iā€™m actually crying right now. I have a phobia of mice and thought I saw one in our kitchen last night (my eyes often play tricks on me) but my boyfriend has confirmed to me that itā€™s 100% not a figment of my imagination. Heā€™s at work and now Iā€™m sat on the driveway in my car sweaty from my gym class and starving thinking I may just have to stay here all day and that my house is going to be forever tainted now. When we had a mouse infestation in my uni house (they had a nest under my bed šŸ˜­) I moved out for 3 weeks. Phobias suck.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Iā€™m actually crying right now. I have a phobia of mice and thought I saw one in our kitchen last night (my eyes often play tricks on me) but my boyfriend has confirmed to me that itā€™s 100% not a figment of my imagination. Heā€™s at work and now Iā€™m sat on the driveway in my car sweaty from my gym class and starving thinking I may just have to stay here all day and that my house is going to be forever tainted now. When we had a mouse infestation in my uni house (they had a nest under my bed šŸ˜­) I moved out for 3 weeks. Phobias suck.
when is your boyfriend back love ? havent you got a friend or neighbour you could go to ? if you keep your distance? x

when is your boyfriend back love ? havent you got a friend or neighbour you could go to ? if you keep your distance? x
could you ring your local council, they are usually good at helping with that, i understand i love all animals, but i also have a mouse phobia , or is there a possibility your boyfriend could come back ? a phobia is very serious x

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

could you ring your local council, they are usually good at helping with that, i understand i love all animals, but i also have a mouse phobia , or is there a possibility your boyfriend could come back ? a phobia is very serious x
Well I managed to go in and straight upstairs to the bathroom cos I was desperate for a wee! and then stayed in there for a long time contemplating my situation.. then back out to go and get some humane traps (and food, no way am I going in the kitchen) and now holed up in the bedroom as far from the potential intruder as possible, which I would where I will stay until I am rescued when my boyfriend gets home at 6 and he can pull the kitchen apart. Thank you for your kind words, it feels so silly to be so scared of something so small doesnā€™t it?!

• Heart
Today, weā€™ve been trying to conceive for a year and really thought this was the month but I got my period this morning. At the point of giving up now.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Well I managed to go in and straight upstairs to the bathroom cos I was desperate for a wee! and then stayed in there for a long time contemplating my situation.. then back out to go and get some humane traps (and food, no way am I going in the kitchen) and now holed up in the bedroom as far from the potential intruder as possible, which I would where I will stay until I am rescued when my boyfriend gets home at 6 and he can pull the kitchen apart. Thank you for your kind words, it feels so silly to be so scared of something so small doesnā€™t it?!
im glad you have gone in, its cold today. No its not silly, i have been mouse phobic for years and i am an animal rights person, i like mice but cant bear them near me, and i certainly cant handle one in the house. It happened to me in the summer , there was one in the kitchen, luckily my husband was in, and it was just a field mouse that next doors cat had chased in because we had the patio doors open. I slept with the light on for weeks so i know how you feel. Stay safe upstairs until your boyfriend is back and then he can sort it all out for you. xx My husband went around all the outside of the house with some kind of mastic gun and sealed all the outside holes up, maybe your boyfriend could do that too , take care let me know how you get on xx

Cried a couple of nights ago because we are so so sleep deprived at the moment (thereā€™s a reason this is used as torture!) Our 8 month old has never slept through, in fact, he wakes up anywhere between 8-15 times a night (terrible reflux even with highest dose of meds/special milk etc etc, we really have tried everything) and more recently my 2 year old is waking up so upset in the night which is unlike him. I donā€™t really cry but everything is a complete overwhelm, this year has just been a total write off and things just seem to be getting shitter week to week. Sending love to everyone on here Xx

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I cried today. I had an operation yesterday (cosmetic) and my other half has not offered to make me a cuppa, or bring me a glass of water once. Has just played games on his computer and slept on the sofa so I have had to do the washing up, put the washing on, wipe down surfaces etc. Makes me think about our future, and if I were to get ill he wouldn't bother to look after me. He is a selfish pig at times.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Couple of days ago - a nurse called me my sons ā€œcarerā€ and not his ā€œparentā€
Caught me off guard šŸ˜©

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Last Monday. Told my boyfriend I was going for a shower and just sat on the bathroom floor crying with the shower running. Anxiety got the better of me that day. X

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Iā€™m crying right now lol. Had a busy week with my PhD work and Iā€™ve been working late into the evening. Today I decided to start my decorating of my bedroom what Iā€™ve been putting off. Didnā€™t stop stripping wallpaper til 7.30 tonight, just got in bed, so so exhausted and my neighbours are playing loud, sh*tty rap music! All I want to do is sleep and I canā€™t!

• Sad
Cried a couple of nights ago because we are so so sleep deprived at the moment (thereā€™s a reason this is used as torture!) Our 8 month old has never slept through, in fact, he wakes up anywhere between 8-15 times a night (terrible reflux even with highest dose of meds/special milk etc etc, we really have tried everything) and more recently my 2 year old is waking up so upset in the night which is unlike him. I donā€™t really cry but everything is a complete overwhelm, this year has just been a total write off and things just seem to be getting shitter week to week. Sending love to everyone on here Xx
Breaks my heart šŸ’”

• Heart
This whole thread makes me want to cry šŸ˜¢

Iā€™ve never been a crier, but since lockdown ive cried a lot over stuff on the tv (mainly emotional covid montages). My biggest one was at the end of Schindlers list cos Iā€™ve never seen it before.

But not including things on the TV triggering it, it was after Borisā€™s first lockdown announcement (which was on TV but you know what I mean). It was the gravity of the situation and feeling like it was this huge moment of the whole country watching this announcement from the prime minister that we never saw coming. Suddenly everyoneā€™s lives were about to change massively and I remember sitting on the floor crying about the uncertainty and fear of it.

• Heart
Today. I went to my childhood and lifelong home for the last time. My dad passed away in May so the house is no longer ours from Monday. So many memories, good and bad, it still smelt of him and ā€œhomeā€ and I just really miss him, not being able to call or text him. I think where everything has been so busy over the past few months that it really hit me today that this is it now. I know how lucky I was as he was a best friend to me as well as my dad, so just a bit heartbroken today.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.